• Both ones are good

• The accesory is good

• New terrariums are good

• Both ones are bad

• Something needed some work, I will tell you them

Results are only viewable after voting.

SteveisNoob

Pixel Pirate
This idea came up on my mind from the awesome thread of Fedora The Explorer, namely Slime-Catcher. So, this will basicly an accesory allows you to obtain an "item version" of ANY enemy you killed. The "item version"s like the ones of Jellyfish's that obtained from fishing. You can use them for aquariums or jars, so that you can show your favourite enemies to the ones who visit your world. So, let's take a look at the accesory;
SOUL Absorber
""Insert sprite here"" (Sorry, I have no knowledge about making sprites :/)
Allows you to capture an enemy to place it in a box.
SOUL of an enemy disappears after it died. Or, does it? (Both the name and tooltip contains Undertale references, I really like the game :) )
OK, now there's something should be included;
  • Enemies will only be captured if the accesory set visible on the slot. (This is because of preventing unintentional captures. If you have better ideas please improve that part)
  • When accesory is active, there's a shadow similar to Death Sickle right behind of player. This shadow won't be affected by Turtle/Beetle Shell or weapons like Heat Ray.
  • Enemies captured with this accesory won't drop their normal loot.
  • The "item version"s of enemies captured by this accesory will have a name system similar to Treasure Bags. Like; "Enemy Critter(Star Cell)" "Enemy Critter(Crawdad) and such.
  • Currently existing Jellyfish ones won't be affected by this.
Now, I will have a surprise, some new Terrariums! They will act a bit different from the normal Terrariums that currently exist. You can right click them and add/remove critters onto them to be more creative.:) Now, there's the variants;
The Terrarium: Crafted via a Terrarium and a Wire. Have a 3*4 size. Can contain only one critter.
Big Terrarium: Crafted via two The Terrariums. Have a 4*7 size. Can contain up to three critters.
Huge Terrarium: Crafted via two Big Terrariums. Have a 6*10 size. Can contain up to five critters.
Mega Terrarium: Crafted via two Huge Terrariums. Have a 8*20 size. Can contain up to ten critters.
Tematic Terrarium: Crafted via four Mega Terrariums. Have a 20*50 size. Can contain up to... 40 or 50, please decide yourself. :)
All versions crafted at a Workbench, Huge, Mega and Tematic ones will have room for both water and land critters, and other ones will have their Aquarium variants crafted at Workbench again. :)

Feel free to add any type of comments you wanna add! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Although there's a risk here with really rare enemies, I feel as if you should still kill a few of an enemy in order to get their soul. Perhaps you need 10 souls in order to craft an enemy critter? Or maybe (with the accessory equipped), enemies have a 1/10 chance of dropping a soul instead of their normal loot?

Edit: Forgot to mention: I'm always up for more decorations and collecting! It'd be nice to be able to collect enemies in a form other than banners.

Although there's a risk here with really rare enemies, I feel as if you should still kill a few of an enemy in order to get their soul. Perhaps you need 10 souls in order to craft an enemy critter? Or maybe (with the accessory equipped), enemies have a 1/10 chance of dropping a soul instead of their normal loot?

Edit: Forgot to mention: I'm always up for more decorations and collecting! It'd be nice to be able to collect enemies in a form other than banners.
Since absorbing a soul disabling other loot I think the soul should be %100. Also, there're rare enemies such as Nymphs or Pinkies, someone might want to capture them. (Of course, one of them would be me :) )

I know how many mobs are in the game, so this idea would take a lot of work for the developers to implement should they want to make the attempt. And pet Terrariums function more as a .gif than a container with a live creature in them, so the big terrariums won't work for the idea that you want it to.

That being said, I better like what the previous poster said about the chance for a mob soul to drop as opposed to it being a definite. There's something particularly satisfying about the potential to cram a Paladin in a box and put it in a prison or a museum setting with other mobs I've captured.

I don't really know what you imagined, so I made two sprites
fJGZYa8.jpg

It would bee nice to bee able to have enemies trapped in your house like this plus it would give something other than banners to represent enemies a person loves butt I do have to ask can this work on bosses (assuming u can beat them with the accessory equipped)

I really like this idea to present your proudest creatures. What would the souls look like in your inventory?

Back
Top Bottom