Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Nah, it needs work

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Noh, Nevah Evah.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Qw2

Official Terrarian
My first NPC Suggestion! Feel free to give feedback!

The Soulsgirl.
soulsgirl.gif

Moves in after Obtaining your first soul.
Instead of salesgirl? Get it?

Pae L. Deth
Faytalitie
Demize(This may not work, we all know why)

Normal:
[singing] Danger is lurking around every turn…
Nighttime is my favorite time of day. You know why?
Do you ever wonder what's under the underworld?
[name of Merchant] says I need to stop summoning eclipses. I can't help it, its fun. (After a solar eclipse has happened)
Waddaya want…
Ssh, the ghosts are telling their life story.
I see you have been harvesting souls. You know how wrong that sounds? (If the player has a soul in their inventory)
[name of Clothier] Seems to hate me. I don't know why…
Talk softer, you might wake the baby ghosts.
If there is gold on one side of the rainbow, what's on the other?

Finished Soul Conversion:
You've come back? Almost no one comes back.
Here. Take it and leave. Please.
Wait, what kind of soul would YOU drop?

Not FInished Soul Conversion Quotes:
Hello. How are you? Do you like me? I don't like you.
I'M NOT DONE YET
You think this is easy. It is.
Watch it, or Ill take your soul!

Blood Moon Quotes:
I love nights like this.
I hear screaming. Go check it out, I think it's [name of Nurse].
Sure, Ill be happy to sell you anything!
Hi! How are you?
Hah, I hear arguing. BEST NIGHT EVER

Sells:
Soul Vial (Used in crafting)
soulvial.gif

Sold for 1 silver

Soul Emblem
soulemblem.gif

'Increases Soul Drop rate by 50%'
Credit to @Narwhal for this idea.
Sold for 1 Gold

Deathweed Seeds
Item_310.png

Reaper Statue
Item_447.png

No Value

Gloom Statue
Item_451.png

No Value

Death Scythe (Not to be confused with the Death Sickle)
deathscythe.gif

Shoots a spinning scythe projectile that does 60 damage per hit.
The bolt lasts for .5 seconds.
Extremely Slow Speed
Uses 50 mana
Costs 2 platinum.

[Blood Moon] Clown Bomb
Has a smaller blast radius than dynamite, but larger that an bomb.
Costs 25 silver.

She can trade Souls of light for souls of night and vice versa, but this will cost 50 silver per soul and take 5 seconds per soul.
She can convert mech souls into 3 souls of night, flight, or light for 1 gold each, and will take 15 seconds each.
She can convert souls of night/light into any other boss soul, given you have 2 gold and have beaten that boss, and this would take 30 seconds each.

The soul vial can be used to craft the following potions:
Vial of Growth
corruptpotion.gif

'Reduces damage by Corrupted enemies by 15% for 4 minutes
Crafted with 1 Rotten Chunk, 1 Soul Vial, and 1 Soul of Night
Vial of Rot
crimsonpotion.gif

'Reduces damage by Crimson Enemies by 15% for 4 minute
Crafted with 1 Vertebrae, 1 Soul Vial, and 1 Soul of Night
Vial of Darkness
hallowpotion.gif

'Reduces damage by Hallowed Enemies by 15% for 4 minutes
Crafted with 1 Pixie Dust, 1 Soul Vial, and 1 Soul of Light
Credit to @Lecic for this idea.

I hid a few Sonic, Soul Eater, and IRL Word references in here! See if you can find them!

Last edited:
Eh. This isn't actually necessary, you know. She needs more (maybe even unique) treasures to make her loved and stuff. Nice Sprites though! (And who would trade Mech Souls of Light/Night)?

Eh. This isn't actually necessary, you know. She needs more (maybe even unique) treasures to make her loved and stuff. Nice Sprites though! (And who would trade Mech Souls of Light/Night)?
Its an alt to the dreaded farming. Mostly a way to turn those extra boss souls into more useful stuff. :dryadhappy:

I'll see what I can come up with, though.

Well I think the Soul Eater reference is quite prominent... XD
They already had 2 Soul Eater references in the game and they were both removed for copyright. (I was so depressed by this D:) If you wanted to add a SE reference then you could have just used the "Scythe" sprite, as it can be found on the wiki and on other sites as well.

Edit: That happy face right there might be the worst mistake I've ever made, but I won't take it down and ruin it in its horrible beauty.

Well I think the Soul Eater reference is quite prominent... XD
They already had 2 Soul Eater references in the game and they were both removed for copyright. (I was so depressed by this D:) If you wanted to add a SE reference then you could have just used the "Scythe" sprite, as it can be found on the wiki and on other sites as well.
Oh noes! D:
I actually never WANTED to, it just matched the personality of the NPC. :p

why would she sell lifeforce potions? the only things left to use them on are duke fishron and the moon events.

Also, a suggestion for an item she sells:

The Soul Stealer (haha i can't sprite that well)
51 magic damage
I like-a me souls.
Gives a +50% chance to drop souls upon death.

That's not a very good tooltip and I kind of made that up on the spot...

Edit: That wasn't very detailed. Allow me to elaborate:
Shoots a smaller Death Scythe particle out that homes in on enemies and is blue.

Reactions: Qw2
Also, a suggestion for an item she sells:

The Soul Stealer (haha i can't sprite that well)
51 magic damage
I like-a me souls.
Gives a +50% chance to drop souls upon death.

That's not a very good tooltip and I kind of made that up on the spot...

Edit: That wasn't very detailed. Allow me to elaborate:
Shoots a smaller Death Scythe particle out that homes in on enemies and is blue.

Since she already sells a weapon, I was thinking more of an accessory. :)

Since she already sells a weapon, I was thinking more of an accessory. :)
Alright, cool :D
Seeing that Soul Emblem gave me a really weird idea that's probably bad but I'm gonna say it anyway.

Soul Catcher (Soul emblem + Bug net)
Steals souls from mobs in the Crimson, Hallow and Corruption
No more farming for the last soul, just take it!

That's really OP and bad but it came to me and I couldn't deny it :3

But... you don't need Souls for anything past mech tier, except Flight for later game wings... Nor do I see a reason to trade my hard-earned mech souls for something significantly less valuable, that being Souls of Light and Night.

Also, life-force is a pretty powerful potion. I don't think you should be able to just buy them.

Overall, I don't really see a reason for this NPC to be implemented in her current state.

So, here's my suggestion for how to improve her. First, she is unlocked after you obtain your first soul, instead of post-golem, where souls are essentially worthless. You can pay her 1 gold to convert Souls of Night to Light, and vice-versa. You can also pay her 5 gold to convert 1 mech soul into another kind. Finally, she can also break mech souls down into 3 (just a random number I chose) each of Night, Light, and Flight souls.
Remove the life force potion and deathweed seeds from her shop, and add in more versions of the vial, which should be a consumable potion like the warmth potion instead of accessories. Sticking with the warmth potion theme, they should be the opposite of the thing they reduce damage for. So, "Vial of Growth" to counteract the rot of the Corruption, "Vial of Darkness" to counteract the light of the Hallow, and "Vial of Rot" to counteract the overgrowing flesh of the Crimson.

Also, since she seems to deal with taking and dealing with souls, how about a name change? "Apprentice Reaper" sounds cool, and fits with the scythe she sells.

But... you don't need Souls for anything past mech tier, except Flight for later game wings... Nor do I see a reason to trade my hard-earned mech souls for something significantly less valuable, that being Souls of Light and Night.

Also, life-force is a pretty powerful potion. I don't think you should be able to just buy them.

Overall, I don't really see a reason for this NPC to be implemented in her current state.

So, here's my suggestion for how to improve her. First, she is unlocked after you obtain your first soul, instead of post-golem, where souls are essentially worthless. You can pay her 1 gold to convert Souls of Night to Light, and vice-versa. You can also pay her 5 gold to convert 1 mech soul into another kind. Finally, she can also break mech souls down into 3 (just a random number I chose) each of Night, Light, and Flight souls.
Remove the life force potion and deathweed seeds from her shop, and add in more versions of the vial, which should be a consumable potion like the warmth potion instead of accessories. Sticking with the warmth potion theme, they should be the opposite of the thing they reduce damage for. So, "Vial of Growth" to counteract the rot of the Corruption, "Vial of Darkness" to counteract the light of the Hallow, and "Vial of Rot" to counteract the overgrowing flesh of the Crimson.

Also, since she seems to deal with taking and dealing with souls, how about a name change? "Apprentice Reaper" sounds cool, and fits with the scythe she sells.
Thanks for the feedback!

I added in most of you your Ideas, but I'll have to make the sprites when I get home.

1/5 gold for each transformation is a lot.... unless you can do stacks

Not unless you want to convert around 30-60 souls. (And I don't think you'll convert that many anyway.)
1 Gold for a Light->Night or Night->Light
5 Gold for a Mech Soul -> 3 Night, Light, or Flight.

It only gets expensive when you convert boss souls. But that's the balanced part of it.
I think this suggestion only fits the ones who hate grinding, but are swimming in money. :p

I kinda like this. We've already had a Soul Eater scythe in Terraria before (the Kishin Hunter technique scythe to be precise) its was removed nearly immediately. Also why would she sell 2 useless statues? Come up with more wares please. Support is halved.

Maybe you should make it harder to get her

As of right now there's really not much reason to add her in... why would you want to trade boss souls for light/dark souls anyway? and just run a pirate/goblin invasion and you can get dark/light souls that way, ezpz. The only good thing is vials

As of right now there's really not much reason to add her in... why would you want to trade boss souls for light/dark souls anyway? and just run a pirate/goblin invasion and you can get dark/light souls that way, ezpz. The only good thing is vials
Why did you quote my post

Why would you make it even harder to add her in if there's really no reason to have her at all ^^^

Back
Top Bottom