NPCs & Enemies The Spider Boss

Krypnoda

Terrarian
This would go with Stormconure's suggestions of improving the Spider Nest biome. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a spider boss. First i need to tell you the summoning technique.
Crafting
  • 5 Vials of Venom
  • 5 Ectoplasm
  • 20 Stingers
  • 10 Spider Fangs
    • =Poisoned Shackle=Azi Dahaka has been awoken
Now for the description
This is a dragon with three heads, no wings, 4 legs, and a tail. Now for it's connection to spiders. When Azi Dahaka takes damage he will automatically spawn a new kind of spider
  • Camel Spider
  • HP: 300
  • Damage: 100
  • Defense: 10
  • They cannot climb walls
HP: 30,000
Damage: 30/20
Defense: 20
Azi Dahaka will spray venom after running around dealing damage. The trick about Azi Dahaka, is that using the bee necklace to fight him will not work because of his spawning spiders. After he dies, a new miniboss spawns

Arachne
HP: 15,000
Damage: 90/10
Defense: 20
Arachne is a giant spider that shoot cobwebs to slow down the enemy.
That is it.....Except for the drops
Dragons Shackle: 100% drop from Azi Dahaka
When user is attacked spiders attack enemies
Tinkerable with Bee Veil to create Arthropod Veil
Stinger ((was tempted to call it sting but...))
Damage: 56
Speed: 30
Auto-Swing: Yes
When swung summons spiders
50% percent drop chance from Arachne

Any ideas for it...criticism...anyting?​

Last edited:
Look it up, it is from mythology, from its blood venomous cretures are created http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zahhak
Another name for it is Zahhak
I looked it over and it had a lot more references to dragons and serpents then spiders (which I didn't find at all anyway). It's basically a weak Hydra from what I've read *shrug*

I definitely think the boss should be an actual spider of some sort, or at least resemble a spider. Not... this.

7 posts wasted discussing the lack of spider connection of the boss because you linked the wrong article....

I don't know... Isn't the damage a bit weak for a post-plantera boss? And that mini-boss, that thing is gonna be dead before it can do anything with 5K HP, especially if you have dungeon weapons or better.

7 posts wasted discussing the lack of spider connection of the boss because you linked the wrong article....

I don't know... Isn't the damage a bit weak for a post-plantera boss? And that mini-boss, that thing is gonna be dead before it can do anything with 5K HP, especially if you have dungeon weapons or better.
The paladin has 5,000 HP, and the main damage is done by the spiders

The paladin has 5,000 HP, and the main damage is done by the spiders
Yes, but when you first face Paladin you don't have the dungeon-tier weapons yet. This boss is after those, so it is no longer an issue. 5K is nothing when you are equipped with dungeon tier weapons. Not to mention people will already have access to the best of armor and weapons by the time this boss is available.

Also, you didn't give the stats of the spiders that would spawn from the boss when you hit it. If you are using the black creeper, at least include their stats so people could see without checking the wiki.

Yes, but when you first face Paladin you don't have the dungeon-tier weapons yet. This boss is after those, so it is no longer an issue. 5K is nothing when you are equipped with dungeon tier weapons. Not to mention people will already have access to the bess of armor and weapons by the time this boss is available.

Also, you didn't give the stats of the spiders that would spawn from the boss when you hit it. If you are using the black creeper, at least include their stats so people could see without checking the wiki.

Ok, why are you stalking me? Like, every thread I go to, you go there next.

Yes, but when you first face Paladin you don't have the dungeon-tier weapons yet. This boss is after those, so it is no longer an issue. 5K is nothing when you are equipped with dungeon tier weapons. Not to mention people will already have access to the best of armor and weapons by the time this boss is available.

Changed it a little, made him spawn a new monster, and buffed Arachne

Why not something more recognizable as an arachnid, like, Arachne, a half human, half spider creature, with six legs and two arms, with a weird looking body, like you know, evening else in terraria.
(if someone thinks this is inappropriate just think, we have the floating gross that seems like a half woman half mutant creature of death)

That could also drop silk (because of the myth you know)

Back
Top Bottom