tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

If phoenix is moving, that sounds like a good time for you guys to take a break and relax, it could be a week or 2 until everything at the new place is set up and nesting is completed. Find some small project you can mess around with or just play the game. Cleaning my home always helps me get motivated to do other things since I hate cleaning.

wow are there a lot of implemented items.
While most would be fairly easy to implement if phoenix were present, theres currently a WHOPPING EIGHTY SEVEN unadded items
To be fair, a lot of that is either
-Really easy to add
-Scrapped
-Possibly renamed (and therefore leaving me unable to find it)
-just tools/armor (easy AF to code)

but still... wow

wow are there a lot of implemented items.
While most would be fairly easy to implement if phoenix were present, theres currently a WHOPPING EIGHTY SEVEN unadded items
To be fair, a lot of that is either
-Really easy to add
-Scrapped
-Possibly renamed (and therefore leaving me unable to find it)
-just tools/armor (easy AF to code)

but still... wow
I dont know I can help you much but this is everything I have sprited For Spirit Mod excluding Calamity stuff here and there. Some may look familiar to you , @PhoenixBlade could probably point out the ones you need. But he not here obviously :/

LINK:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vlads-not-so-derpy-sprites.4540/

Omigosh it looks...magestic
square-1480004413-excited-adventure-time.gif

Last year I said that this mod makes more promises than it should do. You should have split it into parts, like I said. You wanted to release it as a whole package... I called it, but everyone disagreed with me and treated me like I was the devil himself. It's not your fault, everyone loses motivation at times, but i think you shouldn't have promised that much... If you made the mod smaller and split it up, I think you wouldn't be nearly as exhausted and uninterested in continuing as you are now. You can only work at it full times if you got funding, and/or got too much spare time, and that's not the case for the dev team.

Last year I said that this mod makes more promises than it should do. You should have split it into parts, like I said. You wanted to release it as a whole package... I called it, but everyone disagreed with me and treated me like I was the devil himself. It's not your fault, everyone loses motivation at times, but i think you shouldn't have promised that much... If you made the mod smaller and split it up, I think you wouldn't be nearly as exhausted and uninterested in continuing as you are now. You can only work at it full times if you got funding, and/or got too much spare time, and that's not the case for the dev team.
I have agreed with your input the entirety of the process, I'm pretty sure everyone knew this was how it would end in the first place. A shift from summer when we had massive amounts of free time to our regular schedule surely slowed production and motivation. Perhaps it had been lack of community feedback throughout that had led to exhaustion, if betas were released to everyone regularly it surely would have kept the modding spirit alive. Sectioned content would have been the greatest way of tackling the promises made, I'm surprised I'm just now hearing about it and it hadn't caught on.

Not trying to ruin the mood with this post, there has been a massive amount of great content from all members of the dev team, with some devs consistently contributing to the mod (Vlad is OP) while other devs just pass through the process, putting in as much as what makes them happy (more like myself). I have had a great time during development of this mod, without it I don't think I would have developed a fondness for pixel art the way I have. However, without regular cause/effect from the work put in to enjoyment put out the project sadly begins to feel like a waste of time. I am disappointed I left the way I did but it appears now that perhaps everyone will be leaving the same way: just fading out of the Spirit Mod.

I hope to be back to the modding scene once I crave the same enthusiasm as I used to experience.

I have told the devs many times that betas and community feedback could have helped, but everytime I said that it wasn't a smart choice of loading so much work on the shoulders of a small team, I always got told to have faith in their capabilities, and that everything was going to be alright. I never trusted this statement, because it's seemingly impossible. If it had been split up into 3-5 smaller mods, with a focus on early game, mid game and lategame, content could have been provided a lot easier and faster. I really dont know why nobody did though. Releasing it as a package seemed to be more important to the team, than getting it out finished, and bug free... Making it a public beta could have sped up the progress of the mod, and it could have spotted bugs and issues a lot faster... But sometimes pride and the will to get things done can make you stop realising that you're exhausting yourself a little too much.

Everybody knew it would end like this. Why did you decide to kill your own work? The difference between Thorium and Tremor is that they not only worked hard on their mod, but they also but it out when they thought it was ready to be released.

Last edited:
I have told the devs many times that betas and community feedback could have helped, but everytime I said that it wasn't a smart choice of loading so much work on the shoulders of a small team, I always got told to have faith in their capabilities, and that everything was going to be alright. I never trusted this statement, because it's seemingly impossible. If it had been split up into 3-5 smaller mods, with a focus on early game, mid game and lategame, content could have been provided a lot easier and faster. I really dont know why nobody did though. Releasing it as a package seemed to be more important to the team, than getting it out finished, and bug free... Making it a public beta could have sped up the progress of the mod, and it could have spotted bugs and issues a lot faster... But sometimes pride and the will to get things done can make you stop realising that you're exhausting yourself a little too much.

Everybody knew it would end like this. Why did you decide to kill your own work? The difference between Thorium and Tremor is that they not only worked hard on their mod, but they also but it out when they thought it was ready to be released.

i dont want to speak against any arguments that you made,but i think you see modding a bit to serious
an mod should be something you only work on when your in the right mood,thats what the most devs do

because the "public beta" argument
there is an mini closed beta where we got many bug reports
but it isnt is polished enough for an public beta,since it wasnt was able to play an normal playthrough with it
like,missing recipes or that some enemys have wrong balancing

Honestly i do NOT blame the team for being exhausted after day and night enslavement to this mod. Months have they constantly worked and its only at the final stretch they are so close to a finished product yet far enough they cant touch it.
There is not much i can do, I absolutely understand the loss of motivation( Ive lost it too).

This is not the end or a means to dampen your hope, it simply means the final stretch will be well... stretchier? The team is demoralized for more than a good reason and although we must deliver our promise we should take in account about our well-being.

- We love the community we have and the support but Spirit Mod is one of those things that you have to forget and come back to when the news release hits your ears.

Thank you:)

Oh and enjoy the skeletons
View attachment 149366
We love you too Vlad :D

Hello all! As I have a short time to write, I'll be as clear as possible. Progress has been at a halt as a mixture of school, moving, and the flu have all made me somewhat dispirited and hesitant to re-enter the nodding scene. I've been taking a break, but hope to recover and settle down in my new house soon.

To all those berating the mod's idea of releasing everything together- I certainly understand your frustration. I definitely should have foreseen people losing interest in a large project with no end. This does hinder progress, but will not stop it.

At the same time, I cannot thank people who've stuck with the mod for a long time, like @Vladimier, @Graydee, and many more. I honestly, really appreciate your help and it's a part of what fuels me to keep the mod going.

However, please keep in mind that this mod, something we've devoted free time to to release to everyone will never be dead. There may be delays, but I promise you that I'll never truly stop working on this mod, and that I will see it to the end. :)

Thanks for reading, and hopefully understanding.

Plus @Graydee will kill me if I give up now.

Last edited:
Hello all! As I have a short time to write, I'll be as clear as possible. Progress has been at a halt as a mixture of school, moving, and the flu have all made me somewhat dispirited and hesitant to re-enter the nodding scene. I've been taking a break, but hope to recover and settle down in my new house soon.

To all those berating the mod's idea of releasing everything together- I certainly understand your frustration. I definitely should have foreseen people losing interest in a large project with no end. This does hinder progress, but will not stop it.

At the same time, I cannot thank people who've stuck with the mod for a long time, like @Vladimier, @Graydee, and many more. I honestly, really appreciate your help and it's a part of what fuels me to keep the mod going.

However, please keep in mind that this mod, something we've devoted free time to to release to everyone will never be dead. There may be delays, but I promise you that I'll never truly stop working on this mod, and that I will see it to the end. :)

Thanks for reading, and hopefully understanding.

Plus @Graydee will kill me if I give up now.

Ignore the people complaining and get a break and get healthy. Health and school should come before the mod. We are even less likely to get this glorious looking mod if you die.

Antasma is absolutely correct on pretty much all accounts. There is nothing but solid, grounded logic and prediction in both of his posts, and while I understand the optimism and trying to keep chins up in the face of huge odds, overambition is the killer of way, way too many projects.

But, on the other hand, hindsight is 20/20 and if the devs are to be believed, they managed to pull through anyway, so good on them. Everyone looks forward to playing Spirit, there's no doubt about that. The only real question that remains is, when it releases, will it be good and live up to this year long buildup? Honest answer; probably not, but it should still be a lot better than the vast majority of mods out there.

Back
Top Bottom