tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

Found a bug: The scarab minions somehow keep glitching down through everything instead of standing on the ground. I don't mean platforms, I mean they just fall through the dirt. And stone. And everything else. Sometimes they land in the middle of a wall for a couple seconds, but then they fall some more.

Not a bug, but something mildly irritating: It would be nice if there were a way to manually de-summon the Overgrowth Spirit instead of waiting or re-logging.
I don't encounter the first issue:
ice_screenshot_20170621-125452.png

and the code looks fine. However, I did fix the second one, which was a bug.
Does the spirit biome spawn naturally somewhere? Or do i need to make my own biome?
Kill un Mech Boss and the biome will spawn randomly in your world. Or, you can make an artificial one using Spirit Solution and a clentaminator.

I don't encounter the first issue and the code looks fine. However, I did fix the second one, which was a bug.

I figured it out, the Flying Minions Ignore Terrain mod breaks scarabs. No idea why, since spiders aren't affected by it and scarabs clearly use spider AI as a base. One moment...

Saerus's page says that "mod minions will ignore terrain if they have ignoreWater set to true," so there's the problem. I guess I'll just disable that mod until I find a different summon to use.

Crashed when trying to summon the Ancient Flier.

Attachments

• Terraria - Spirit mod Jewel Crown crash.JPG
    Terraria - Spirit mod Jewel Crown crash.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 119
Just a common memory issue that happens when you've got too many mods or too much is happening at once. Restarting should fix it right up.
Thanks! That's never happened to me before.

The only big content mods I'm running are Spirit and Chad's Furniture... looks like I have to choose one or the other, sadly. Not sure why there's a bottleneck there, when some people run Thorium, Tremor, and Calamity simultaneously. Calls for more experimentation.

Aha! I think the culprit was Visual Radar. Taking that out lets me run everything else without a problem. `:happy:

Last edited:
If you guys were wondering how progress is going:

All artifacts are done! Working on some other things before we push out an update. If you want to see spoilers of each weapon in action, join our discord(shameless plug :p).

Woah! I don't know what any of this is, but by judging how what I've played so far is like, I'm really looking forward to it.

Will this update require making a new world or anything like that? It doesn't look like it, but it's always nice to be sure.

Woah! I don't know what any of this is, but by judging how what I've played so far is like, I'm really looking forward to it.

Will this update require making a new world or anything like that? It doesn't look like it, but it's always nice to be sure.
Making a new world makes it easier to obtain a Crafting Station, but that has a recipe of its own in case one is already in a playthrough. However, you'd have to make a new character to obtain the first item to get any of this started(though I'm sure you can do that while in another playthrough). The rest can be obtained at multiple points of your playthrough :)

Making a new world makes it easier to obtain a Crafting Station, but that has a recipe of its own in case one is already in a playthrough. However, you'd have to make a new character to obtain the first item to get any of this started(though I'm sure you can do that while in another playthrough). The rest can be obtained at multiple points of your playthrough :)

So basically, make a Crafting Station out of presumably cheap-ish resources that I probably already have, make a new character, have them drop a new thing in a box at spawn, and then I won't miss out on anything? Either that or just use Cheat Sheet to get the "new character" item, right? Or is there more to it than that?

So basically, make a Crafting Station out of presumably cheap-ish resources that I probably already have, make a new character, have them drop a new thing in a box at spawn, and then I won't miss out on anything? Either that or just use Cheat Sheet to get the "new character" item, right? Or is there more to it than that?
That sounds about right! The rest involve some farming to obtain.

That sounds about right! The rest involve some farming to obtain.

All right, thanks! I'm gathering Floran gear in my current playthrough right now, so I might not even have to farm things I've already done!

Seriously, I've played this world for about 18 hours, and I've just now started getting Floran stuff. Turns out that when you don't build for a while, building becomes amazingly fun to get back to. Who knew. also expert is hard

Are there any really good building blocks added in this mod I should know about?

All right, thanks! I'm gathering Floran gear in my current playthrough right now, so I might not even have to farm things I've already done!

Seriously, I've played this world for about 18 hours, and I've just now started getting Floran stuff. Turns out that when you don't build for a while, building becomes amazingly fun to get back to. Who knew. also expert is hard

Are there any really good building blocks added in this mod I should know about?
Not too many. The Spirit Wood set looks a bit lackluster, and we're working on fixing it up. There aren't too many modded blocks otherwise.

ummmm, what do i do if the npcs arent spawning?
The adventurer should have spawned and i need the items he sells, but hes not spawning

Back
Top Bottom