tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

Is it really a visual issue if my first hit does 25+ dmg and the consequent hits all do around ~15dmg? (this all being left-click attacks). The weapon resets to normal dmg for 1 hit after I restart the game or reforge it. Maybe one of my other mods is affecting it like RPG classes or something.
Nah, that's the thing I did earlier in which I accidentally made left and right click effects have lower damage values. Fixed that up in the next update. The two are unrelated :)

Nah, that's the thing I did earlier in which I accidentally made left and right click effects have lower damage values. Fixed that up in the next update. The two are unrelated :)
ooooh, I see now. Ty for clearing that up. Looking forward to the next update. Enjoying the mod so far.

I come in here to see arguing about a 12.5% drop, yet I haven't seen nearly this much debate on Monster Hunter rares. You don't even know grinding until you have to fight a long :red: boss for a rare that has 4 opportunities to drop, all of which being a 3% (4 times), 3% (2 times), 2% (no guarantee, but stupidly dangerous), and 2%. In the end, what I'm trying to say is you may have only a 12.5% drop chance, but most bosses aren't even that hard, and take a maybe a minute or two, while some people grind 25 minutes for some things with no guarantee of success. On a side note, there's much worse RNG out there in games like Warfame and our favorite Terraria. Whether its that insert rare Warframe drop or a Rod of Discord, there is much worse.

Also part of the problem isn't the drop rate, but its Desire Sensor. The more you want it, the higher chance you won't get it. Anyway, I'm done unnecessarily ranting.

Sorry but I know bad grinding. I've played plenty of MH4U, and I farmed legend weapons in Borderlands 2 before the loot update for those sick Infinity Pistol drops. All you've done is compare drop rates from other games but that doesn't make them or this any less monotonous. Just means the other games need to have a serious look at what is considered "fun", while my point(which is my opinion mind you) still stands, I don't like unchallenging grinding. Telling me other games are less forgiving doesn't make me thankful or anything, it still isn't enjoyable, I think.

The big kicker is that the mod dev personally likes farming, though. And thats on him to make his mod personally enjoyable for himself, if I wanted what I want exactly, thats on me to make my own. I'm greatful for the content either way. And wow, you haven't seen as much complaints on Monster Hunter drops as my whopping 2 posts on this forum? Thats nuts man, go check out the Reddit and get back to me.

I've seen plenty of MH rage. Hell I experienced quite a bit tonight. Although, there's nothing wrong with the drop rate. All that is happening is you are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to RNG. It happens and sucks quite often, but its not impossible to have fun with it. Ever heard the cries of rage from Arin Hanson? Well I consistently mimic those cries of rage for the sake of making grinding not as bad. Just find a way to make the grind funner, whether its through releasing you're emotion, listening to music while doing it, or simply socializing with other online friends. You're the first person to have a problem with it, and I can understand with Desire Sensor :red:ing up your chances of getting it all the time. It happens, but that's no reason to blame the mod and its creators, but rather to get mad at RNG.

By the way, MH farming isn't nearly as bad because its a lot of fun to fight monsters. If the game was made to not be farmed, it would lose a lot to the game. All of MH's fun comes from hunting monsters over and over, rather than getting the parts you need and being done.

So, I have a rather silly question. Do the bosses have trophies for them?
I'm doing a multi-mod trophy run, and want to know if I can acquire trophies for the Spirit mod bosses.

I have a few questions about he spirit biome, so when is it supposed spawn? cause i did the destroyer first and no spirt biome spawned and even more nothing after all 3 and eventually i just quarantined off a section and used the clentaminator but that did not work as a expected, the biome isnt spreading at all and i cant clentaminate on corruption and the clentaminator also makes this wall stuff, is that supposed to spread, is this a bug i am just very confused on how it is supposed to interact with things as there is no info anywhere else. thanks

I have a few questions about he spirit biome, so when is it supposed spawn?
After the first mechanical boss, doesn't matter which one. It does not spread.

If you can't find it, check under your snow biome; it doesn't convert snow, so it's possible to miss it if it's there. Or I guess there might be a bug. My last Spirit biome spawned a little oddly, failing to convert random bits of crimstone on the surface. It was better further down.

There's a bug with items using Projectile.NewProjectile in multiplayer, they have to be dropped in order to sync properly. (For example Solus.)

There is however a solution.
Changing item.owner into Main.myPlayer seems to resolve this issue.

Hey, so I'm in multiplayer with the Tier Two Shard of Thanos (melee) and it keeps getting massive decreased damage buffs for no apparent reason. so if I right click, damage is decreased by 48% (shown in the weapon stats), and left click is by about 28%. Right click also rarely summons the shield around me, while in Tier One, the shield would summon around one of my friends.
I'm more concerned about the damage reduction, though, because it would be a great weapon otherwise. Is this normal, or a glitch that will be addressed at some later point?
- Sorry if this has been discussed earlier, I scrolled for a minute or two and searched for "thanos" in the thread but didn't see anything.

Hey, so I'm in multiplayer with the Tier Two Shard of Thanos (melee) and it keeps getting massive decreased damage buffs for no apparent reason. so if I right click, damage is decreased by 48% (shown in the weapon stats), and left click is by about 28%. Right click also rarely summons the shield around me, while in Tier One, the shield would summon around one of my friends.
I'm more concerned about the damage reduction, though, because it would be a great weapon otherwise. Is this normal, or a glitch that will be addressed at some later point?
- Sorry if this has been discussed earlier, I scrolled for a minute or two and searched for "thanos" in the thread but didn't see anything.
This has been discussed a couple pages back, but the damage reduction is my fault and will be fixed next update :)

I Cant figure Out how to get the aged Root Pod Pls Help!!

The Reach :) There's a 1% chance of drop, though less in hardmode. A lot of this information is shown on the first page. Open the items tab and then just search for the item and it usually shows how to get it.

Back
Top Bottom