tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

As high of hopes I have for this mod- I assure you Thorium far outstrips it. Thorium is, in my opinion, the BEST mod out there, being extremely diverse, well balanced, and very content heavy.
At the same time, there isn't (or should be) a competition between mods. I've iterated this often, but all modmakers want to do is create mods the community enjoy, regardless of size. If atleast one person likes what we put out, I say we've done well.
I mean no disrespect when I say this, but I'm simply blown away that you're only 14 years old -- as you exhibit a level of wisdom few twice your age possess.

For that reason alone I know this mod is going to be one of the greatest out there, sooner or later. It's obviously in damn good hands.

You missed the point completely. There are a lot of people that would like to do every thing they could to help the mod and it's team, simply asking wouldn't hurt. Also you're saying you'd rather read through the over 600 pages of postings to get some information, rather than having it in a clean overview. What you're also implying is, you'd rather not have information till the mod is released, rather than slowly editing the information of the op, and like you said, what's even the point of that then?
I wasn't sure how to say this to darklordofthesith. Thank you.

Uy yuy yuy. Where to even begin
1 - it can literally take up to 5 hours to update the entire OP. I don't think you have more of a mind to judge than phoenix
2 - it WILL come out this year, and stop taking the mod progression for granted.
3 - It is more than 80% (about 90% at this point)
4 - and for the love of god, if you're going to critisize how many betatesters we have, atleast actually look at it :p we have more than 5

Seems you didn't read what I was saying. First, I don't have that much time to look up everything you've posted in those over 369 pages of content. I'm sure critisizing your mod is good for you, since I'm not hating on what you've done, nor do I hate your work, nor am I rational about it. I'm beeing realistic, and again, why are you beeing salty about me asking for the mod's progress? This is all offtopic, and I'm really not sure why you still think I said you should update the op in one go. I said do it when you get the time to do it, not all at once. Next time please read my entire post instead of scanning it quickly.

You missed the point completely. There are a lot of people that would like to do every thing they could to help the mod and it's team, simply asking wouldn't hurt. Also you're saying you'd rather read through the over 600 pages of postings to get some information, rather than having it in a clean overview. What you're also implying is, you'd rather not have information till the mod is released, rather than slowly editing the information of the op, and like you said, what's even the point of that then?
Ah, but I never said I wanted that- I meant that it is easy to read back a little on the latest page, which will likely have some kind of recent information about their progress. And yes, I would prefer if there is little information until about a few days after the release of a mod- I like to have a sense of discovery at first, although spoilers are always welcome. It is simply easier to make a post about the content instead of possibly making a new banner for the content, or editing one, instead of editing the OP. And of course, there will likely be a compilation of spoilers, which I believe Zocklukas may be working on? There's likely to be one either way.

I dont't think updating the op would take too much time, and they could even hire a dude to do it for them. Btw, I'm not beeing negative, it's MY opinion, and I'm beeing realistic. Playtesting takes time, and they only have 3 play testers, which without a doubt is a little too less if they want to push the mod out as fast as possible, and get it working bug free.

I'm sorry, but if the devs rather answer comments, they could have updated the op in that time. Please be realistic. XD
Few things:
1 - Its less the amount of playtesters and more the time needed to fix the bugs they report. 3 playtesters is also pretty standard, especially for a Terraria mod.
2 - It definitely would take a decently large amount of time to update the op, and claiming otherwise just shows that you haven't been following the mod. A lot of content has been spoiled throughout the ~370 pages and it would take a lot of time to condense all of it into an orderly post.
3 - Who would hire someone to make an op for them? Nobody would know the content of the mod better than the people working on it, meaning the op is best left up to them. Additionally that op would need to be continually updated as new content is still being added and things are still being reprited.
edit: also answering comments on the side and updating the op are two completely different levels of effort, so I'm not sure why you brought that up.

quick question b4 i get any more alerts:
by OP, you mean the first post of this thread? or is there another thread?

Seems you didn't read what I was saying. First, I don't have that much time to look up everything you've posted in those over 369 pages of content. I'm sure critisizing your mod is good for you, since I'm not hating on what you've done, nor do I hate your work, nor am I rational about it. I'm beeing realistic, and again, why are you beeing salty about me asking for the mod's progress? This is all offtopic, and I'm really not sure why you still think I said you should update the op in one go. I said do it when you get the time to do it, not all at once. Next time please read my entire post instead of scanning it quickly.
you didnt "ask" you rudely took it for granted and insulted our progress

Man, if this is your way of asking for a beta-testing position, you are in for a world of disappointment.

I've got less time than you think, I didn't even ask for it when I had the chance, and I wouldn't start beta testing if I wasn't able to finish. I'll play the mod when it comes out and I have enough time to play it. Also cussing at me won't change my point.

Personally I think we should judge this mod by not how we think (the op) and based on how phoenix actualy did it, to the best of his abilities. Everything could be better, but I wouldn't complain about it though.

I've got less time than you think, I didn't even ask for it when I had the chance, and I wouldn't start beta testing if I wasn't able to finish. I'll play the mod when it comes out and I have enough time to play it. Also cussing at me won't change my point.
I don't recall cussing besides saying I'm shutting this :red: down. All of it. Unbiased rule, if this goes on, there's gonna be problems.

you didnt "ask" you rudely took it for granted and insulted our progress

I don't recall cussing besides saying I'm shutting this :red: down. All of it. Unbiased rule, if this goes on, there's gonna be problems.

Actually I'm pretty calm, and I'm not trying to flame. I'm just unsatisfied with the op, that's all. Nor did I insult your progress, I couldn't even, since the thread isn't updated. I'm critiszising the mod to help it get better, not to make anyone feel bad or whatever. Pointing things out that aren' perfect will help you make them better, in case you don't see them, or forget about them.

At least updating the progress bar would be nice, and wouldn't take 5 hours.

nor am I rational about it.
Criticizing is only helpful if its actually constructive. And that time spent working on the op on the side could also be better spent working on the mod which is still much more important. Also don't get defensive, your post was definitely rude as it suggested that the mod developers were being lazy by not shoveling a massive amount of information into the op instead of working on the first release build.

Actually I'm pretty calm, and I'm not trying to flame. I'm just unsatisfied with the op, that's all. Nor did I insult your progress, I couldn't even, since the thread isn't updated. I'm critiszising the mod to help it get better, not to make anyone feel bad or whatever. Pointing things out that aren' perfect will help you make them better, in case you don't see them, or forget about them.
K. Cool. Point taken. Now stop talking about it. Last warning. You've argued your point, now let it rest.

And as a note, please *please* be rational and don't respond to this. Just accept that your point was made and move on.

Back
Top Bottom