tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

Hello all! I've got some interesting news for all of you. To put it short, mod development has been at a halt for a while, and there are many reasons for this. Most of the team has gone AFK, and the three of us currently doing work (@Graydee, @Jenosis, and myself) have a mixture of both personal things to deal with, as well as us just being burnt out from working on the mod on and off.

Now, what will we do to combat this? We aren't just going to leave you guys hanging. Our plan is to release all the content we have in something akin to public beta testing. Off the top of my head, I can think of a few things we haven't completed (Wither and Reaper Armor, and a few misc. weapons), but our main content (bosses, the biomes, the ore, etc.) are more or less complete, and will be released after some minor tweaks. A sizable amount of content has been completed (about 80-85%), so don't you worry :)

So, what now? We'd like a couple of weeks (2-3) to polish our existing content and fix any bugs we find to be pressing.

I understand that people will have mixed opinions toward this statement- I understand it may dampen spirits and extreme hype for the mod. Before you get annoyed or dispirited, please understand that, in the end, we're just a few people taking our free time to make this game more fun! We didn't expect for this project to reach such heights, and though I can't thank you enough for it (I mean we REALLY appreciate what you think of this mod :D). it's been quite an ordeal, and expectations certainly have been raised quite high.

With that, thank you for reading, thank you for hopefully understanding, and we'll keep you posted with more updates!
Now that's is some great news and I may as well wait for it when it does to be released so keep it up ;)

Hey I can comment again. I'll use it to confirm what Phoenix said and that after initial release, with the help of you guys's feedback, we'll balance and bugfix, but also add the missing items and whole new secret content
What a new content!Is that gonna be new gamemode like tremod from Tremor remastered mod?:passionate:
Or this just gonna be more cool content?!:happy:
[doublepost=1484109623,1484109529][/doublepost]
Hello all! I've got some interesting news for all of you. To put it short, mod development has been at a halt for a while, and there are many reasons for this. Most of the team has gone AFK, and the three of us currently doing work (@Graydee, @Jenosis, and myself) have a mixture of both personal things to deal with, as well as us just being burnt out from working on the mod on and off.

Now, what will we do to combat this? We aren't just going to leave you guys hanging. Our plan is to release all the content we have in something akin to public beta testing. Off the top of my head, I can think of a few things we haven't completed (Wither and Reaper Armor, and a few misc. weapons), but our main content (bosses, the biomes, the ore, etc.) are more or less complete, and will be released after some minor tweaks. A sizable amount of content has been completed (about 80-85%), so don't you worry :)

So, what now? We'd like a couple of weeks (2-3) to polish our existing content and fix any bugs we find to be pressing.

I understand that people will have mixed opinions toward this statement- I understand it may dampen spirits and extreme hype for the mod. Before you get annoyed or dispirited, please understand that, in the end, we're just a few people taking our free time to make this game more fun! We didn't expect for this project to reach such heights, and though I can't thank you enough for it (I mean we REALLY appreciate what you think of this mod :D). it's been quite an ordeal, and expectations certainly have been raised quite high.

With that, thank you for reading, thank you for hopefully understanding, and we'll keep you posted with more updates!
When the public beta testing gonna be? I gonna join!:D
Finaly i can try to play with this bad boy![I mean with this mod]!

Been waiting patiently for this mod along with everyone else. I think it is a great idea to release an early version of the mod. Not only do the more impatient people get what they want, but as a community we have a chance to help report any bugs/issues the mod may have. It all looks so great so far, keep at it :happy:

What a new content!Is that gonna be new gamemode like tremod from Tremor remastered mod?:passionate:
Or this just gonna be more cool content?!:happy:
[doublepost=1484109623,1484109529][/doublepost]
When the public beta testing gonna be? I gonna join!:D
Finaly i can try to play with this bad boy![I mean with this mod]!
He stated the release dat and we will all be able to join as it's PUBLIC lmfao

Ay Pheonix I had a suggestion for when you release and the coders have more time.

The Spirit Flame
Have yet to work on sprites...

When used it consumes 30 mana and sends out 10 flames to orbit the player. You can then click to shoot them and they do about 180 damage. They can be rapid fired or slowly shot like a sniper.
Hope you like it! Cheers -Dug

Just sprited the Spirit Flame
-Dug

Attachments

• SFlame.png
    SFlame.png
    268 bytes · Views: 100
I Cant Wait To Play This Awesome Mod
Its Truly AMAZING
[doublepost=1484222964,1484222592][/doublepost]I Cant Wait For This Mod To Be Released.Not Literally Cant Wait.I Can Wait

This is a great mod! I was thinking that the desert essence gear should have a different set bonus though. At that stage of the game the player would have a Cthulu Shield (in expert mode) or the MNG. Players would be going to the jungle for clorophyte and plantera. This could help in the dungeon for the MNG but when your farming you don't usually dash much :/ You might add some wind of buff like Desert Winds. A buff i came up with that increases movement speed throwing speed and throwing velocity (feel free to use it) Just something I was thinking of.
- Dug

This is a great mod! I was thinking that the desert essence gear should have a different set bonus though. At that stage of the game the player would have a Cthulu Shield (in expert mode) or the MNG. Players would be going to the jungle for clorophyte and plantera. This could help in the dungeon for the MNG but when your farming you don't usually dash much :/ You might add some wind of buff like Desert Winds. A buff i came up with that increases movement speed throwing speed and throwing velocity (feel free to use it) Just something I was thinking of.
- Dug
Not everyone uses dash items though, I personally only really use the Cthulhu Shield for defense as an early game accessory, and I never get the Master Ninja Gear because I wouldn't really dash and would prefer a different item, like the Cross Necklace/Star Veil or some offensive item, something. Really, I'm more worried that that effect is a bit weak... It's "just" a dash, nothing more.

However, because I had to look at the thread to know what you were talking about I noticed that those essences could use a resprite...

Not everyone uses dash items though, I personally only really use the Cthulhu Shield for defense as an early game accessory, and I never get the Master Ninja Gear because I wouldn't really dash and would prefer a different item, like the Cross Necklace/Star Veil or some offensive item, something. Really, I'm more worried that that effect is a bit weak... It's "just" a dash, nothing more.

However, because I had to look at the thread to know what you were talking about I noticed that those essences could use a resprite...
Well if you don't use dash you might want another kind of bonus :/ I'm also respriting some of the things in this mod.

Well, that's true, but I don't really care that it's a dash... I care more that it's "just" a dash. I'd rather the dash effect be improved(somehow), which I'd rather a unique-ish effect like dashing over a straight damage buff, even if less useful.
So I'd guess you like to just tank bosses and mobs. If I'm right you probably wouldn't even use the desert armor correct? You would be better off with clorophyte or hallowed.

Back
Top Bottom