tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing this, but the mod's up to date with the latest tModLoader version! We're pretty excited to give you new content, but we'd love if you report any bugs or changes you'd like to see! Some may be lurking after the massive port.

Here's a possible bug then. Apparently, new version will crash my world that was originally not enabled with Spirit Mod. I'm not too keen on making a new world with all the progress I've done either.

To quote on progress, I've beaten every single Mechanical Boss except Skeletron Prime. Might have to do with the Spirit Biome being enabled after one Mech Boss kill, but since it's not there, both the mod and the game goes kaput.

Attachments

• imageedit_1_5739769253.png
    imageedit_1_5739769253.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Here's a possible bug then. Apparently, new version will crash my world that was originally not enabled with Spirit Mod. I'm not too keen on making a new world with all the progress I've done either.

To quote on progress, I've beaten every single Mechanical Boss except Skeletron Prime. Might have to do with the Spirit Biome being enabled after one Mech Boss kill, but since it's not there, both the mod and the game goes kaput.
Interesting. I've experienced that bug just now with one of my worlds, so I'll look into it.

Interesting. I've experienced that bug just now with one of my worlds, so I'll look into it.

Actually, it may not even be the Spirit Mod. I disabled it but the bug still happened. Maybe Echoes of the Ancients (it was also updated but it was already for ModLoader 0.10) or some other mod. Will update this post in the official tmodloader thread.

Are the "Legendary esc weapons" in this new update? (The ones you can upgrade over time) I get to start a new world again! yaaaayyyyyy. In all honesty, I am really excited! :)

Just a random question.
Is there any summoner class support in this mod? Even new ones in the recent update?
I've played it even before the update, and the only item I've seen for supporting summon classes are a trinket that add 2 more minion slots...

I want an army of random squiggles, spheres and a dragon lizard without being limited by a trinket that only does is add 2 more minion space and no other buffs. But that's just my opinion as a summoner in terraria. Love the bosses in the mod though.

Just a random question.
Is there any summoner class support in this mod? Even new ones in the recent update?
I've played it even before the update, and the only item I've seen for supporting summon classes are a trinket that add 2 more minion slots...

I want an army of random squiggles, spheres and a dragon lizard without being limited by a trinket that only does is add 2 more minion space and no other buffs. But that's just my opinion as a summoner in terraria. Love the bosses in the mod though.
I assure you, there's far more to Summoner in this mod than that. The mod adds around 20 new Summon Weapons, and around 4 Summon Oriented Armors! There are a lot of accessories that also aid summoners.
uhhh bug. the sanguine ward and its upgrades give friendly town npcs the blood corruption debuff
Oops! Just fixed it :p
Are the "Legendary esc weapons" in this new update? (The ones you can upgrade over time) I get to start a new world again! yaaaayyyyyy. In all honesty, I am really excited! :)
Working on them right now ;)

So i just updated Spirit and when i try to reload it crashes i have included the crash log in the spoiler below

Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.FromStream(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
Restarting your game should fix the error.

I assure you, there's far more to Summoner in this mod than that. The mod adds around 20 new Summon Weapons, and around 4 Summon Oriented Armors! There are a lot of accessories that also aid summoners.

Woo! Thank you for confirming that! Honestly can't wait to see what other critters I can summon.
Hopefully I find some of those trinkets as well. The wiki isn't... Up to date, so to speak.
I'm sure it's just too much work. So I don't blame you guys.

Anyway, cheers for the update! That's all I wanted to ask for now. Thank you again.

Woo! Thank you for confirming that! Honestly can't wait to see what other critters I can summon.
Hopefully I find some of those trinkets as well. The wiki isn't... Up to date, so to speak.
I'm sure it's just too much work. So I don't blame you guys.

Anyway, cheers for the update! That's all I wanted to ask for now. Thank you again.
No problem! No one's been able to work on the wiki, so your best bet is the list of content on the original post :)

So I pretty much finished all the content the mod has to offer, so here are some of my thoughts:

- General balance of the items seems pretty good relative to the enemy content that was added. Calamity still offers far and away the best mix of loot, but that isn't Spirit Mod's problem IMO. Though for that reason, I didn't find much use out of most of the gear. One thing I wanted to say though is that there seems to be a very bad bug regarding one of the armor sets (can't for the life of me figure out which one), that increases critical strike chance by a flat amount instead of a %. When I tried to use this armor, my weapon crit chance went from 70+ to under 30, making it pretty much useless. I'm sorry I can't remember which armor it was but I think it was available very shortly after the Spirit Biome is available.

- I like the new invasion and the new biomes. The Spirit Biome especially is very elegantly integrated, which couldn't have been very easy given it requires a substantial chunk of land. I will say though that I think the Reach biome shouldn't be allowed to spawn too close to your starting point, although this is just my personal preference as I like to build my base in the dead center of the world.

- Enemy content is pretty good.

- I would have liked to see more ore based loot pre-hardmode. I just like that feeling of, after killing a boss, going spelunking again for the next set of stuff. Most of the pre-hardmode stuff looks like it's just made from enemy drops.

- This might just be because my spawn pool is diluted by 3 mods, but I found Star Pieces a little hard to find. The mobs that drop them don't seem to be too common. Calamity does add quite a few extra sky enemies so that's probably part of the problem.

- The Hero Bow appears to just be flat out inferior compared to the item used to make it.

- I especially like some of the interesting effects of the hard mode accessories. Again, Calamity offers flat out better stuff so it's hard to find a place for them, but the ideas are definitely pretty cool. Especially the ones the Lunatic sells. The Tesseract is so useful when farming to get rid of hard to reach mobs that are lowering the spawn rate.

Good mod. :)
[doublepost=1497822065,1497821680][/doublepost]One other bug I noticed. When I tried using the right click attack of the Hero's Bow, my Demonic modifier bugged out horribly. It turns into -30% damage. Using the left click attack would partially fix it (the damage modifier would disappear entirely), and then using the right click attack again caused a negative damage modifier.

So I pretty much finished all the content the mod has to offer, so here are some of my thoughts:

- General balance of the items seems pretty good relative to the enemy content that was added. Calamity still offers far and away the best mix of loot, but that isn't Spirit Mod's problem IMO. Though for that reason, I didn't find much use out of most of the gear. One thing I wanted to say though is that there seems to be a very bad bug regarding one of the armor sets (can't for the life of me figure out which one), that increases critical strike chance by a flat amount instead of a %. When I tried to use this armor, my weapon crit chance went from 70+ to under 30, making it pretty much useless. I'm sorry I can't remember which armor it was but I think it was available very shortly after the Spirit Biome is available.

- I like the new invasion and the new biomes. The Spirit Biome especially is very elegantly integrated, which couldn't have been very easy given it requires a substantial chunk of land. I will say though that I think the Reach biome shouldn't be allowed to spawn too close to your starting point, although this is just my personal preference as I like to build my base in the dead center of the world.

- Enemy content is pretty good.

- I would have liked to see more ore based loot pre-hardmode. I just like that feeling of, after killing a boss, going spelunking again for the next set of stuff. Most of the pre-hardmode stuff looks like it's just made from enemy drops.

- This might just be because my spawn pool is diluted by 3 mods, but I found Star Pieces a little hard to find. The mobs that drop them don't seem to be too common. Calamity does add quite a few extra sky enemies so that's probably part of the problem.

- The Hero Bow appears to just be flat out inferior compared to the item used to make it.

- I especially like some of the interesting effects of the hard mode accessories. Again, Calamity offers flat out better stuff so it's hard to find a place for them, but the ideas are definitely pretty cool. Especially the ones the Lunatic sells. The Tesseract is so useful when farming to get rid of hard to reach mobs that are lowering the spawn rate.

Good mod. :)
Your feedback is very much appreciated! I'd love to go over each of your points as well.

- I know which armor you're referring to. It's the Dusk Armor, and I just managed to find and fix that bug!

- Thanks!

- Thanks again!

- I totally agree. I'd love to add another Pre Hardmode ore set. I'm a huge fan of going on mining sprees with tons of ores around, like Exxo Avalon brought to the table. I'll cook up something.

- I'll try to make more mobs drop Star Pieces

- In trying to balance it's effects, I made it pretty weak. Just finished buffing it.

- Glad you enjoy them :)

Your feedback is very much appreciated! I'd love to go over each of your points as well.

- I know which armor you're referring to. It's the Dusk Armor, and I just managed to find and fix that bug!

- Thanks!

- Thanks again!

- I totally agree. I'd love to add another Pre Hardmode ore set. I'm a huge fan of going on mining sprees with tons of ores around, like Exxo Avalon brought to the table. I'll cook up something.

- I'll try to make more mobs drop Star Pieces

- In trying to balance it's effects, I made it pretty weak. Just finished buffing it.

- Glad you enjoy them :)

The Star Piece problem can be fixed very easily if you make Harpies drop them. That solves it right then and there. I don't know if it makes any sense for them to suddenly start dropping them, but adding an essential drop to a vanilla mob seems to always be a good idea if you want to try to create more sources for an item. Harpies are relatively common so I think this would be just right.

Also in your reply it seems you missed my post about the Hero's Bow modifier bug. Although I wonder if that's a TML bug instead of a Spirit Mod bug.

The Star Piece problem can be fixed very easily if you make Harpies drop them. That solves it right then and there. I don't know if it makes any sense for them to suddenly start dropping them, but adding an essential drop to a vanilla mob seems to always be a good idea if you want to try to create more sources for an item. Harpies are relatively common so I think this would be just right.

Also in your reply it seems you missed my post about the Hero's Bow modifier bug. Although I wonder if that's a TML bug instead of a Spirit Mod bug.
It's a purely visual error upon using right click. If I'm not wrong, all mods that use Right Click weapons experience this.

WOOT, You've raised my spirit(s). HAHA Get it?!...*crickets* K, nothing to see here, i'll just go play Terraria now. Thanks for the update. Im not waiting on Thorium anymore

Back
Top Bottom