tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

Adventurer spawns fine for me. You have to have atleast one gold coin in your inventory and have to have killed the EoC.

The Spirit Mod is perfectly up to date.
What if you killed the BoC? Will it spawn, or do I have to make a worm food?
I mean, it's kinda pointless now, but I still want to know :3

Rather Redundant, BUT eventually there will be an item in-game that will allow your Starweaver to change in appearance of a Gun version of itself.

Good.

Reason I ask is because guns and bows are distinct enough classes that they have separate item sets even in vanilla.

Also, this is a little more selfish I guess, but I'm also currently doing a guns playthrough and am hoping this change comes out within a few days. :p

Not sure if this is because of the Spirit Mod, but since I found it in The Reach, I'm gonna assume so; there was a locked Golden Chest in one, very close to my spawn point. I had an early golden key from a chest in the Dungeon that was above the point where Dungeon Guardians spawn, so I could open it quickly... the thing is... it was completely empty lol.

EDIT: This doesn't seem right either;

d853770d0fa03d1d9deb01e07afe9bd1.png

Namely the second totem from the right, and the chest are bugged.

Last edited:
man its been a long time since ive been here, like actually so long that spirit mod was only a month old after release, i see there is a lot more items now, anything else significant added since very early 2017?

Not sure if this is because of the Spirit Mod, but since I found it in The Reach, I'm gonna assume so; there was a locked Golden Chest in one, very close to my spawn point. I had an early golden key from a chest in the Dungeon that was above the point where Dungeon Guardians spawn, so I could open it quickly... the thing is... it was completely empty lol.

EDIT: This doesn't seem right either;

d853770d0fa03d1d9deb01e07afe9bd1.png

Namely the second totem from the right, and the chest are bugged.
The gold chest issue is a bug I have yet to fix, the Reach chest issue is one of those rare ones you're bound to encounter in world gen :p
Have you changed the weapon recipes around for the summoning artifact weapon?
Nah, it's the same.
man its been a long time since ive been here, like actually so long that spirit mod was only a month old after release, i see there is a lot more items now, anything else significant added since very early 2017?
Welcome back! Here's the low down on what's been going on.
- Around 300 new items
- The Starplate Raider Boss
- The Reach Biome
- A bunch of new enemies
- Countless new fixes
This mod is really good :D
Thanks!

The gold chest issue is a bug I have yet to fix, the Reach chest issue is one of those rare ones you're bound to encounter in world gen :p

Nah, it's the same.

Welcome back! Here's the low down on what's been going on.
- Around 300 new items
- The Starplate Raider Boss
- The Reach Biome
- A bunch of new enemies
- Countless new fixes

Thanks!
I worded it poorly. Is the recipe for the Terror Staff now for a different item? When I was playing earlier the item is now a scythe.

Typos in Death Wind tooltips:
Attacks inflict 'Death Wreathe,' reduucing enemy damage
Attacks may grant you 'Soul Reap,' greatly bossting life regeneration

Death Rot can't be reforged. Intended?

The Fiery Leggings do add 5% crit to Ranged weapons as well, but that's missing from the tooltip.

Even at 1%, keystone shards seem too common; I had 42 by the time I fished up ~20 wooden crates (needed to find a Radar). Could they be restricted to being fished up only when no Odd Keystone or Artifact is in the player's inventory?

I thought I'd do a melee and throwing run, with both Artifacts. Unfortunately, while they're both great weapons individually, they're way too similar in feel when used together. Piercing, approximately the same arc, the same abrupt end on hitting a block. I feel one of them should bounce, or shatter, or something, at some tier. Maybe even lose the piercing.

Of course, I doubt most people will try to do a dual-class run in the first place, so this may never bother anyone else at all. Just thought I'd mention it. I gave up the melee Artifact and switched to ranged/thrown, which feels less duplicative, oddly; I'd picked melee/thrown at the beginning because I thought ranged would feel too similar to my magic run, which I recently completed. But since everything shoots a projectile...

Giving up the Shard of Thanos also helped in another way - again, maybe it's just me, but the sounds are really harsh, especially the grating of the right-click Crystal Storm. Solus seemed loud to me at first, but I got used to that fairly quickly; I didn't get used to Thanos even though I was using it from immediately after EoC until the Tide.

Dunno, maybe I'm just spoiled. I really enjoyed the magic run. There are so many different weapons with vastly different effects, I don't get the same feeling from the other classes anymore.

Oh well, I'm still in preHM, T2 artifacts. Maybe it'll feel different at T3.

I did octuple their spawn rates(the snails) by accident last update, it's been remedied.
I wasn't actually commenting on the Gargantuan Snail spawn rate, just that I love to hate them `:happy: They're annoying, but in a fun way, and it's satisfying to kill them. It would be even more satisfying with a death count!

But since you mentioned it, I thought I'd take notes. I'm almost ready to move on to HM, so I wanted to pick up a Bezoar. Set up a little ledge to fight from, put down a water candle, and killed stuff for a bit. By the time I found my Bezoar, I had 72 Stingers, and 492 (!) Hardened Carapaces.
Now, granted Carapaces drop 2 at a time mostly, so that's actually something like 240 Snails killed, minus the occasional Terrovore - I only saw 3 of those, and none of the other things that drop Carapaces. 72 Stingers, minus about 8 Spiked Jungle Slimes, is 64 Hornets.
That goes along with what I was seeing on screen - I rarely saw more than one Hornet at a time, but there were always 2-5 Snails jumping around.
Hornets are the most common Jungle monster in vanilla, IIRC. (Been a while since I played vanilla.) If a 3.75:1 ratio of Snails to Hornets is what you want, all right, but personally I'd prefer even fewer Snails and more Hornets. (That ratio might be underselling it a bit, actually, because I was next to the Temple, and often the Death Rot seekers killed Snails in there, and I couldn't pick up their drops. I never noticed any Hornets spawning in there.)
Of course this is Spirit+Thorium, so my numbers might be skewed by that, I don't know.

Sell prices for Carapace-crafted gear are weird. 1 Hardened Carapace is 20 copper. 1 Cleft Horn (5 Carapaces) is 10 silver, 10 times the sell price of its components. The Clatter Bow (10 Carapaces) has no value. But 50 Clatter Spears (2 Carapaces) sell for 2 gold 50 silver. I have over 1000 Carapaces just from casual play and a single 30-minute farming session; that's 12 platinum and change, preHM. Most of my characters barely have 1 platinum when they enter HM; I don't remember ever being able to reforge the Leaf Wings immediately; I always have to go out and do a bit of farming first.

Last edited:
Hey Yuyutsu,

Thanks for this great mod!
I just noticed that my new thrower char totally wrecked the EoC once I chucked a Toxin Potion.

It more than quadrupled my base throwing dmg. I guess geht's a bug :)

About artifacts
Thanks for the feedback! i'll be sure to make Thanos lose some piercing in favor of making it bounce a couple times. Regarding your comment about magic weapons and their vastly varied effects when it comes to magic weapons, I agree. If you look at the mod, magic weapons are the most prominent, by around 30 items. This is because it's fun to come up with new ideas for magic weapons, as there are far more possibilities there. I'm trying to get more suggestions for uniqueness in any other class, and for more items for other classes(barring thrower, who's getting there), so I'd love to hear any suggestions you have. And I really want to gate Keystone Fragments more. I've had the most annoying time trying to make them only show up when not having duplicates, like Quest Fish, but it's proved difficult. I'll be making them only fishable in the Cavern layer and below next update, while also lowering the drop chance but gradually increasing it as you kill more bosses, so you don't only stock up on artifacts.
About the dreaded Gargantuan Snail
Kill counts will only come with banners, so I'll need to get those going first(and I've been lazy about that as well, but if I managed to do trophies, I could do those). And their spawnrate is genuinely high, even during the Tide that I had mistakenly activated while in the jungle, snails spawned as frequently as tide enemies. They certainly outnumber hornets in the most recent version, but I've managed to fix that for the next one. As for the sell prices, many early items have arbitrary sale prices, and if you were to report some more, I'd fix them immediately. Throwing weapons are also something I usually mess up when it comes to sale prices, but I significantly brought it down for the Clatter Spears.
Hey Yuyutsu,

Thanks for this great mod!
I just noticed that my new thrower char totally wrecked the EoC once I chucked a Toxin Potion.

It more than quadrupled my base throwing dmg. I guess geht's a bug :)
Thanks! I managed to find and fix the bug, where I multiplied thrower damage by 400% instead of increasing thrower crit chance by 4% :p

Back
Top Bottom