tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

The Shadow Gauntlet does increase melee damage and speed (tested by checking weapon damage and yoyo reach) but that's not reflected in the tooltip. A bit disappointing that those stats seem to fall off even from the Fire Gauntlet, so keeping the Mechanical Glove is the best option until after the final boss and the Gauntlet of the Moon.

Typo in Twilight Dawn tooltip: "Dusk emmbers inflict Shadowflame"
Hitting something with Twilight Dawn seems to make you invulnerable to it, for some reason. I waited until after its effects expired as well, then made contact with the enemy again. Like, not reduced damage, no damage. I walked through two Shadow Pups several times. They kept jumping at me and nothing happened; it was kind of cute, actually. (Shadow Pup pet!)
It even seems to work against bosses, though my testing there is a little iffier given how many other damage sources are going on in a boss fight, plus phase changes and so on. Still, Dusking at least seemed to pass through me without inflicting contact damage.
Also, Twilight Dawn does melee damage, but triggers Spectre Armor homing orbs and healing.

Typo in Solar Emblem tooltip: "Increases melee critical chance by 5" (missing % sign)

Last edited:
The Shadow Gauntlet does increase melee damage and speed (tested by checking weapon damage and yoyo reach) but that's not reflected in the tooltip. A bit disappointing that those stats seem to fall off even from the Fire Gauntlet, so keeping the Mechanical Glove is the best option until after the final boss and the Gauntlet of the Moon.

Typo in Twilight Dawn tooltip: "Dusk emmbers inflict Shadowflame"
Hitting something with Twilight Dawn seems to make you invulnerable to it, for some reason. I waited until after its effects expired as well, then made contact with the enemy again. Like, not reduced damage, no damage. I walked through two Shadow Pups several times. They kept jumping at me and nothing happened; it was kind of cute, actually. (Shadow Pup pet!)
It even seems to work against bosses, though my testing there is a little iffier given how many other damage sources are going on in a boss fight, plus phase changes and so on. Still, Dusking at least seemed to pass through me without inflicting contact damage.
Also, Twilight Dawn does melee damage, but triggers Spectre Armor homing orbs and healing.

Typo in Solar Emblem tooltip: "Increases melee critical chance by 5" (missing % sign)
Yeah, a big bug I found was that debuffs that reduce enemy damage permanently bring them down to 0. I've removed this feature from every debuff next update, and gave those debuffs different effects.

Attachments

• Capture 2017-07-22 12_32_21.png
    Capture 2017-07-22 12_32_21.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 143
They do seem a bit rare up there from what I can see. That said, while the boss summon item can drop from them, you can also craft it from talons dropped from normal Harpies if you need to.

Why does the Holy Burst shoot slower than the Clockwork Assault Rifle? I thought it was supposed to be an upgrade...?
It registers as slower due to the way we made it shoot consecutively, but actually has a 10 shooting speed, in comparison to the Clockwork Rifle's 11.

EDIT: Will make it autofire though

Where is the Venom Blade obtained for Gaea's Wrath? It's not shown on the list of contents, so I have no clue where to even begin on farming for that.

Here's how the Spirit biome generated in my current playthrough. As you can see, the surface level has spotty conversion even accounting for the snow; much of the crimstone fails to convert, and the ice in the Underground Snow biome didn't convert at all; the Spider Nests within Underground Snow remained intact. I sprayed some Spirit Solution around the crimson heart chamber, but it wasn't deep enough, so to find Underground Spirit mobs, I had to dig up from the Underworld. The lower Cavern area, below Underground Snow, converted properly.

Attachments

• Terraria - Spirit biome.JPG
    Terraria - Spirit biome.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 155
Here's how the Spirit biome generated in my current playthrough. As you can see, the surface level has spotty conversion even accounting for the snow; much of the crimstone fails to convert, and the ice in the Underground Snow biome didn't convert at all; the Spider Nests within Underground Snow remained intact. I sprayed some Spirit Solution around the crimson heart chamber, but it wasn't deep enough, so to find Underground Spirit mobs, I had to dig up from the Underworld. The lower Cavern area, below Underground Snow, converted properly.
Thanks for pointing this out! Turns out, the method to generate the biome forgot about Ice. Fixed it! Thanks :)
Why does the spirit door require a depth meter? Also spirit wood platforms would be nice :happy:
That's been fixed for the next update! I'll try to see if I can wrangle up spirit platforms.

Back
Top Bottom