tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

Is the guy who stole scarabus the one who also stole the lunar strider from the lunar attack that featured the enemies who where dressed with the celestial armors?

A year ago, your mod spoiled a sprite for an upcoming boss that was clearly ripped off from @Jestex (the top post on this page is the sprite). Jestex brought it to the Super Terraria World team, as it was a sprite intended for our mod, and he asked us how he should proceed. After our talk, he messaged creators in the Spirit mod, explaining the issue, and requesting the sprite be taken down. Spirit mod issued an apology, and the sprite was removed.

Now, since Jestex has passed away, I suppose the Spirit mod developers have decided it would be perfectly okay for them to disregard Jestex's wishes, and proceed to use the sprite. While I cannot personally do anything about it, since I'm not the artist, I want to say that I find this practice to be extremely disrespectful. As a personal friend of Jestex, I find this infuriating and sickening. The developers of Spirit mod should be ashamed of their behavior.

Hello friends, it seems that some recent controversy has been stirred up due to the use of the Scarabeus sprite, which is quite similar to a sprite created by Jestex. Originally, it was a stolen, plagiarized sprite by a former developer. Jestex was kind enough to talk to me about it and ask me to remove the sprite from the mod. I promptly asked for a resprite and showed it to him to get his approval. Please understand that we've never reverted back to the old sprite; plagiarism is disgusting, especially in these circumstances. If you don't believe me, here's his approval of the resprite(which we further changed to look more different). Thank you for listening, and I'd like to apologize for the entire situation. Yet again, we've never willingly stolen sprites, especially not from Jestex, who's been a huge inspiration to many in the community. Thank you.
View attachment 186126

Jestex had only brought the first half of the conversation to our attention, which clearly indicated his desire not to use the sprite, so when I made my post, I was unaware that he had given permission in the end. From my perspective, I was once again seeing that intellectual theft. I am glad to hear that the artist that originally tried to take the sprite is no longer on the team, and since Jestex did give permission after all, I retract my complaint. Thank you very much for clearing this up for me.
I'm glad that things have been cleared up, listening to this story about a defunt spriter was saddening, but life goes on, and I am happy to hear that you have made peace. I'm sure Jestex is too :)

Hello friends, it seems that some recent controversy has been stirred up due to the use of the Scarabeus sprite, which is quite similar to a sprite created by Jestex. Originally, it was a stolen, plagiarized sprite by a former developer. Jestex was kind enough to talk to me about it and ask me to remove the sprite from the mod. I promptly asked for a resprite and showed it to him to get his approval. Please understand that we've never reverted back to the old sprite; plagiarism is disgusting, especially in these circumstances. If you don't believe me, here's his approval of the resprite(which we further changed to look more different). Thank you for listening, and I'd like to apologize for the entire situation. Yet again, we've never willingly stolen sprites, especially not from Jestex, who's been a huge inspiration to many in the community. Thank you.
View attachment 186126
Will this music ever be used in the Spirit Mod?
https://soundcloud.com/skyre_v/sets/the-spirit-mod

That's not a very nice way of putting that. It's still fairly early in the US (which I assume is where Yuyutsu lives), and delays can happen.
That Sentence sounds rude xd, just let the people update in calm its better this way trust me
Sorry, I don't try to be rude, I am just a big fan of this great mod.:)
I just can't wait for update!:happy:

Will this music ever be used in the Spirit Mod?
https://soundcloud.com/skyre_v/sets/the-spirit-mod

1) Spamming your question here probably won't help you much and could be annoying to some people. Ask them when there are no more important issues to be taken care of instead and I promise you that more people will notice them then.

2) To answer your question, that is up to the Spirit Mod creators to decide, the music isn't bad in my opinion and gives me Terraria-vibes at some points. There could be a chance.

Back
Top Bottom