tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

Uhhhh, quick question - how do i get the blue moon event?

also is this the forum to ask such
It can occur, after you enter Hardmode in your world. Do not remember any criterias other than that.

Why is this mod not in the "Mod Browser" of the game on October 14th, 2018 .. ?
Is it not compatible with v1.3.5.2 of Terraria ??
Playing the mod with the latest version of tmod loader, and did not get any issue with it. Works like a charm

Is it under a different name ?
Because when I type the word ( Spirit ) in the browser, the only 2 mods that show up is Spiritual Reckoning v1.0 and The Pure Spirit Mod v0.1.1
picture attached shows what I am talking about.

Attachments

• Spirit mod not showing up.jpg
    Spirit mod not showing up.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 466
Well since Joost displays u and i am intrested in the Joost Mod, your going in my supports.
[doublepost=1541283482,1541283371][/doublepost]Also how much does your mod lag the game? Also here is my FPS stuff

I get 30 FPS with graphics on high and backgrounds, and 60 FPS when either of those are turned off/turned to retro. When both are turned off/turned to retro, it just stays at 60 FPS

no, thorium is still being worked on. it's probably just not the top priority for the developer since they have, y'know, lives, and the mod stands very well already.
it's probably the same with spirit, actually

Diverman said himself that the Mod was "Coming to a close"

In that post he specifically state it's just him leaving the team and that everyone else on the team is going to tie up all the loose ends the mod has before the mod is "finished".

and when its done thats the end, finished completed and after that ...dead.. no more updates besides a few minor fixes

Thorium isn't dead, it's complete. There's nothing more to add.... except for post moon lord content if he wanted to do something similar to calamity but without the dark souls difficulty thing.

Spirit mod is, however, dead. A few bugs remain unfinished, a number of ores are completely useless, and needs a bit of balancing.

Calamitymod is nearing death too, which I suspect will coincide with the massive upcoming update.

like other's have said.

Thorium is more or less finished in terms of content, progression and everything else. the rest will just be bugfixing and regular updating but nothing more. that doesnt mean the mod is death.

same is coming for Calamity, albeit it will take a while for the devs to come up with how they want to close the story of the mod (like well, since it follows some kind of narrative on each boss). but yeah it wont probably be "dead" after that.

Spirit as it currently stands is dead though, and i seem to recall the development team had stated that they want to rebuild the mod all over again to make its content more consistent. thus there's no more updates on this iteration of Spirit, we will have to wait until their new vision is up. unless they have renounced to that idea, then it will probably considered dead (no updates at all, not even for bugfixing).

I heard something about Spirit Mod having a redo. It's been a fun ride with this mod. I mean, it's still here to play it like it is now. I remember the infamous no sword knockback bug. Shame about the balancing, because I found that all over the place. Some weapons were really powerful, others too weak compared to other weapons around the same tier. Zeus' Lightning was pretty powerful for when you got it. I found the hardmode tier staves pretty weak. From a friend who used them, the Terravolver was weaker than the True Shadow Shot. I do like the glyph system since it was like slotted gear, something I'm having trouble thinking if other mods did.

I heard something about Spirit Mod having a redo. It's been a fun ride with this mod. I mean, it's still here to play it like it is now. I remember the infamous no sword knockback bug. Shame about the balancing, because I found that all over the place. Some weapons were really powerful, others too weak compared to other weapons around the same tier. Zeus' Lightning was pretty powerful for when you got it. I found the hardmode tier staves pretty weak. From a friend who used them, the Terravolver was weaker than the True Shadow Shot. I do like the glyph system since it was like slotted gear, something I'm having trouble thinking if other mods did.
the Glyphs and the Artifact system are pretty much the biggest feature of Spirit. the rest of the content tried to do its unique turn in some recurrent aspects or added some other unique stuff like new biomes or event but they more or less count as filler rather than usefull equipment for the adventure.
this is mostly due to playing with other mods rather than Spirit alone, but yeah, this is modded Terraria, if you're not using at least 4-5 mods at once you're not really getting much content. there's some cool Spirit stuff in some cases but most of the time the power and special effect of these weapons/armor dont really shine compared to the other mods.
i hope the new iteration of Spirit will still keep true for those 2 features but also have a more thematic cohesion in terms of the content. i dont really mind having the Starbound or other gaming/pop culture reference here and there but it should follow the whole "Spirit Essence" and stuff like that that goes towards the end of hardmode. even if it doesnt have a narrative the mod should get everything organized on its own setting.

basically:

-things that Spirit did well on its current form: the artifact system (Solus FTW) and glyph system, its bosses and events (i loved the Blue Moon), biomes for the most part are good (not so sure on the Glade minibiome tho).

-things that Spirit didnt do well and should be looked in its redo: equipment stats and effects including some of the artifacts, more cohesion on the thematic of everything regarding the spirits, revamp its NPCs, more focus on single classes rather than hybrids

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom