tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

@Larkas I’m happy to paste what I said in the Discord here.

Hello, all. It's been a while since I've talked to you guys. I'd love to be frank, so just know that the mod is, in fact, not being worked on. Not in the slightest. Why that is the case has been discussed earlier. However, I don't want to dwell on the mistakes that have burdened this mod's progress. We've all moved on, and while some of us are not happy with how things turned out, we're here now.

That being said, I know there are many of you that still care deeply about this mod. For that, I'm truly grateful. I personally look upon this mod as a failure (on my part, the rest of the team have put in a lot of hard work over the years), and the fact that it still sticks with some is beyond wonderful.

For you guys still interested in the mod, know that its source is entirely open. With permission from me or one of the other developers, feel free to adapt code from it. I'd personally be very happy if the mod experiences some kind of community based revamp or remaster, I'd be overjoyed. You guys are the reason I worked on this mod for two years, and I'm sure you guys can really tap the potential this mod has in order to make something truly great. I'd personally be happy to help anyone with this endeavor (with sprites or code), but I ask that you don't pester other developers of the mod unless they're okay with it.

Hope you all are having a great day, here's the source:

ThatDamnPineapple/Skyware-stock-trading-AI

Sorry for not leaving a concise message for a long time, hope this helps.

I'm sorry to anyone I've let down, but this mod is only dead once you guys see no more potential in it. You folks have always been the driving force behind this mod, and I hope that you can learn from it and keep it going. Thank you guys. Seriously.

Hello, all. It's been a while since I've talked to you guys. I'd love to be frank, so just know that the mod is, in fact, not being worked on. Not in the slightest. Why that is the case has been discussed earlier. However, I don't want to dwell on the mistakes that have burdened this mod's progress. We've all moved on, and while some of us are not happy with how things turned out, we're here now.

That being said, I know there are many of you that still care deeply about this mod. For that, I'm truly grateful. I personally look upon this mod as a failure (on my part, the rest of the team have put in a lot of hard work over the years), and the fact that it still sticks with some is beyond wonderful.

For you guys still interested in the mod, know that its source is entirely open. With permission from me or one of the other developers, feel free to adapt code from it. I'd personally be very happy if the mod experiences some kind of community based revamp or remaster, I'd be overjoyed. You guys are the reason I worked on this mod for two years, and I'm sure you guys can really tap the potential this mod has in order to make something truly great. I'd personally be happy to help anyone with this endeavor (with sprites or code), but I ask that you don't pester other developers of the mod unless they're okay with it.

I'm sorry to anyone I've let down, but this mod is only dead once you guys see no more potential in it. You folks have always been the driving force behind this mod, and I hope that you can learn from it and keep it going. Thank you guys. Seriously.
I'm glad to have some closure on the mod. Still a shame it's done, at least in an official capacity, but I can understand that the work needed to rework it to a state you'd be happy with is too much.

I'm glad to hear it's open source, however, and I wish I had the knowledge required to help keep it up to date, fixed, and compatible with each update.

But also, why has the name of the github page suddenly changed to "Skyware Stock Trading AI"? It definitely wasn't like that when I checked the other day.

I completely agree with Yvori. Don't be so harsh to yourself, Yuyutsu, Spirit Mod might have not been perfect, but I still love it and I'm still playing it regulary.
While I agree that there might have been bugs, it love its ideas - the Glyphs, the Starbound and TES references, the Biomes, the Music, the Enemies, the general
feeling and style of the mod - it just had so much, how do I say it? Soul. I guess thats the word. I really hope someone with coding skills can keep it alive, it would
really hurt to see this mod vanish when the new modloader arrives.Anyways, it has been a great time, and I really enjoyed it. :)

You've done good @Yuyutsu and everyone is still happy with how your mod came out.
Atleast this mod still has a future of sorts.
This mod went out with a proud bang, the only thing I'd hope it continues to receive is functionality on later TMODLoader versions
Someone will pick this up I'm sure.

Thank you very much, @Yuyutsu. I agree with the people above, it is a great mod, even with its quirks. One of the best, really. I'm with @Yvori here, I wish I had the abilities to keep the project going, or at least the perseverance to contribute ideas to it. Still, I envision a future for it if someone takes up the torch and go full "open source development cycle" on it, that is, with unifying vision and releases for the project but with the possibility of anyone proposing code to it.

Heck, even ideas, I was daydreaming yesterday about how the Reach could be nature reacting against Corruption/Crimson, with some development (certainly a boss) allowing the strange flora to overtake corrupt/crimson grass (albeit VERY slowly) while leaving purity grass alone. Another development could see the Reach pitted up against the Hallow, also allowing strange flora to slowly overtake its grass. Think Neutrality/Unaligned against both Chaos/Evil and Law/Good. Of course, this would require to transform the strange flora into a "regular" kind of grass that grows on dirt. I could even envision a new class, a la Thorium, that draws power from the elements: the Shaman. The Spirit biome wouldn't be aligned to either the Reach, the Hallow, or Corruption/Crimson, but rather be its own thing, an overload of spiritual energy released on the world due to the Wall of Flesh being defeated -- which would certainly tie up to the Shaman. ... I really wish I had what it takes to take on a project like this. :/

could you please make the yo-yo overload mod a single mod again? i wanted to do a yo-yo playthrough but without the spirit mod stuff

Well, now that I know this mod is dead and graved and left for OpenSource. at least I know what happened.
As I had serious problems with this mod, as it was spawning Hard-mode mobs in very early stages of the game.
Here is the forum post about it --->> PC - When one problem gets fixed, another rises. (read for details) Hehehe :)

Too bad I dont know C# as I only know Javascript and Python. otherwise I would have given this a try for personal use even though
the owner stated in his/her message that its open source. :)
It was a nice mod by what I read and gathered and seriously wanted to give it a good try.
but the only problem I had was that mobs/enemies that was suppose to spawn in PHM or HM was spawning when the world was first created. which wreaked havoc in the world.
That was the only problem I had so far.

Last edited:

Your mod is not just a mod, It's freakin DLC for Terraria! Best balanced mod ever such as Thorium mod! I was having great experience with both mods enabled! Thank you @Yuyutsu for this masterpiece!

This mod need to be remastered when Tmodloader for Terraria 1.4 will out. And it should be great as his big brother!
Please, if someone will do remake, don't make it like Tremor Remastered...

The mod is incredible and I love everything about it! Recently, I have been having problems trying to get it to load in Tmod-loader. It keeps saying it out of date with the current T mod loader, could you help me????? Keep up the great work!!! :D

The mod is incredible and I love everything about it! Recently, I have been having problems trying to get it to load in Tmod-loader. It keeps saying it out of date with the current T mod loader, could you help me????? Keep up the great work!!! :D
The Spirit Mod hasn't had an update in about a year, far as I can tell. I guess they made the mod open-source and abandoned it.

For everyone who still loves Spirit Mod like me, there's a fix for the new ModLoader available on the Discord that even works with 64-bit. You can get it
from the general topic in the spirit mod discord or from the fixed mods section in the 64-bit modloader discord. I heard that this fix has been approved
by Yuyutsu, so I hope its okay for me to share this information here. Thank you MadeOfPixel for porting it over, now we can enjoy this great mod a little
bit longer. :)

Back
Top Bottom