tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

If you haven't been paying attention to our Discord, check out this slew of microstructures you can expect in your next Spirit playthrough!
ice_screenshot_20190815-185500.png
ice_screenshot_20190815-185536.png
ice_screenshot_20190815-185552.png
ice_screenshot_20190815-185638.png
ice_screenshot_20190815-185726.png
ice_screenshot_20190815-185829.png

hello. so after i updated to latest version of tmod, i keep getting this when i reload spirit mod
NOTE: i tried using the mod from the in game browser, then i tried to use the version from this thread. both didn't work.
upload_2019-8-21_8-20-9.png

hello. so after i updated to latest version of tmod, i keep getting this when i reload spirit mod
NOTE: i tried using the mod from the in game browser, then i tried to use the version from this thread. both didn't work.
View attachment 225615
There’s an updated version of Spirit out on our Discord or a couple pages earlier. The updated version work on .11 tml, but is not on the mod browser.

After what feels like years (ha, literally), I've got an update for you all! Before I begin, This is not the Remaster of the mod.

Rather, this update (out now on the Mod Browser officially makes Spirit playable for tML v.11 (.11.4, to be exact)

Update 1.3.5.4

- Mod is now playable with the latest version of tModloader
- Fixed the mod not playing any music
- Replaced Spirit Overworld and Underground music with tracks by @Synthia (consider it an in-game spoiler, if you will ;) )

If the mod browser is not fully updated yet, download the mod here! http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/DirectModDownloadListing.php (Simply ctrl+f 'Spirit Mod' to look for it)

Now, back to working on that revamp! Enjoy the mod We're one step closer to where we want to be. It feels good to have a new version up for you guys after a couple of years.

Slight incompatibility between this mod and Calamity: The Spirit biome is not capable of overwriting the Astral Infection biome, but is smaller than that biome. In my world the Spirit biome formed exactly in the middle of the Astral Infection, resulting in my having no surface Spirit at all and very little underground Spirit...

Slight incompatibility between this mod and Calamity: The Spirit biome is not capable of overwriting the Astral Infection biome, but is smaller than that biome. In my world the Spirit biome formed exactly in the middle of the Astral Infection, resulting in my having no surface Spirit at all and very little underground Spirit...
Calamity is generally incompatible with other content mods, anyways. It does its own thing, with its own power structure, where Spirit and similar mods are largely designed around vanilla.

In other news: I am starting to suspect that the Shard of Thanos might be slightly overpowered in combination with the Sanguine Glyph... XD

I just beat Plantera on Expert+Revengeance with the Shard of Thanos 3. My strategy was "stand still and hold right click". His damage couldn't keep up with my life gain...

In other news: I am starting to suspect that the Shard of Thanos might be slightly overpowered in combination with the Sanguine Glyph... XD

I just beat Plantera on Expert+Revengeance with the Shard of Thanos 3. My strategy was "stand still and hold right click". His damage couldn't keep up with my life gain...
Artifacts will be removed in the following update, and instead relegated to endgame weapons, like Terror Bark, for this very reason.

That’s a great question, and I’ll definitely respond to it when I gather all my thoughts. However, this isn’t a full overhaul. I’m redoing the parts of the mod I’ve found weak by tweaking AI, effects, visuals, and code :)
It doesn't need to be a full overhaul! I think I had just heard rumors of a full overhaul and assumed things.
Really, the mod doesn't need an overhaul, and just tweaking some of the weaker spots would make it 200% better!
(Honestly, I still adore the mod even with the few flaws the old version had)

Oh uh and speaking of flaws- The one that made me quit my very first Spirit world ages ago... I don't recall if I ever mentioned it?
But when the Spirit overtakes the underground Tundra, EVERY BLOCK emits light and it kinda became lag-central.
I get (and like) the Spirit's luminescence but I do kinda hope it gets toned down a bit in the remaster, since even though I have a MUCH better computer now, too much light makes Terraria look weird. (Like really turn on any fullbright mod and go underground and your eyes will ache in seconds as the screen is filled with stone and dirt)

Artifacts will be removed in the following update, and instead relegated to endgame weapons, like Terror Bark, for this very reason.
That's a bit of a shame - I've been enjoying the progression of playing with a single upgrade-able weapon. Honestly, having played with several, most of the artifacts aren't overpowered; by the time you get to the point of needing to upgrade them, there are often better weapons available.

It's just the Shard of Thanos; it's right click ability insanely out-damages basically anything else and the huge number of hits it delivers triggers things like the Sanguine Glyph multiple times per second. It's also a bit awkward - the way the orbitals form, they hit things to your right much more effectively than things to your left.

Maybe do something similar to the summoner or ranged artifacts, where its an ability on a cooldown? If right click gave you a spinning field of orbitals that lasted a few seconds but could only be triggered on a cooldown it would still be an excellent weapon while fixing the exploits. That's kinda how I thought the weapon would work when I read the description - I expected the right click to be an emergency short range shield, not the primary function of the weapon (I can't remember the last time I used its left click attack).

Back
Top Bottom