tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

Oh dang, getting a big update. I was just about to post that the Reach basically just generates a big square of leaf wall for its background but I see y'all have already addressed that!
My only other feedback is my comment earlier on this page, but beyond that, haven't had a chance to play much recently. May just wait for the update, really, since I'm interested in some of those new ambient objects and the new Reach generation (apparently now called the Briar).

So ive been farming Infernon for the past two hours now and every single time i go to fight him, i kill him and he just goes "poof" and vanishes, ive killed every boss before him and every boss after him up to Skeletron Prime so i dont understand what the issue is. Wiki says i just need to fight him after WOF and infernus skull spawns, kill him and treasure bag drops. seriously what is wrong

So ive been farming Infernon for the past two hours now and every single time i go to fight him, i kill him and he just goes "poof" and vanishes, ive killed every boss before him and every boss after him up to Skeletron Prime so i dont understand what the issue is. Wiki says i just need to fight him after WOF and infernus skull spawns, kill him and treasure bag drops. seriously what is wrong
You using any other mods? Might be a mod conflict.

You using any other mods? Might be a mod conflict.
Yeah i use about 50 mods in my game at any one time, majority little QOL things but got Thorium with like 2 other big content mods but ive never had this issue before, is there any prerequisites to being able to access the second stage of the fight or no? or am i killing him too quickly and its bugging out?

Yeah i use about 50 mods in my game at any one time, majority little QOL things but got Thorium with like 2 other big content mods but ive never had this issue before, is there any prerequisites to being able to access the second stage of the fight or no? or am i killing him too quickly and its bugging out?
Hmm, I'm not sure. What are these other 2 big content mods? Those tend to conflict the most.

Loving what I'm seeing. Scarabeus's new music is INCREDIBLE. This one (along with some of Just_josh's other works) remind me a lot of the artist Squarepusher (specifically his earlier tracks like "Squarepusher Theme" once it kicks in) with Terraria's style perfectly mixed in.

The new sprite improvements and other additions are all looking top-notch as well. So happy to see this brilliant mod still being worked on and improved upon in such good hands. :)

Last edited:
Oh, I like how the new music sounds! I don't suppose there is an ETA for the new update? It's looking (and sounding!) amazing so far!

I should join the discord channel at some point...

Hey all! In an effort to be more transparent with you all, I’d like to answer any questions you may have about the mod, the update, and any other concerns you may have. Feel free to ask me anything!

Hey all! In an effort to be more transparent with you all, I’d like to answer any questions you may have about the mod, the update, and any other concerns you may have. Feel free to ask me anything!
Oh why thank you! Always much appreciated. Also, I joined the discord!

-----------------------------------------

So I heard the Worldbits and Crittercraze mods were being merged with Spirit, is this true?

What quarter of this year do you think the update might come out? For reference, I think we are 11 days into 2nd Quarter (e.g. it started April 1st and will run to June 30).

Is anything that players might currently have on their person or in the world being removed from the mod? Thorium pulled this once and I ended up with teal "T"s in my inventory and purple boxes in my village...

Can we spread the Reach/whatever-its-called-now in the update?

Have the Glades (underground grass balls) been looked at? They are a bit jarring when you find them in the ice biome and look slightly awkward in the underground jungle. They also have a somewhat strange appearance, but that's not that big of a deal.

Do the artifact weapons work well against the moon lord?

That's all the question I have so far.
I'll probably think of more once I actually play the mod more, but, well, university stuff.

Thanks for all the work you do, I will say that I'm loving the mod so far! <3

Oh why thank you! Always much appreciated. Also, I joined the discord!

So I heard the Worldbits and Crittercraze mods were being merged with Spirit, is this true?

What quarter of this year do you think the update might come out? For reference, I think we are 11 days into 2nd Quarter (e.g. it started April 1st and will run to June 30).

Is anything that players might currently have on their person or in the world being removed from the mod? Thorium pulled this once and I ended up with teal "T"s in my inventory and purple boxes in my village...

Can we spread the Reach/whatever-its-called-now in the update?

Have the Glades (underground grass balls) been looked at? They are a bit jarring when you find them in the ice biome and look slightly awkward in the underground jungle. They also have a somewhat strange appearance, but that's not that big of a deal.

Do the artifact weapons work well against the moon lord?

That's all the question I have so far.
I'll probably think of more once I actually play the mod more, but, well, university stuff.

Thanks for all the work you do, I will say that I'm loving the mod so far! <3
1. Kind of. I've taken what I consider to be the most interesting parts of both mods and added them to Spirit.

2. No promises :p

3. Many pre-hardmode items and accessories have been set to be removed. Nothing game-breaking though. Artifacts are no longer obtainable, but if you have them in your inventory, you can still use them.

4. No, but it is a lot bigger now, and so you can create your own mini Briar with blocks from the real one.

5. They've been removed, and most of their content implemented into the Briar.

6. I'm not sure. Hopefully someone who's used them can let you know!

Thanks for the questions :)

3. Many pre-hardmode items and accessories have been set to be removed. Nothing game-breaking though. Artifacts are no longer obtainable, but if you have them in your inventory, you can still use them.

Wait, so we no longer spawn with the odd keystone and make the artifact weapons? Or are you talking about other artifacts? The idea of a weapon you keep with you (at least spiritually, if you will) was kinda one of the draws of the mod (Along with the accessory that empowers the specific artifact you have). Are they going to be reworked and eventually re-implemented in a different way?

4. No, but it is a lot bigger now, and so you can create your own mini Briar with blocks from the real one.

Oh sweet! So the briar grass blocks drop briar grass blocks (kinda like Thorium's Astroturf blocks)? and then I can bring them somewhere else and grow elderbark trees and such?

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions! It's much appreciated!

Wait, so we no longer spawn with the odd keystone and make the artifact weapons? Or are you talking about other artifacts? The idea of a weapon you keep with you (at least spiritually, if you will) was kinda one of the draws of the mod (Along with the accessory that empowers the specific artifact you have). Are they going to be reworked and eventually re-implemented in a different way?

Oh sweet! So the briar grass blocks drop briar grass blocks (kinda like Thorium's Astroturf blocks)? and then I can bring them somewhere else and grow elderbark trees and such?

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions! It's much appreciated!
1. Yes, you're right. While I grant that Artifacts were a big part of the mod, I was very unhappy with them as a creator. Artifact weapons and accessories will not be available in the next update.

2. Yup!

I did, it doesnt work!

This is an error log:

An error occurred while loading SpiritMod
It has been detected that this mod was built for tModLoader v0.10.1.4
However, you are using tModLoader v0.11.6.2
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.Exception: TileObjectData Height and CoordinateHeights are incorrect. Height must equal the number of values in CoordinateHeights: [16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16] is not 9 elements long.
at Terraria.ObjectData.TileObjectData.Calculate()
at Terraria.ObjectData.TileObjectData.addTile(Int32 tileType)
at SpiritMod.Tiles.Furniture.Reach.TreemanStatue.SetDefaults() in SpiritMod\Tiles\Furniture\Reach\TreemanStatue.cs:line 32
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.SetDefaults(ModTile tile)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__39_1(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
Disabling Mod: SpiritMod

I have a question about two unobtainable weapons I found on the mod wiki: The Doom Singer and the Zodiac. I'm curious as to where they would have been obtainable progression-wise if they had been left in, and what would the Zodiac have done if finished. Based on the Zodiac's sprite and color scheme, I assume it was somehow related to the Moon Lord?

Last edited:
I did, it doesnt work!

This is an error log:

An error occurred while loading SpiritMod
It has been detected that this mod was built for tModLoader v0.10.1.4
However, you are using tModLoader v0.11.6.2
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.Exception: TileObjectData Height and CoordinateHeights are incorrect. Height must equal the number of values in CoordinateHeights: [16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16] is not 9 elements long.
at Terraria.ObjectData.TileObjectData.Calculate()
at Terraria.ObjectData.TileObjectData.addTile(Int32 tileType)
at SpiritMod.Tiles.Furniture.Reach.TreemanStatue.SetDefaults() in SpiritMod\Tiles\Furniture\Reach\TreemanStatue.cs:line 32
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.SetDefaults(ModTile tile)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__39_1(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
Disabling Mod: SpiritMod
Reload your mods. Spirit will auto-update.

Back
Top Bottom