tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

The wait is almost over, everyone. The Spirit Mod 1.4.0.0 Trailer is now out on Youtube! Thank you all for sticking with us this far. Watch until the very end!
I am very excited for this, will you update the forum page with some of the new stuff? Great work, guys!

Oooh boy! I cannot WAIT to try this out. I can't believe these modders can make such beautiful things in this game, beyond what's already available. Man, I wish I had those skillz

The wait is almost over, everyone. The Spirit Mod 1.4.0.0 Trailer is now out on Youtube! Thank you all for sticking with us this far. Watch until the very end!
This looks great! Been waiting for this for years!
Just wondering though, I just started a playthrough and we were going to fight the mech bosses right before the update. I know this update seems to change up the asteroids, is there anything else world gen wise we will be lacking in our playthrough?
Also, what is going to happen to artifact weapons? Will we keep the ones we currently own?

@ThatGuyWhoUsesXray Good questions -- assuming most of which can be answered soon.

I'm also concerned with the new structures etc, how they will impact progression. Mods that add a bunch of new surface structures are kind of a pet-peeve of mine (just don't like much pre-made content cluttering the surface), but it doesn't look like there will be TOO much.

Everything else looks top-notch and unbelievably polished... can't wait to sink into this. Thanks SO much again to Yuyutsu and the Spirit Mod team for the wonderful job they've done here! :)

Last edited:
**Update 1.4.0.0 is out!** Download on the Mod Browser (when it catches up) or use the Tmodloader Direct Download Link. Alternatively, we have a mediafire link as well.

**Brief Changelog**:
- 250+ new items
- 52 new enemies
- 20 new soundtracks for bosses, events, and biomes (including vanilla ones!)
- Hundreds of overhauled weapons and equipment
- Revamped enemy and boss AIs
- A new NPC, the Gambler
- A new Quest System, used by the Adventurer
- Hundreds of resprites
- New mini-events, the Aurora and the Luminous Ocean
- Countless fixed bugs and balancing issues

**Direct Download Listing**: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/DirectModDownloadListing.php

**Mediafire**: SpiritMod

**Update 1.4.0.0 is out!** Download on the Mod Browser (when it catches up) or use the Tmodloader Direct Download Link. Alternatively, we have a mediafire link as well.

**Brief Changelog**:
- 250+ new items
- 52 new enemies
- 20 new soundtracks for bosses, events, and biomes (including vanilla ones!)
- Hundreds of overhauled weapons and equipment
- Revamped enemy and boss AIs
- A new NPC, the Gambler
- A new Quest System, used by the Adventurer
- Hundreds of resprites
- New mini-events, the Aurora and the Luminous Ocean
- Countless fixed bugs and balancing issues

**Direct Download Listing**: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/DirectModDownloadListing.php

**Mediafire**: SpiritMod
How do you get the Gambler to move in?

i've been waiting years for an update, glad to see it finally came out! have been loving the soundtrack and can't wait to start my first playthrough of spirit mod v1.4

this is... ok...?
Capture 2020-08-07 20_24_25.png

Really enjoying the update so far! The only real criticism I have are the Enchanter and Adventurer respirites, the Bandit looks really good though! (Mainly because I was so used to the old sprites for them).

Also, what is the Luminous Ocean?

Last edited:
Patch 1.4.0.2 is out, folks. Full Changelog is attached below:
**Notable Changes**:
- Town NPCs can now be rescued in Multiplayer (with the help of the people over at Antiaris)
- Starplate Voyager and Vinewrath Bane can now be spawned in Multiplayer
- Scarabeus (and Glade Wraith) no longer fly up and despawn
- Starplate Voyager now has piercing immunity to anything that pierces 3+ times
- Asteroid Chests no longer crash the game in multiplayer
- *... and 31 other fixes, changes, and improvements!*
- Added 7 New Banners and 1 New Item, Golden Caviar

**Available on the Mod Browser or Direct Download Listing** (*when it catches up*)

**Mediafire Link**: SpiritMod

Attachments

• 1.4.0.2log.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 223
Quick question sense I noticed that events like the Aurore and Lumensions Ocean were added to spirit. Should I stop using your varied weather mod? Like were they merged together?

After the recent update, so much was taken out of the game or changed for the worse... bosses, weapons, some things literally ripped out of the mod, including throwing class being changed to ranged for some reason? We coincidentally started playing a couple days before the update and were enjoying it until the update. As we progressed after the update, we noticed so many things changed or ripped out of the mod that it's far less enjoyable. Definitely feels like a waste of time, especially now that the mod feels so incomplete and unpolished. Literal missing/outdated wiki pages, inconsistencies between the wiki and the mod itself, the spriting, everything feels simply worse. Even the amount of bugs this game has makes it downright frustrating sometimes. But who knows, maybe the update just opened my eyes to the red flags that were already there. At least put all the changes into the changelogs so people don't get baited into using this mod. Don't recommend at all. What a waste of my time.

Like he said, i was playing my world and then the update. It appears many things were 'commented out' including the 'artifact weapons' which were one of my favourite reasons to use Spirit mod. Sure it was a pain in the :red: to gather the materials to construct them but made it more satisfying to do so. Very disappointed to see these erased from existence. One moment there then the next, poof like smoke as if they never were...

After the recent update, so much was taken out of the game or changed for the worse... bosses, weapons, some things literally ripped out of the mod, including throwing class being changed to ranged for some reason? We coincidentally started playing a couple days before the update and were enjoying it until the update. As we progressed after the update, we noticed so many things changed or ripped out of the mod that it's far less enjoyable. Definitely feels like a waste of time, especially now that the mod feels so incomplete and unpolished. Literal missing/outdated wiki pages, inconsistencies between the wiki and the mod itself, the spriting, everything feels simply worse. Even the amount of bugs this game has makes it downright frustrating sometimes. But who knows, maybe the update just opened my eyes to the red flags that were already there. At least put all the changes into the changelogs so people don't get baited into using this mod. Don't recommend at all. What a waste of my time.

most of the content on spirit mod was clutter rather than useful stuff. in fact i still think some of the stuff needs a rework (the goblin mechromancers for example, feels out of place) but the new content should be more down to the themes of the base game. as for the change from Throwing to ranged. they HAD to do it, Throwing as a class was removed by the game developers. the Calamity Devs created the Rogue class as an alternative to keep that part of the game alive but i dont think the Thorium, Spirit and other mods will be able to pull the same thing. we would need a sort of supplementary mod that can be made compatible with all the others in order to mantain Throwing as a main class.

its a fault from Relogic to gut a class they didnt even spend enough resources to create despite the modding community having flesh it further.

i have yet to test the new Spirit mod but so far it seems like an improvement and a move to the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom