tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

About half way through my mage playthrough and been having a good time but id recommend buffing the pain monger armor, it has zero advantages over titanium armor, id gladly exchange shadow dodge for higher damage

Alright, ive finished the mod,id give it a 7.5-8/10, the prehardmode stuff is like a 9/10 and a great time but everything post mech bosses is a bit unpolished and unbalance, dusking and atlas are underwhelming and the mage gear seems a bit too op at this point, I feel the hardmode stuff needs to be refined but overall a great mod

I'm getting tired of waiting for the update that will come someday, and I'm starting to think that I can't take it anymore and I'm going to play with the Spirit mod, but is there any problem if I create a World before the next update comes?

Alright, ive finished the mod,id give it a 7.5-8/10, the prehardmode stuff is like a 9/10 and a great time but everything post mech bosses is a bit unpolished and unbalance, dusking and atlas are underwhelming and the mage gear seems a bit too op at this point, I feel the hardmode stuff needs to be refined but overall a great mod
We'll be working on polishing up as much hardmode content as we can over the next couple updates, and hopefully it'll be much quicker than 1.4.3 has been so far. For the moment, hardmode is made up of basically exclusively stuff from 2017, so it's quite under par.
I'm getting tired of waiting for the update that will come someday, and I'm starting to think that I can't take it anymore and I'm going to play with the Spirit mod, but is there any problem if I create a World before the next update comes?
You'll lose out on the new Ocean content, and the new Sepulchre structures, and maybe some other minor things I don't recall off the top of my head. Should be mostly fine otherwise.

So we still have to wait? When is the update coming?
Its close to being finished, rn its in beta for testing. So this spring probably but we dont have a hard release date since we are working around a lot of peoples schedules.
There was a last minute decision to temporarily shelf content that would drag the update too much. Its so we can make more smaller consistent updates rather than dumping a giant load leaving the community in content drought. All announcements can be followed on our discord.

Last edited:
I'm getting massive lag in my world when using this mod. I think it's something about the world itself because I've experimented around to see when lag happens and it's not always present.

Had Spirit loaded, current character, current world (both made with Spirit) -> very laggy gameplay
Had Spirit loaded, made new test character, made new test world -> laggy gameplay
Unloaded Spirit, same test character, same test world -> gameplay was fine
Had Spirit loaded, same test character, another new test world (this time vanilla gen) -> gameplay was fine

I've also gone back to the first of the new test worlds with the test character while Spirit was loaded and saw that the gameplay was a lot less laggy the second time around. I wonder if there's some state that persists between worlds that causes it to be laggy.

Anything I can do to profile what's causing it?

I'm getting massive lag in my world when using this mod. I think it's something about the world itself because I've experimented around to see when lag happens and it's not always present.

Had Spirit loaded, current character, current world (both made with Spirit) -> very laggy gameplay
Had Spirit loaded, made new test character, made new test world -> laggy gameplay
Unloaded Spirit, same test character, same test world -> gameplay was fine
Had Spirit loaded, same test character, another new test world (this time vanilla gen) -> gameplay was fine

I've also gone back to the first of the new test worlds with the test character while Spirit was loaded and saw that the gameplay was a lot less laggy the second time around. I wonder if there's some state that persists between worlds that causes it to be laggy.

Anything I can do to profile what's causing it?
I believe this is an error that has been fixed in the upcoming update. Not much you can do until then though, sorry.

It was planned to be ported to Terraria 1.4, but there hasn't been any update to this thread, the Youtube channel, or the Twitter account since last March so the project appears to be stalled. @Vladimier above said that the update was "close to being finished" back in April, but nothing since. If you have Discord you could check their channel I suppose, see what's happening over there.

Will this be coming to the steam workshop?
It was planned to be ported to Terraria 1.4, but there hasn't been any update to this thread, the Youtube channel, or the Twitter account since last March so the project appears to be stalled. @Vladimier above said that the update was "close to being finished" back in April, but nothing since. If you have Discord you could check their channel I suppose, see what's happening over there.
To elaborate, Spirit Mod 1.4.3 IS in fact playable but only on 1.3 Tmodloader. The 1.4 port is still currently in progress and will take a little longer to reach on Browser. Both Twiiter and Youtube is handled by Yuyustu who is on hiatus and isn't able to manage/update those accounts at the moment. Best way to keep track with us is joining our Discord server where most of our activity is handled.

Note:
The latest versions can also be acessed there and downloaded into your mod folders

Back
Top Bottom