tModLoader The Split Mod [WIP]

Loving the mod so far, but the elements clog up the inventory space too much. I found myself just storing some then use auto trash mod to just trash every element. They have too few uses and some of them becomes obsolete pretty early. For example, bewitched gem hat and robe combined requires 2000 element of darkness. By the time player collects 2k element of darkness they are likely already to have access to better gears. I'd say 400 would be fair.
Also elements have only 99 max stack with Fargo's mutant mod. Having maxstackplus somewhat counters it as it forces 9999 max stack size.

Elements of Darkness drop at an incredibly annoying rate. I have thousands and thousands of them from doing regular gameplay.

Personally, it seems that all the extra elements just complicate the loot pools and fill up the inventory needlessly fast. The above poster is 100% spot on.

where in blazes is this ice ship? i've been digging around my ice biome for the greater part of an hour with dynamite and i havent found anything out of the ordinary. is there something thats supposed to be on the surface thats a give-away?

where in blazes is this ice ship? i've been digging around my ice biome for the greater part of an hour with dynamite and i havent found anything out of the ordinary. is there something thats supposed to be on the surface thats a give-away?

There was no surface bit in my world. I happened across it randomly. I believe it occurs at the middle quadrant of the map. Maybe upper middle area.

middle quadrant? what do you mean, like about cavern layer in the ice biome? my ice biome, unfortunately, is infested with the crimson on my world. ill consider going onto an end game character and drilling around the world quickly to see what the hell im missing and if the "ship" is spawning correctly.

middle quadrant? what do you mean, like about cavern layer in the ice biome? my ice biome, unfortunately, is infested with the crimson on my world. ill consider going onto an end game character and drilling around the world quickly to see what the hell im missing and if the "ship" is spawning correctly.

Well I don't know the name of the layers. The way I understand it is this:

There is the surface area which has the background then right below that is the middle quadrant that doesn't have a background tile (but has the new background parallax). So yeah if this is the cavern layer then that's what I meant.

i think my world's buggered mate. im fairly sure digging to lava would of yielded SOMETHING.

And another thing, what about the poor helpless soul item? i ripped skeletron a new one, he didnt drop anything that looked like that, so im guessing it has something to do with one-shot but i also cant summon him since it requires an amplifier and moon dust...guessing moon dust drops from the "ufo's" around the ship, but the amplifier im lost on.

Attachments

• terraria screenshot.jpg
    terraria screenshot.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 1,337
Last edited:
figured i'd put this as a seperate point even if it merges, found the ship and its stuff much deeper than i expected, and further away...had to take out basically the mining machine mount to find it.

I've encountered a bug with the Hiding of the Great Secret... I recently went looking for it in hard mode while trying to complete my boss checklist and... after scowering most of my ice biome i opted to use the world gen previewer mod to see where the thing went and... after several tries i found that... it wasn't in my world... as it went in a place i had been to before...
main_world_by_sashadrakovi-dc7cfqa.png
world_gen_bug_by_sashadrakovi-dc7cfq8.png

I may have ended up creating the world while Split was disabled... i was fairly certain it wasn't when i made the world though...

Edit: I did NOT create the world while split was disabled, but at one point i disabled split before hopping back on the world... but after that i remembered that there were blocks from the split mod that spawn into the world and reloaded it, but... that shouldn't have caused the blocks to disappear and reset to what it normally would have been without split... right?

Last edited:
could you guys add the caped pumpkin thing that the snow elf rides as a separate light pet? its sprite is so nice and the guy has a lantern around its neck too. if it already exists sorry. the mod has nice content and am looking forward to future updates

There is a bug with the "Safe Bottle" item. If i have it in my inventory i am unable to spawn any bosses. If i put it out into a chest, i can summon bosses again.

So recently I've had a problem with the mod where one - shot or anyone thats frozen on the ship dies to a generic enemy and I cant do anything ive had to switch worlds just to kill one shot and on other worlds some of them directly spawned on the frost biome (not in the ship) but that was really rare hope you can fix it great mod none the less! (the enemy that destroyed the frozen npcs was the fire imp)

Last edited:
How do you exchange items with Genoshi, exactly? I click on the Exchange option in his dialog box with a valid item in my inventory but nothing happens.

So i've been having an issue with the Dusty Mirrors, Everytime i find a Dusty Mirror and i right click it to reveal it my game crashes and gives me this error. Any idea on how to work around it? thanks a lot in advance.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 194
Back
Top Bottom