NPCs & Enemies The Spooky Legion - Halloween Rival to the Frost Legion!

Added The Ectoblaster, Suggested By @MadCat , Along With A Debuff, "Haunted"!
Sbe7ILv.png
vvLibxf.png
SlRyXpW.png

Added The Pumpkin Staff!
0JTjfYw.png

[EDIT, TWO YEARS LATER] What the hell was this supposed to be for?

Last edited:
I like it, but I disagree with you having to use Spooky Wood to make the Buffed Pumpkin Armor, I think it should just be a random drop from the event or something.

I like it, but I disagree with you having to use Spooky Wood to make the Buffed Pumpkin Armor, I think it should just be a random drop from the event or something.
I agree with this. Pumpkin armor is just an early mode armor that is (sorta) useful at the beginning. Also, buff the moonglow seed's damage. It does the same thing as blinkroot seeds, but with less damage.

Does 30 DMG A Second, Halves Movement, Removes 75% Of Your DEF, TRIPLES DMG, And Switches Your Movement Keys Randomly.
Wait.. WHAT. I'm sorry, giving mobs triple damage (which is insane), does not remove the fact that you're dealing 30 DMG A SECOND. WITH A BUFF. also, 75% of your def is too much..

I'm sorry if I sound very... angry? (idk), or mean. I'm not trying to be. but please. rethink that debuff, and nerf it a bit.

Other than that though, great idea! I like it, its simple, but looks well though out, and would add another small, simple invasion.

Support! But please fix that debuff..

Last edited:
Reactions: Bry
Great, the Frost Legion should be bored about being alone! Here's his new friend! But, there should be a special NPC like Santa Claus. Also some other special stuff, more and more halloween theme.

Looks cool and is well thought out, but we honestly don't need a second pumpkin moon. Also I don't like the idea of goodie bags being obtainable outside of the Halloween event.

Dt7BW7H.png
Guess who's back with all-new spriiiiiiites~
OmHYGpL.png

KPFjcdu.png
...Ok, I guess that very well could also apply to me, but I was talkin' about the Spooky Legion, baby!
F9ewgwy.png

YymuW2M.png
Y'know, Hoppin' Jack is... mostly the same, but everything else has a fresh new coat of paint! And pixels! Mainly pixels!
YymuW2M.png

mp5tjKq.png

(I liked how the banners look, alright?)

"What you sowed will reap you."
The Spooky Legion!
While I was off trying to improve the Frost Legion, someone handed to me the idea of giving said Legion a Halloween counterpart!
I didn't even realize this had been missing, but I sure as heck wasn't passin' up that opportunity! Here you are, folks: a new Seasonal Invasion!
Get ready, and prepare to be thoroughly spooked (or, well, as spooked as a bunch of silly-looking pumpkins can make you), because we're divin' right in!
First thing's first:

The Goodie Bag!
qM4lQRW.png

"The Goodie Bag?"
The Goodie Bag. If you need glasses, just grab a pair off of Google Images.
This is a minor change, but I'm sure you'll appreciate it nonetheless:
its chance of dropping from Spooky Legion enemies is 3.75%─TRIPLE its usual drop rate.
Not like they were super rare beforehand, but if you're gettin' particularly unlucky with the costume drops, this event will be here to help speed that process up a bit.
Now let's move on to the most important part...

The Jack-in-the-Box!
NlBhyRF.png

Event-Starter Item
It has a 6.67% chance of dropping from a Goodie Bag; it can also be crafted using a Jack o' Lantern, 7 of any Wood, 2 Iron/Lead Bars and 4 Souls of Fright at a Sawmill.
Use this thing and the Spooky Legion will drop everything to give you the most SPINE-tingling SPOOKS your world has even SEEN!

nwzP6dg.png

The Legion Enemies
...Oh, it says in the script that this was supposed to be the most important part of the event. COuGh, MY BAAAD.

The Frost Legion has snowmen. This... has pumpkins. A
lot of pumpkins. And they're all named Jack.

I can only imagine how any get-togethers must go. Anyways, let's start looking at 'em!
First up,
The Hoppin' Jacks!

sf12EFg.png

Common Enemy
Now sporting a trio of new looks!

While the Hoppin' Jack can be found traversing the Forest biome like a hyperactive Slime during Hardmode, it's also affiliated with the Spooky Legion that's set out to spook ya straight!
Unlike with its Forest appearances, the Hoppin' Jack has three other possible faces, each with a different jumping pattern. You'll need to memorize all of them if you don't want to get caught off-guard constantly, so, just for you people, I've made a table to show you each of their behaviors, including any changes they make in harder difficulties.
From left to right...
Difficulty
cXbXBpj.png

Spooky
VlI2mrc.png

Mischievous
DIvOk4r.png

Scary
3uQuhj2.png

Frightened
Normal
Behaves as usual.
Deals the most damage and inflicts Spooked.

Damage: 80
Health: 200
Defense: 20
KBR: 50%
Inflicts Spooked
L2FjB9e.png
(100% on contact, 10 seconds)
Performs a high jump when directly under you, reaching almost triple its normal jump height.
Loses a bit of horizontal speed while jumping, though, especially with the high jump.

Damage: 72
Health: 235
KBR: 57%
Hops much faster the farther away it is from you. Said hops don't reach as high as the other variants', however.
Inflicts Spooked for longer than the Spooky Hoppin' Jack.

Damage: 75
Health: 175
KBR: 40%
Inflicts Spooked
L2FjB9e.png
(100% on contact, 30 seconds)
Keeps its distance from you, and is prone to fleeing when low on health, despawning when out of sight.
Typically a waste of the enemy cap, but will slightly increase the enemy cap AND spawn rate for a moment if it gets away.

Damage: 60
Health: 300
KBR: 65%
Expert
Moves a little faster, deals lots more damage, and inflicts Spooked for longer.
Damage: 120
Health: 325
KBR: 62%
Inflicts Spooked
L2FjB9e.png
(100% on contact, 20 seconds)
Can high jump under you with almost no delay after landing, and the high jump goes even higher, just to really scare you.
Damage: 80
Health: 380
KBR: 62%
Has almost no delay in-between jumps if you're looking in its direction.
Damage: 87
Health: 285
KBR: 45%
Inflicts Spooked
L2FjB9e.png
Stays a little farther away.
If it makes it out of the carnage, a certain enemy will briefly have a much higher spawn rate, as well.
Damage: 41
Health: 410
KBR: 70%
Master
Deals even more damage, completely powers through your attacks, and out-spooks the Scary Hoppin' Jack.
Damage: 160
Health: 450
KBR: 100%
Inflicts Spooked
L2FjB9e.png
(100% on contact, 45 seconds)
Will also perform long jumps if it's close enough horizontally, and it'll inflict Spooked for a bit if you get hit with the high jump.
Damage: 97
Health: 530
Inflicts Spooked
L2FjB9e.png
(100% from high jump, 20 seconds)
Also gains horizontal jumping distance as it loses health; if you accidentally shoot a Scary Hoppin' Jack while it's off-screen, you're probably going to have a heart attack when it suddenly covers two-fifths of the screen in one jump.
Damage: 113
Health: 395
KBR: 53%
Inflicts Spooked
L2FjB9e.png
Doesn't try to stand its ground when you knock it back.
Will rarely spawn a dangerous foe when it flees.
Damage: 22
Health: 525
Defense: 0
KBR: 0%
Coins: 3 Silver
Drops: 1-2 Pumpkins
A3VXo9a.png
100% chance

Spooky Mask
CoQBkeN.png
3% chance, only from the Spooky variant

Mischievious Mask
CoQBkeN.png

Scary Mask
CoQBkeN.png

Frightened Mask
CoQBkeN.png
Dt7BW7H.png

I'm not doing drop chances for each mode. I still have things I wanna get to do during this lifetime.

The Rollin' Jack!
tR1V78Q.png

Common Enemy
I had to make SO many damn sprites for this guy, and they ALL looked BAD!
I wanted to animate it, but alongside the spriting woes I ALREADY had, I don't have a lot of experience with animating, so that was just a dream dead before it was ever born.

Have you ever wanted a scarier version of an Angry Tumbler? Well, now you'll want a LESS scarier version, because this thing's horrible!
While a little slower than an Angry Tumbler, the Rollin' Jack can move a LOT faster if you give it the opportunity. Once it gets close enough to a player, it'll start spinning up in place for about 2 seconds, in a very similar manner to the possessed weapons found in the evil biomes and the Hallow. For 5 seconds afterward, the Rollin' Jack will move at 40 MPH, skidding when changing directions and dealing large damage to players it slams into. The Rollin' jack can't jump during this, but it's a pretty nasty attack if you ask me.
There's a little more nastiness to it, though. If the Rollin' Jack slams into a wall while moving at high speeds, it'll SPLATTER. This SOUNDS good initially, since it kills Jack, but it also leaves gross pumpkin guts everywhere. The initial splatter leaves you much more heavily coated, but the guts will ALSO cover nearby blocks; touching those in the next 8 seconds will inflict Gutsy for less time, as well as hinder your jumping ability, due to how sticky the guts are. If you don't want to make a mess, I'd suggest killing these as soon as possible, or fighting them in an open area; these are the only ways you're gonna get a clean ending with this thing.

AI: Angry Tumbln't (The sprite literally just rotates when it moves, which I think would be pretty great)
Damage: 50, 95 when accelerated
Health: 220
Defense: 18
Inflicts Gutsy
BIIu2Nt.png
(100% chance from Gutsy Blocks, 5 seconds; 100% chance from Splatter, 12-18 seconds)
Expert
The Rollin' Jack can speed spin for one second longer, and its maximum speed is increased to 43 MPH.
It also gains the ability to jump while speeding, though it can't turn in mid-air. The Rollin' Jack will automatically jump when it spins close to you; if you're new to its Expert Mode behavior, this may catch you off guard and get your skull caved in.
Additionally, it can survive one collision with blocks, becoming cracked and losing half of its remaining health. It also leaves a slightly smaller amount of guts on nearby blocks, which linger for 5 seconds. The second splatter is still a full-on explosion, though, and the only difference from Normal Mode is the extra second of block guts-lifespan (bringing it up to 9 seconds).

Damage: 60, 108 when accelerated
Health: 358
KBR: 77%
Inflicts Gutsy
BIIu2Nt.png
(100% chance from Gutsy Blocks, 5 seconds; 100% chance from Splatter, 14-21 seconds)
Master
The Rollin' Jack's maximum accelerated speed caps out at a whopping 46 MPH; to compensate, it starts spinning up from even farther away. It'll jump REALLY HIGH when it speeds towards you, but when you pass under it, the Rollin' Jack'll halt all horizontal movement and slam downwards (with after-images and everything), causing it to both crack and leave guts behind on block impact.
Speaking of slamming into :red:, the Rollin' Jack can do that TWICE now! Each collision leaves even less gore on surrounding blocks and only loses Rollin' Jack a third of its health instead of half. The final splatter is still mostly the same as before, but the guts it leaves behind now last for a whole 10 seconds! That's twice as much as the lifespan of the guts left from the first two slams.

Damage: 70, 120 when accelerated
Health: 495
KBR: 90%
Inflicts Gutsy
BIIu2Nt.png
(100% chance from Gutsy Blocks, 10 seconds; 100% chance from Splatter, 16-24 seconds)
Coins: 4 Silver
Drops: 2-3 Pumpkins
A3VXo9a.png
100% chance

Flailin' Jack
N9hapNj.png
1% chance
KPFjcdu.png

The Spittin' Jack!
JaNl7mb.gif

Uncommon Enemy
The cracked-up crack shot that should probably go see the Nurse about all those injuries!
I kinda wanna call him Cracker Jack for obvious reasons, but I'm not sure if that sounds better than Spittin' Jack. What do you guys think?

This guy looks a lot like the Hoppin' Jack, but it actually acts like a Spiked Slime. When it gets close enough, the Spittin' Jack, well, starts spittin' Seeds
LMuQW1B.png
at ya! They're pretty affected by gravity, and ricochet off of walls and ceilings; if they hit you, they'll be destroyed, but if you're in invincibility frames, they'll pass through ya. If the seeds land on a BLOCK, they'll take root and start growing. If you let 'em be, they'll turn into an enemy! Which one it'll be is up to chance; you've got a 60% chance for a Hoppin' Jack, a 35% chance for a Rollin' Jack, and a 5% chance for a new Spittin' Jack! Any enemies spawned from seeds will not drop coins or Pumpkins, but they CAN still drop their rare loot─it's just rarer, now.

But wait, I forgot to mention, you can actually hit the seeds out of the air, destroying them entirely before they get a chance to take root! You can also attack the growing pumpkins, but they're gonna take a few more hits now. As long as you don't let them grow up into full Pumpkins, I guess.

AI: Spiked Slime
Damage: 60 Jack, 72 Seeds, 0 Sprouting Pumpkins
Health: 310 Jack, 1 Seeds, 100 Sprouting Pumpkins
Defense: 17 Jack, 0 Seeds, 3 Sprouting Pumpkins
KBR: 46% Jack, 15% Seeds, 100% Sprouting Pumpkins
Expert
The Spittin' Jack becomes a little more cracked, lowering its defense.

Fired seeds now have more than one health; you'll knock them away if you don't deal enough damage in one hit, effectively ensuring they take root. Sprouting pumpkins take 15% less time to grow, and their defense is tripled, letting them take an extra hit or two. The chances for which enemy spawns from each seed have been changed; the new chances are 50% for a Hoppin' Jack, 30% for a Rollin' Jack, 12.5% for a BOMBIN' Jack, and a 7.5% for a Spittin' Jack. That new enemy is right after this one, so you'll see them soon.

Damage: 66 Jack, 90 Seeds, 0 Sprouting Pumpkins
Health: 505 Jack, 50 Seeds, 100 Sprouting Pumpkins
Defense: 13 Jack, 0 Seeds, 9 Sprouting Pumpkins
KBR: 48% Jack, 40% Seeds, 100% Sprouting Pumpkins
Master
The cracks are now so bad that they ooze pumpkin guts wherever the Spittin' Jack lands. These guts last for 5 seconds, though seeds coat the blocks they land on with 15 SECONDS' worth of pumpkin guts. If you really want to avoid the guts becoming an issue, you can try to knock them away, but their knockback resistance and health are a lot HIGHER now, so good luck with that.

Sprouting seeds gain a further defense tripling, and will deal damage if you bump them. The chances for which enemy sprouts from each seed are once again changed; now it's 33% for a Hoppin' Jack, 33% for a Rollin' Jack, 22% for a Bombin' Jack, and 11% for a Spittin' Jack! And, uh, it seems that we have an extra 1% leftover, so I'll assign it to another certain dangerous foe.
Yes, that's another new enemy. It appears after the Bombin' Jack, so have some patience. Especially because Bombin' Jack is quite a read.

Damage: 72 Jack, 100 Seeds, 50 Sprouting Pumpkins
Health: 700 Jack, 90 Seeds, 100 Sprouting Pumpkins
Defense: 7 Jack, 0 Seeds, 27 Sprouting Pumpkins
KBR: 53% Jack, 85% Seeds, 100% Sprouting Pumpkins
Inflicts Gutsy
BIIu2Nt.png
(40% chance from Seeds, 5.5-11 seconds; 100% chance from Gutsy Blocks, 7 seconds)
Coins: 5 Silver
Drops: 1 Pumpkin
A3VXo9a.png
50% chance
1-3 Pumpkin Seeds
cl0cvwL.png
100% chance

Seedshooter
YLkxIjH.png
1.73%
y8wNVhn.png

The Bombin' Jack!
0hB8qAE.png

Uncommon Enemy
An explosive-tempered hothead! That is twooo puns in ooone sentence, HECK yeah!
A custom-made sprite─no wonder it looks so good!
Alternate Names: Bombling, Jack o' Blastern, or the Squashling Bomber. You can also call 'im Jake, but I can't guarantee your safety if you do that.

You were waiting for the enemy that makes you go, "Oh :red:, a 'that,'" right? Well, here it is! With its autumn-leaf cradle that can endlessly regenerate its head, the Bombin' Jack is an intimidating foe.
It maneuvers around on vine appendages, just barely outpacing a player at base running speed, though the weight of the pumpkin head keeps it from jumping as high. The Bombin' Jack's main attack involves using its head; while it's not quite the smartest form of that phrase, it certainly isn't the most pleasant, either. When it gets close, it stops and then flings its head at you, sending it about twice as far as a Bomb goes. Funny I mentioned bombs, too; when the Bombin' Jack's head hits anything, it EXPLODES with a radius size in-between Bombs and Dynamite. The blast can set you on fire, and daze you a bit, but after that's said and done, what's the Bombin' Jack going to do now?

Well, it just lost its head, so it's out of options to attack. Since the "brain" of this thing's in the cradle, not the pumpkin, it's still able to move around and will try to evade your attacks. Why? Because now the Bombin' Jack has no buffer against them! The dodging won't last long, though, since, after 5 seconds, the head grows back.

...Unless you can deal enough damage to the head while it's still attached, that is. It'll explode while on the cradle, HURTING and DAZING the Bombin' Jack until its head grows back, and damages nearby enemies. This leaves Players, NPCs, and Critters unhurt, and extends the head regrow timer by 2 seconds.

AI: Fighter (Moves similar to the Martian Walker)
Damage: 84 on contact, 100 from the Boom
Health: 300 Head, 830 Cradle
Defense: 28 Head, 13 Cradle
KBR: 100% Head, 70% Cradle
Inflicts On Fire!
1OeozAy.png
on whatever it hits (60% chance from Boom, 6-10 seconds)
Will Daze
tWg4P5p.png
itself for 7 seconds if you set its head off prematurely.
Expert
Spawns a little more commonly.

Bombin' Jack's heads explode VERY differently now; instead of the usual radial explosion, you'll be getting more of a mushroom cloud. In exchange for a bit of horizontal range, the explosion reaches INSANE heights and lingers for a moment. It also gains the ability to poison you for a long-:red: time, and the chance of setting you on fire is lightly increased.

If a Frightened Hoppin' Jack escapes, Bombin' Jacks will have a radically increased spawn rate for 5 seconds.

Damage: 94 on contact, 100 from the Boom
Health: 375 Head, 1350 Cradle
KBR: 100% Head, 77% Cradle
Inflicts On Fire!
1OeozAy.png
(70% chance from Boom, 7-10 seconds) and Poisoned
WWFQaXM.png
on whatever it hits (100% chance from Drop Bomb, 4-13 seconds)
Will Daze
tWg4P5p.png
itself for 7 seconds if you set its head off prematurely.
Master
Bombin' Jack's heads grow back a second quicker now, regardless of whether you set it off prematurely, leaving you a smaller window to attack.

The explosions straight-up MELT you instead of just setting you on fire, they're so damn hot now. They also send out flaming seeds
rEwwVk3.png
that fly out like a Spiked Slime's burst attack, reaching even higher than the explosion does while not flying very far horizontally. These seeds can pierce through players and set them ablaze, but will only ricochet off of blocks a measly two times before burning up. They DO NOT SPAWN ENEMIES, instead bouncing off of floors, too.

If a Frightened Hoppin' Jack escapes, Bombin' Jacks will have a radically increased spawn rate for 10 seconds.

Damage: 112 on contact, 100 from the Boom
Health: 450 Head, 1870 Cradle
KBR: 100% Head, 90% Cradle
Inflicts Poisoned
WWFQaXM.png
on whatever it hits (100% chance from Drop Bomb, 20 seconds), but will only inflict Burning
bch4UYi.png
on players (80% chance from Boom, 1 second)
Will Daze
tWg4P5p.png
itself for 6 seconds if you set its head off prematurely.
Coins: 7 Silver, 25 Copper
Drops: 3-6 Pumpkins
A3VXo9a.png
100%
16-24 Pumpkin Bombs
VEo4ypC.png
100%

Squashling Bomber Staff
zii0nGo.png
2.14%
F9ewgwy.png

Master Mode
The Polterheist!
zqag5xb.png

Mini-Boss
The ever-burning spirit with an infuriating penchant for pilfery!
Yes, "infuriating". I am openly admitting that players might not like this guy. YOU probably won't like this guy. I like THAT.

Maybe some actual risk besides perma-death will do this game some good. That seems to be a rarity on people's wishlist for this game.

Now THIS guy's super special. First off, he doesn't spawn like the others do; instead, every Pumpkin Legion enemy has a 0.75% chance of spawning him when killed, like a much rarer Dungeon Spirit. But that, and the fact that both it and the Polterheist are ghosts, is the only trait they share. The Polterheist is a MUCH tougher foe than the Dungeon Spirit, and is probably the most intelligent enemy in the game.
The "heist" in his name isn't just for show, if you were wondering. This guy tends to stay within a certain distance from you, occasionally rushing you with a dash that has some extreme speed and reach. If he bumps you, except some things that were previously in your pockets to no longer be in your pockets.
He's not your typical, everyday pickpocket, though (This guy has no arms! How could he be?). He actually has some IQ points, which is more than I can say for most enemies in this game.
Instead of trying to swipe your good stuff, he goes for your potions (which, I guess can also be considered "good stuff", but that's beside the point). Reason for this being, he can fly to the toughest enemy on-screen and give them the swiped potions, letting them get the potion's effects for themselves. This, obviously, kind of REALLY blows.

4% of the time when a Frightened Hoppin' Jack escapes, a Polterheist will spawn, even if a naturally-spawned one is already present. A second Hoppin' Jack Polterheist can't be spawned while the first one's still kicking, though.

AI: Hovering
Damage: 75 contact, 40 YOINK (always does exactly 40), 35 Ultrablaze
Health: 4,800
Defense: 0
KBR: 80%, drops to 0% when YOINKing
Inflicts Spooked
L2FjB9e.png
(100% from Scare, 12 seconds) and Ultrablaze
1uQY2JA.png
(35% on contact, 3-4 seconds)

Coins: 5 Gold
Drops: Any potions it stole from you, first and foremost. But if the Polterheist got to use them on someone (which it most likely did), you'll be getting an empty Bottle for each, instead.
3-4 Ectoplasm
dWwB9g7.png
100%

Burning Spirit
lE0IcQe.png
3.67%
fkEUwqV.png

Whack-a-Jack!
IiE4pUe.gif

Alternate Name: Jack-o'-Mole
Hahah, get it? Whack-a-Mole plus Jack-o'-Lantern?
...I thought it was clever.
Well anyways, this guy... really is just Whack-a-Mole but with a Jack-o'-Lantern.
To move around, Whack-a-Jack will duck into the ground and reappear somewhere else, popping his eyes out for a second before either ducking back down or further popping out, getting his mouth outta the ground to attack. He'll try to pop up under you when he's going to attack.
He can spit out various things at you to attack, a list of which is down below in a Spoiler. He either spits the entire attack out in one volley, or over 3 different pop-ups (spit out a few, switch spots, spit out more, switch spots, and spit out the rest, switch spots).
As Whack-a-Jack approaches death, he begins to move and attack faster, and he'll even start popping up alongside fakes when attacking. The fakes spit out a different attack from the original, but all the fakes spit out the same thing, so it becomes a game of "Find the odd one out". Shouldn't be that hard, though; the real Whack-a-Jack will crack as he takes damage, while the fakes stay completely pristine throughout the whole fight. And uh, also, the whole "different attack thing".

tejnLOO.png

Whack-a-Jack will be attack 25% faster and will have two extra fakes present at all times. Some of his attacks are also a bit harsher now, too.

LMuQW1B.png
Spits out 6 Pumpkin Seeds at random angles, each of which inflicts Gutsy.
nHAOlbB.png
Uses his Spectral Breath, which is kind of like a flamethrower with ectoplasm-colored "flames" that sweeps from side to side, which reach about as far as an actual Flamethrower would.
9aybGeQ.png
He also breaths out 2-6 Spectral Blasts while the main breath's going on, which fly at a decent speed but decelerate at a rate of 33% every second. However, the blasts become bigger, faster, and stronger the fewer he spits out, up to a 200% increase.
tFAXG8m.png
Spits out 5-8 Halloween Bats, which are just tinier Cave Bats that don't take much to dispatch of. They don't even hurt that much.
mp5tjKq.png
Either vomits out 3 Hoppin', Rollin' or Spittin' Jacks (which are mix and matched), or 1 Bombin' Jack/Polterheist [50/50%].

tejnLOO.png

rEwwVk3.png
The Pumpkin Seeds are instead on fire, and send Greek Fire in random directions as they travel. The floor is now even more of a bad place to be than it was previously.
iPtAZpS.png
The Spectral Breath now reaches farther, sweeps a wider area, and is thicker, and the Blasts are aimed directly at you.
• Hahahahah okay the bats kinda hurt now, and inflict Life Drain (the not-good kind). There's also 8-12 of them now.
• Bombin' Jacks and Polterheists have a greater chance of spawning, and can occasionally spawn in pairs.
Non-sequiter Note: Blocks under Whack-a-Jack become invincible.
AI: New
Damage: 65 contact, 110 surfacing, 42 Flaming Seeds, 26 Greek Fire 74 Pumpkin Bombs, 60-90 Flaming Wood
Health: 10,000
Defense: 34
Inflicts:
1OeozAy.png
On Fire! (Flaming Seeds, 35%, 6-10 seconds)
(Greek Fire, 100%, 12-24 seconds)
Spooked (Surfacing, 100%, 6 seconds)
mnTjdBI.png
Spectral (Specterballs, 100%, 16 seconds)
Drops:
3jz17pY.gif

6-12
A3VXo9a.png
100%
3-5
cl0cvwL.png
100%

Ectoblaster
FZaL6y1.png
, 6% Post-Plantera
Whack-a-Jack Trophy 10%

tejnLOO.png

AI: New
Damage: 130 contact, 220 surfacing, 84 Flaming Seeds, 52 Greek Fire, 111 Pumpkin Bombs, 120-180 Flaming Wood
Health: 20,000
Defense: 34
Inflicts: On Fire! (Flaming Seeds, 70%, 6-10 seconds)
(Greek Fire, 100%, 24-48 seconds)
(Pumpkin Bombs, 100%, 8-16 seconds)
Spooked (Surfacing, 100%, 12 seconds)
(Pumpkin Bombs, 100%, 8-16 seconds)
mnTjdBI.png
Spectral (Specterballs, 100%, 32 seconds)

Expert Drop Changes:
12-24
A3VXo9a.png
100%
3-10
cl0cvwL.png
100%
Pumpkin Bomb 8-12
VEo4ypC.png
100%

nwzP6dg.png

You defeat the last pumpkin, and you look around at all the stuff lyin' around. It's everybody's favorite part...
The Loot!
Flailin' Jack
N9hapNj.png

Drops from Rollin' Jacks.
This guy can really flail around! He reaches 4 blocks farther than the Dao of Pow and Flower Pow (the Pow Duo, I like to say).

Every enemy hit has a 70% chance of being inflicted with Gutsy for 3 seconds. For each enemy inflicted in the same throw, though, the duration of the debuff goes up by 1.5 seconds.
Sounds a little boring, no?
Well, that's for good reason: you haven't seen the best part!
Upon hitting an eighth enemy, Flailin' Jack explodes and sends guts flying everywhere, dealing double damage and inflicting Gutsy on every enemy hit for double the amount of time. After that, the end of the flail's vine will just fall to the ground, being completely limp and useless. Make sure you pull it back in so you can throw out another not-useless Jack.

Can also occasionally inflict Spooked, weakening enemies' damage.

Damage: 46, 23 from Vine End, 92 from Splatter (Melee)
Knockback: 5 (Average)
Critical Chance: 4%
Use Time: 47 (Extremely Slow)
Velocity: 13.5
Flail Reach: 24 Blocks
Inflicts Gutsy
BIIu2Nt.png
(70% chance from Flail Head, 3 second, +1.5 second for every enemy inflicted with the debuff in the same throw; 100% chance from Splatter, 24 seconds) and Spooked
L2FjB9e.png
(4% chance from Flail Head, 10 seconds)
Tooltip: "The Pumpkin King's own flail," you say? Nonsense; his flail robs souls!
Rarity:
Pink
Sell: 1 Gold, 32 Silver

Jack o' Planter
YLkxIjH.png

Drops from Spittin' Jacks.
Now YOU can become a Spittin' Jack! Load this baby with seeds and aim, and BLAMMO!
...Wait, was that a Blowpipe Seed?
Get that :red: outta here! There's, like, twenty different types of seeds, baby! Use those! Even Acorns and Pumpkin Seeds can be used for this weapon (though you probably could've figured out the Pumpkin Seeds on your own)! Each type of seed has a unique effect; check out the sub-sub-Spoiler below (the one labeled "Ammo Types") to see them all!

Damage: 34 (Ranged)
Knockback: 4 (Weak)
Critical Chance: 4%
Use Time: 14 (Very Fast)
Velocity: 14
Tooltip: Uses Pumpkin Seeds as ammo, as well as any other type of seed!
35% chance to not consume ammo

Rarity:
Light Red
Sell: 85 Silver
Pumpkin Seed
8JGX91k.png

Damage: 17
Flies faster than the Blowpipe Seed, and pierces 4 enemies.
Plants Pumpkins on Forest Grass.
Inflicts Gutsy
BIIu2Nt.png
(50% chance, 3-10 seconds)

Biome Seeds
Biome Seeds deal more damage to enemies from opposing biomes, though deal less damage to enemies from the same or neutral biomes.
They plant their respective Biome Grass on impact, but they won't overwrite other grasses, or convert Mud to Dirt or vice versa.

Grass Seeds
6UkJyFo.png

Damage: 20
Increases weapon damage by 30% against Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow enemies. Jungle enemies take 30% reduced damage, while Forest enemies only take half damage.

Corrupt Seeds
GeruFAg.png

Damage: 25
Increases weapon damage by 70% against Forest and Jungle enemies, by 50% against Hallow and Mushroom enemies, and by 35% against Crimson enemies. Corruption enemies take 70% reduced damage.

Crimson Seeds
PjVgqEU.png

Damage: 25
Increases weapon damage by 77% against Forest and Jungle enemies, by 55% against Hallow and Mushroom enemies, and by 39% against Corruption enemies. Crimson enemies take 80% reduced damage.

Jungle Seeds
uzmPoQM.png

Damage: 28
Increases weapon damage by 70% against Mushroom enemies, and by 20% against Corruption and Crimson enemies. Forest enemies take 20% reduced damage, while Jungle enemies take 60% reduced damage.

Mushroom Seeds
sFCl99Q.png

Damage: 30
Increases weapon damage by 60% against Jungle enemies, and by 40% against Corruption and Crimson enemies. Mushroom enemies take no damage from these seeds.
The projectile emits a deep, dark blue.

Hallow Seeds
dwLYHtk.png

Damage: 23
Increases weapon damage by 75% against Corruption and Crimson enemies, and by 50% against Forest enemies. Hallow enemies only take 60% damage.

Herb Seeds
Herb Seeds are the special special ammo type; each seed has its own debuff, behavior, or other special effect, which can come in handy in certain situations.
They move as fast as the Blowpipe Seed, and plant their respective herb if the target block supports it.

Daybloom Seeds
ROyaD7i.png

Damage: 10
Restores 2 HP if it hits during the day.

Blinkroot Seeds
P2isCgy.png

Damage: 2
Acts as a small flashbang, dazing, confusing, or otherwise stunning enemies while creating a bright flash of yellow light.
Inflicts [Dazed
tWg4P5p.png
(30% chance, 6-12 seconds), Confused
svaj5Rd.png
(20% chance, 4-8 seconds) and Stunned
XQVW67W.png
(10% chance, 0.75-2 seconds)]; only one will be inflicted per shot.

Deathweed Seeds
2yoSGFH.png

Damage: 14
Has a high Critical Strike chance (40%). Deals no knockback, though, and moves a little slower than the other Herb Seeds.
Ideal for bosses, if you can lead your shots somethin' fierce.

Fireblossom Seeds
jbF7SBc.png

Damage: 8
Releases multiple Greek Fire-like embers on impact, each dealing 30 damage, igniting foes and disappearing on impact.
Inflicts On Fire!
1OeozAy.png
(100% chance from Embers, 20-32 seconds)

Moonglow Seeds
OLpGPHL.png

Damage: 4
Restores 10 Mana if it hits during the night, and causes enemies to glow.
The projectile emits its own nice teal glow.
Inflicts Shine
aSaImJ7.png
(100% chance, 30 seconds)

Shiverthorn Seeds
tru4Gi7.png

Damage: 9
Can stick onto enemies for 15 seconds. They then hurt other enemies that touch them for 60% damage.
Inflicts Chilled
TgJimdW.png
(100% chance while stuck with seeds)

Waterleaf Seeds
Jz93Rlw.png

Damage: 6
While in rain or bodies of water, these seeds will absorb the moisture around them, increasing damage and vulnerability to gravity at a rate of 7.5%/0.25 seconds.

Miscellaneous Seeds
Acorn
gaMSm30.png

Damage: 13
Plants Trees on all Grass types, Snow, and Sand.
Ricochets off of enemies five times, breaking on the sixth hit. If it lands just right, it can daze an enemy it hits.
Inflicts Dazed
tWg4P5p.png
(20% chance, 10 seconds; chance triples on a critical hit)

seed
87MopRu.png

Damage: 1
Stop it.
Get some better seeds.

Burning Spirit
lE0IcQe.png

This book is kind of a direct upgrade to the Book of Skulls.
RRO9Nul.png

The projectiles have more pierce, homing ability and velocity, but also have a nice Ultrabright glow as well as a unique special ability.
For every hit it deals that does over 30 damage, the target has a chance of dropping one of its normal item drops, including coins. More specifically, the chance is whatever the chance the of items dropping normally is, times 2%, or .02. The quantity of items dropped is also 80% lower, but it will not drop under 1 item. For example, the Rainbow Slime would have a 2% chance of dropping extra Rainbow Bricks on a hit, but you'd only get 6-12 Bricks instead of 30-60. As for the Gel, which would also have a 2% chance of dropping, only 1-4 would drop, instead of 1-20.
Oh yeah also this weapon is Spooky. Spook people with it too, I guess.
Can be Tinkered with the Duster for... interesting results.
Damage: 37 (Magic)
Knockback: 3 (Very Weak)
Mana: 24
Critical Strike Chance: 1%
Use Time: 20 (Very Fast)
Velocity: 6
Tooltip: Fires spirits that can steal items from enemies if enough damage is dealt
Inflicts
L2FjB9e.png
Spooked (33% chance, 20-30 seconds) and
mnTjdBI.png
Ultrablaze (4% chance, 8-16 seconds)
Rarity:
Light Purple
Sell: 2 Gold, 36 Silver

Bombling Staff
zii0nGo.png

This staff summons a Lil' Bombling.
ajQppuw.png

These guys move around a lot like the enemy does, and attack in very much the same way. The Bombling's head flies both a little faster and farther than the Bombin' Jack's do, making it easier for them to hit fast targets. On impact, the heads explode with the size of a Bomb, dealing large damage and starting massive fires. However, it'll take a second for their heads to grow back, and they don't deal contact damage; any whiffs on their part will NOT go unnoticed.

Damage: 92 (Summon)
Knockback: 1.5 (Very Strong)
Mana: 20
Critical Strike Chance: 18%
Use Time: 34 (Slow)
Velocity: 13.5
Tooltip: Summons a lil' Bombling to fight for you.
Grants Bombling
GSIAIxQ.png
(The Bombling will fight for you.)
Inflicts On Fire!
1OeozAy.png
(Boom, 60%, 8-14 seconds)
Rarity:
Pink
Sell: 1 Gold, 50 Silver

Ectoblaster (Thank @MadCat for this idea!)
FZaL6y1.png

Dropped by Whack-a-Jacks after Plantera is defeated.
This... is a Ranged weapon. It does NOT use Mana.
It uses... Ectoplasm.
I know where the front door is, thanks. Not like this is my thread or anything.
This weapon is essentially the Whack-a-Jack's Spectral Breath attack split in two:
nwzP6dg.png

9aybGeQ.png
Firing normally will shoot a tiny Spectral Blast that moves at an average velocity and does decent damage. However, you can hold the button down to charge the blast for up to a second, granting it a maximum of 100% increased size, damage, knockback and velocity, depending on how long you charge it.
nHAOlbB.png
Holding Alt-fire will fire a constant stream of Spectral "gas", so to speak, which you think would work like the Flamethrower's projectiles (especially since I made the comparison earlier), but actually function more so like the Rocket Spear special in Starbound; spears with the special could shoot out a slow-moving stream of an elemental gas while holding Alt-Fire. Each hit would deal the same amount of damage as an uncharged shot with the normal attack, but it would be, well, continuous, allowing for decent crowd control.
nwzP6dg.png

For both attacks, the kicker, as you say, is that all of the projectiles decelerate at a speed of 33% per second, disappearing once they stop. What this means is, you should be putting quotation marks around "Ranged", because this weapon excels at any distance, save for EXTREME DISTANCE.
A very flexible and powerful weapon, but the ammo you need for it is not the most plentiful in the world. Maybe whip out the Burning Spirit if you're not gonna be a Spectre Mage.
Type: Weapon
Damage: 96 (Ranged, pierces Defense)
Knockback: 5 (Average)
Critical Chance: 6%
Use Time: 42 (Very Slow)
Velocity: 9
Tooltip: Haunt your enemies with the souls of their loved ones
Inflicts:
mnTjdBI.png
Spectral (66% chance, 12-24 seconds)
Rarity:
Lime
Sell: 3
tFpFAhA.gif

Pumpkin Bomb (Thank @MadCat for this idea!)
VEo4ypC.png

Dropped by Whack-a-Jack, and can be crafted using a Grenade, 3 Pumpkins and 1 Gel.
Works like a Grenade, with the explosion of a Bomb.
These bombs have a good chance of Spooking enemies, though it's not guaranteed. The explosions can also occasionally set foes On Fire!, and remove the Danger Sense buff from players in PvP.
The bombs themselves explode after two seconds, bounce more than normal Grenades typically do, and do
NOT destroy blocks.
Type: Weapon
Damage: 74 (Thrown)
Knockback: 6.5 (Strong)
Critical Chance: 8%
Use Time: 38 (Very Slow)
Velocity: 7
Tooltip: Gives goosebumps goosebumps.
Inflicts
L2FjB9e.png
Spooked (85% chance, 6-12 seconds) and On Fire!
1OeozAy.png
(15% chance, 8-16 seconds)
Rarity: Light Red
Sell: 30
D4FkpVx.gif

Spooky Mask
CoQBkeN.png
Dl6Oks7.png

Wow, man, I'm feeling thoroughly spooked right now.
Any enemies that come within 10 blocks of you have a chance of becoming Spooked.
If you get hit, a Halloween Spirit will fly out for every 25 damage you take from the hit, up to 4 Spirits with 100 damage.
Type: Accessory
Damage: 25 (Magic, pierces defense)
Inflicts
L2FjB9e.png
Spooked (Radius, 35% chance, 3-6 seconds)
(Halloween Spirits, 100% chance, 7-14 seconds)

mnTjdBI.png
Spectral (Halloween Spirits, 15% chance, 8-16 seconds)

Tooltip: Spooks enemies that approach you
Taking a hit sends Halloween Spirits out to do the spooking for you

Rarity:
Light Purple
Sell: 2
tFpFAhA.gif

nwzP6dg.png

Hah, right. Forgot about these. Should be the last things.
New Debuffs!
Gutsy
BIIu2Nt.png

Ah, jeez, this stuff's like monkey glue.
Effects: Vertical speed is halved, horizontal speed is reduced by 15%, and dashes are disabled.
Cannot jump off of Gutsy blocks.

Immune Enemies:
Ghosts
Anything that's immune to the Ichor debuff
All bosses and event bosses, excluding the Spooky Legion

Spooked
L2FjB9e.png

Fighting enemies is suddenly a lot less enticing.
Effects: -12% damage, each new enemy that hits you while the debuff is inflicted inflicts an additional -6% damage.
Entities that contribute to the additional damage penalty are Players, NPCs, Enemies, Minions, Sentries, and the Companion Cube; Minions and Sentries only contribute -3% (which gets divided by the numbers of players in the world in Multiplayer), but the Companion Cube sets the penalty straight to -99%, which is the maximum.
Also grants you a 40% running speed boost.

Immune Enemies:
Pumpkin Moon enemies

Ultrablaze
1uQY2JA.png

The brightest fire in existence─and the HOTTEST, YEOUCH!!!
Effects: Does a whopping 20 damage per second in the form of rapid 1s.
Makes you glow cyan so strongly that you're COMPLETELY unable to see what's going on within a 6-block radius of your character! It'll start to fade after 6 blocks, but it's still a hindrance up until 9 blocks.

Immune Enemies:
Underworld enemies
Anything resistant to Frostburn

nwzP6dg.png

Oh Would Ya Look At That; I Actually Finished This Thing
HAHAH! SEE? I CAN FINISH A SUGGESTION!
I JUST NEED THREE YEARS.
Ok, seriously though, holy :red: did I go overboard with the content. Had to scrap a lot of that, including the Green Devil, which went on to be in 2 other suggestions after this one. There were also the NPC Costumes that I never actually got around to adding on to.
Let's just say I haven't forgotten about those. If I did, they'd still be on this thread.

Anyways, thank you for reeeaaadiiing, and sorry for making everything so overly verbose. I tried a new way to format Normal Mode VS Expert Mode stuff, and I also made an (admittedly minimal) effort to make long descriptions more readable, so, uh, feedback on that would be appreciated. Along with, y'know, feedback on the Spooky Legion stuff.

(And because I know someone's gonna bring it up, yes, I know this is still kind of an oversaturated event. I'm workin' on it. Kinda.)
This is a really great suggestion, I hope it gets added in Journey's End!

• Love
Back
Top Bottom