Votes: 33 66.0%
  • Not a fan

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Wish I had it

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Other (post in thread below)

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
Thanks for the info on changing appearance. Much happier now I've done that. Sunglasses and a rainbow shirt looked nice when I made the character, but it looks absolutely ridiculous wearing sunglasses at times and places where not even I would wear sunglasses. (I'm an Aussie, so sunglasses are practically part of our uniform.) Now I can actually see character emotion and the character has a skeleton shirt instead.

Now I've recovered from my earlier boo-boo with grass and silos, I'm actually doing proper farming. The game does have some drip-feeding of new content - some stuff only becomes available in later years. But now in the second year I'm doing things 'properly', it seems like a lot of content can be accessed/completed rather quickly. Not much to do then aside from waiting for a season change to catch that last fish or something?

Moving onto the desert...
Is there much use to the Skull Cavern? I got to level 25 and got the reward. Through some lucky chutes, I made it to level 33. But it seems to only be pseudo-random mine layouts? At best, all you can hope for is some iridium ore / bars from slimes? Even the iridium doesn't seem to get more common as you get deeper - I've seen only one iridium ore vein so far. Everything else (ore, stone, geodes, gems) you're better off obtaining from the mines, where they are both more common and safer/easier to obtain.

Basically: Is there something / anything aside from iridium that makes the Skull Cavern worth it? Don't really want to know what there is; just want to know if there is something. :)

Only bother with the skull cavern if you have high luck. It's basically a source of monsters and iridium. The best source of iridium actually. If you go in there just any old day you will be wasting your time and resources.

Also. There is no limit to how far you can go down.

Kq18OhX.jpg
HcbdOZ7.jpg

Dirty rotten filthy stinking rich

Don't actually do this though, it kills all the fun

It's definitely worth it, as every 10 levels the ores spawn a lot more often, and they become very common at around level 60-70

Last edited:
Thanks again for the info!
With regards to the Skull Cavern, I found iridium ore veins at levels 6 and 8. Currently my preferred method is to enter level 1 and check for slimes. Kill the slimes - they have a chance of dropping iridium ore/bars. Leave the cavern and repeat. On a good day, I can get about 10 iridium ore doing only that. Not sure if that counts as a good result? On one lucky day, level 2 was a monster infestation level. Slimes and iridium galore! Of course, having the Slime Charmer Ring makes this much easier.
For now, I still prefer the mines. I can easily get ~50 gold ore in a couple of in-game hours. It provides a reliable source of income. The Void Spirits and Slimes down that far also have a (very low) chance of dropping iridium ore/bars. The Dust Sprites around the midlevels provide a reliable source of coal.
It's a bit of a downer that there is no special reward for completing all the monster slayer goals. Only 3 of them are worth finishing: the flying insects (Insect Head sword - fantastic if you can get it early due to its speed; it'll carry you through all the way to level 100, whereupon you get the Obsidian Sword to finish the remaining levels with), slimes (Slime Charmer ring) and dust sprites (ring that makes loot drop more frequently from monsters). The rest are cosmetic.

@4chan: Did the Ancient Fruit grow from Ancient Seeds?

Thanks again for the info!
With regards to the Skull Cavern, I found iridium ore veins at levels 6 and 8. Currently my preferred method is to enter level 1 and check for slimes. Kill the slimes - they have a chance of dropping iridium ore/bars. Leave the cavern and repeat. On a good day, I can get about 10 iridium ore doing only that. Not sure if that counts as a good result? On one lucky day, level 2 was a monster infestation level. Slimes and iridium galore! Of course, having the Slime Charmer Ring makes this much easier.
For now, I still prefer the mines. I can easily get ~50 gold ore in a couple of in-game hours. It provides a reliable source of income. The Void Spirits and Slimes down that far also have a (very low) chance of dropping iridium ore/bars. The Dust Sprites around the midlevels provide a reliable source of coal.
It's a bit of a downer that there is no special reward for completing all the monster slayer goals. Only 3 of them are worth finishing: the flying insects (Insect Head sword - fantastic if you can get it early due to its speed; it'll carry you through all the way to level 100, whereupon you get the Obsidian Sword to finish the remaining levels with), slimes (Slime Charmer ring) and dust sprites (ring that makes loot drop more frequently from monsters). The rest are cosmetic.

@4chan: Did the Ancient Fruit grow from Ancient Seeds?
Yea. The packet, not the artifact. Then you can use Seed Maker to produce more seeds --> win.

Yea. The packet, not the artifact. Then you can use Seed Maker to produce more seeds --> win.
I never considered using the seed maker to make more of them. :) (Was wondering how 4chan could have gotten so many given they're a rare artefact.)

Edit: Do they grow anytime or only in a particular season?

I never considered using the seed maker to make more of them. :) (Was wondering how 4chan could have gotten so many given they're a rare artefact.)

Edit: Do they grow anytime or only in a particular season?
I don't really know since I stick them in the Greenhouse, but they grow in every season except winter according to the wiki.

Did the Ancient Fruit grow from Ancient Seeds?
Yes
You can get them very easily by farming crops that give multiple crops and throwing them all into the seed maker, since it has about a 1 in 200 chance to give ancient seed packet(s) instead of the regular crops.
They grow Spring - Autumn, taking 28 days to mature and give fruit every 7-8 days.
If you're minmaxing then your best bet is to spam them as much as you can in the greenhouse until you get a few hundred seeds and plant them all on the 1st day of the next Spring.

So relaxing game, because i started on 14th march 2016, and i bought it to my dear british friend, week after i started, and i was halfway on mines, and i need focus on friendship more often. :)
[doublepost=1460724656,1460724601][/doublepost]But btw Ery, would you add me on steam. -_-

Next patch, Shane and Emily will be the new.... ba-something and ba-something-ette. Kinda sad for Clint but I'm on the Shane train.
Anyway, anyone knows what happen when you decide to go Joja run? What do you get on that route?

Next patch, Shane and Emily will be the new.... ba-something and ba-something-ette. Kinda sad for Clint but I'm on the Shane train.
Anyway, anyone knows what happen when you decide to go Joja run? What do you get on that route?
Yeah i know that already!

[Minor spoilers] I'm trying to make a museum-like farm, because that's just what I do in these sort of games. ^^
  1. Does anyone know if giant crops die after their season ends?
  2. Does anyone know if giant mushrooms die after autumn finishes?
If the giant crops die, I'll have to put them in the greenhouse. Not much I can do about the giant mushrooms if they die. I now have two meteorites in my farm. One hit empty space and I built around it; the second clobbered some crops. Both were in the upper middle area, making me wonder if there's a limited area they're allowed to strike. I'd assume there's some basic logic to say it can't land on a building, in a lake, out of the screen or block entrances.

Kinda sad for Clint but I'm on the Shane train.
Serves Clint right for never being open and for charging ridiculous fees for upgrading tools. :)

In an update, I'd like to see a few things:
  1. More crops. Including a few crops for winter, maybe 4-6 of them. (Compared to 10-12 in other seasons.) There are some common real-life food that aren't crops in the game: carrots, rice, peas.
  2. Ability to craft cooking ingredients. Seems strange the only way to obtain Wheat Flour, Oil and Vinegar is from the store. I grow Wheat; why can't I mill it? Oil from fish? Vinegar from grapes?
  3. Tell me where to catch a fish. The villager posts "I have a craving for [fish]" and doesn't tell you when and where to find it. How can I catch the fish if I don't know? Silly Sigma, you check the Wiki! Maybe a possible exception for Willy because he wants people to get out there and fish.

What? That exists?
Yes
According to the Wiki, pine trees have a random chance of becoming of becoming a giant red mushroom when autumn starts. The details of when or if they disappear are unclear. I've seen one before, but this was my first year and I couldn't reach it - the farm was too overgrown. It's no longer there. I think I accidentally destroyed it, but I'm not certain.

• Does anyone know if giant crops die after their season ends?
  • Does anyone know if giant mushrooms die after autumn finishes?
I did some testing!
The giant mushroom died partway through winter, so they must have a limited lifespan. It's worth noting that the pine tree changed to a giant mushroom partway through autumn and died partway through winter. This suggests they may have a fixed lifespan of 28 days or similar.
A giant cauliflower from spring did not die when summer arrived, so I am assuming they do not wither on seasonal change.

Time for some NPC conspiracies. :)
Sandy admitted that her real name isn't Sandy. I'm going to go for the obvious and guess her real name is Sandra.
The Wizard mentioned that he thinks one of the girls in the village is his daughter. I didn't think much of it - probably a throwaway line, right? Well... then Caroline (Pierre's wife, mother of Abigail) said that when they first moved to the village, she used to take walks out to the Wizard's Tower. Now consider that Abigail kind of looks similar to the Wizard... no wonder Caroline warns you that Pierre "gets jealous" if you mention the Wizard! Seems Marnie and Lewis aren't the only ones with a secret relationship.

Edit: Abigail also says that rubies "look delicious" if given one. Umm... OK?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom