• Not a fan

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Wish I had it

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Other (post in thread below)

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
Yay!

Do you happen to have a link to a changelog or list of features, etc.? I can't watch videos.
Copied straight from reddit:
*Farm Layouts:
-Standard Farm (Farming/Default)
A simple plot of land with a large amount of open space to design your farm.
-Riverland Farm (Fishing-oriented)
Your farm is spread across several islands and scenic riverbanks. Fish are more common here than usual.
-Forest Farm (Foraging-orented)
The woods limit your farming space. However, the bounty of the forest is nearly at your doorstep.
-Hill-top Farm (Mining-oriented)
Rocky terrain and a winding river make it difficult to design your farm. However, a mineral deposit provides mining opportunity.
-Wilderness Farm (Combat-oriented)
There's plenty of good land here, but beware... at night the monsters...
*New buildings:
-Shed: An open-ended room that you can do anything you want with, including decorating.
-Mill: Turns wheat into flour and beets into sugar.

...and a few, expensive, end-game buildings.

*Shane and Emily available to marry

*Void Mayonnaise

*Honey into mead

And outside of this video, from a PAX West thread by /u/sirboulevard :

*New furniture

*A world map to put on the wall

*Spouse area above the shipping crate

*Coffee

*Console ports (Wii U, PS4, Xbone) will be ready "around the holidays."

*Multi-player ready "sometime next year, probably. Hopefully early next year... but no guarantees."

*1.1 update "about a month from now."
Quote is split into 2 because too long, maybe.

Thanks Mihn!

The farm layouts sound interesting. I wonder how that will be implemented and how much it'll affect the game. The new buildings definitely have my interest! They'll probably be more upgrades like a bigger barn or a player-created greenhouse or something... maybe even something aesthetic like a spa... Any excuse to go back to the Skull Cavern, right?

This bit in particular caught my eye: "Mill Turns wheat into flour and beets into sugar." I've always wondered why this wasn't originally in the game. A farmer that can't make his own flour or sugar, but can make cheese and wine? Personally, I'd make sugar cane a crop instead.

Only one month to wait? Perfect: I can finish my prison in Prison Architect and get all the new stuff in Terraria 1.3.3 in the meantime. :)

i have this game collecting dust in my library.. bought because of the love for harvest moon, i have been planning to play it but it has so much things to do that i dunno what to do first :/

i have this game collecting dust in my library.. bought because of the love for harvest moon, i have been planning to play it but it has so much things to do that i dunno what to do first :/
I just explored the mines most of the time while waiting for the seasons to pass

are there any missables in-game? it annoys me when i missed something and have to restart the game

are there any missables in-game? it annoys me when i missed something and have to restart the game
There's only a certain cutscence you can miss on Year 1 if you don't have a high enough relationship with someone.

There's only a certain cutscence you can miss on Year 1 if you don't have a high enough relationship with someone.

Is that the return of Kent (Jodi's husband) from the war? Cause when he first appeared and greeted me, I expected him to punch my character and make it clear I need to back off from his wife. Turns out he's a nice enough guy, but you can still practically schmooze with his wife while he's away...

Is that the return of Kent (Jodi's husband) from the war? Cause when he first appeared and greeted me, I expected him to punch my character and make it clear I need to back off from his wife. Turns out he's a nice enough guy, but you can still practically schmooze with his wife while he's away...
If you 3 hearts Sam in year 1 and go to the beach, Vincent will ask if his dad would come home. This can't be triggered in year 2 or later because, well, Kent is there.

I'm a few days late to this (I've been ill), but v1.1.1 has also been released.
Link is for the changelog on the wiki. In brief, the following was changed:
  • All farms provide fishing
  • All farms give digging spots
  • A Wicked Statue in a Slime Hutch prevents the witch visiting it
  • Some bugfixes, but nothing that seems noteworthy
Spoilers follow!
Has anyone tried the new farm maps? I'm doing a new playthrough with the Forest (Foraging) farm. This looks like it provides a good range of opportunity. There's space for buildings - e.g. you can put buildings on the grass where you can't plant crops. There's plenty of room for crops. The respawning forage items and logs provide extra resources (and money). Lastly, the increased chance of getting mixed seeds is proving very useful in rapid farm expansion.

The Riverlands and Hilltop farms seem a bit overrated. Getting around is too difficult and there's not enough space. The Riverlands farm does look nice (to quote the release notes), but there's only so much fishing and crab potting a person can do. The Wilderness farm is kind of redundant considering other farms can also have monsters spawn.
But that led me to think more about ways the farms can be diversified and made more special. At a high level:
  • Riverlands: New crops that can be planted in water, aquaculture
  • Forest: Ability to grow some forage items as crops or fruit trees
  • Hilltop: Can grow some crops on the cliffs for increased production
  • Wilderness: New crops that can grow in winter
That then led to an idea of expanding the farms, giving each 3 unique crops, a crafting recipe, building and perk that aren't available to other farms. I'm still tweaking and finishing the idea -- I don't want any particular farm to more viable than the others. Instead, I'm trying to play up their respective strengths. Does anyone like this idea?

As for the end game stuff... Nothing overly revelational. The Golden Clock amuses me because it's like SV added something that was been requested in Terraria since forever (something to stop biome spread). Both have the effect of putting the farm/world in stasis. The cost of these new constructions means it's unlikely I'd play long enough to get them. The new areas have nothing of note; only some new fish. Not that this is bad; it just means the strength of SV is still in the early-mid game instead of late game.

Well that must been quick update, because i did update my most favourite game Starbound too, and Terraria as well. :)

I've almost finished 1 year in the forage/woodlands map. And damn is this thing overpowered (insomuch as a farm can be overpowered). Instead of waiting until I have a Steel Axe to get into the Secret Woods, I have all the hardwood I'll ever need from the 8 stumps that respawn everyday on the farm with only a Copper Axe. Massive sequence breaking; you can get so many hardwood items so early.* There's also a small chance of forage items appearing on the farm. Combine that with on-farm berry bushes, forage bonuses and a mushroom cave and foraging items have been more profitable for me so far than crops. I collected over 400 blackberries in one autumn.

A big difference this time is that I'm selling most of why I find/grow instead of keeping it. The money is flowing much more reliably now and I'm not having problems with it like I did on my first farm.

I'm thinking of trying the mining/hilltop farm next. We'll see if minerals and ores can be even more profitable...

Do many people go for marriage in-game? From what I've read, there are some perks, e.g. random items, maybe they'll water your crops for you. But there also seem to be downsides too: jealousy and your spouse can redecorate your house randomly. I'm just not interested in marriage. Maybe it's because none of the singles are particularly attractive to my in-game character. Bit of a bummer that marriage is required for a Stardrop. Perhaps the Stardrop should be awarded on reaching 8+ hearts with everyone instead so a player isn't forced into marriage**.

* Hardwood is available from other sources, but to the best of my knowledge, the Secret Woods is the most reliable and largest resource of hardwood. On the forage farm, you can get 16 hardwood per day with only a Copper Axe, so you don't need to go deep into the mines for iron and get a Steel Axe. It allows you to get many artisan processors, totems, the Stable, house upgrade and the Worm Bin far earlier.
** I know there are divorce options now, but that requires even more work. :)

And good side of forest, because you can gather these berries, mushrooms, and even you can pick up way too hard to get fern, very early on first summer. :)

And good side of forest, because you can gather these berries, mushrooms, and even you can pick up way too hard to get fern, very early on first summer. :)
Hardwood is still the best thing the map has to offer. And now since you can build on grass and chop off some trees (1.11), this map got even better.

Back
Top Bottom