Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Wish I had it

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Other (post in thread below)

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

Jenosis

Empress of Light
As title implies this is where you can share and discuss things about Stardew Valley and share any secrets you've found (be sure to put plot stuff in spoilers for a few weeks because everyone may not be at a certain point in the game).

I've played it for around 6 hours, and I got it yesterday. I'm in the first summer.
I love this game.
I'm in my first winter currently. I've pretty much spent the whole winter fishing and foraging with the occasional visit to the mines for gems and stuff

I'm on my first winter and I had already finished the mines back in early summer and almost maxed all my skills. Aside from winter being nothing but fishing for the collections tab, the last little bundles I have to finish and sleeping, Winter.....well its boring. There's nothing to really do and I cant find myself wanting to play.

Don't get me wrong, the game is amazing and well worth the full price in my opinion. I've heard rumors of co-op and that just blows my mind. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm on my first winter and I had already finished the mines back in early summer and almost maxed all my skills. Aside from winter being nothing but fishing for the collections tab, the last little bundles I have to finish and sleeping, Winter.....well its boring. There's nothing to really do and I cant find myself wanting to play.

Don't get me wrong, the game is amazing and well worth the full price in my opinion. I've heard rumors of co-op and that just blows my mind. I'm looking forward to it.
I hope we get co-op because that sounds like it could be really fun to have.

I thought I'd revisit this thread (sorry for double posting on this):

So recently I got the skeleton key and fixed the bus so I could go to the desert; I came across a door that the key unlocks and it's a super hard dungeon.
Anyways I'm finding myself having trouble trying to play the game because almost all of the content is Earlygame and there's little to almost nothing endgame-wise.

Another thing that I and @Shadowlesswanderer have thought about is the fact there really isn't much to do in winter other than mining/fishing/foraging/festivity days.
I kind of wish we could have snowball fights or even make snowmen in the winter time. Also as I'm now finding out there's not much to marriage in this game other than "Hey game are you happy I married someone and had kids with them now?" Which leads me to another thing that really doesn't make any sense whatsoever: there's not an adoption option for same-sex or m/f couples.

Also as I'm now finding out there's not much to marriage in this game other than "Hey game are you happy I married someone and had kids with them now?" Which leads me to another thing that really doesn't make any sense whatsoever: there's not an adoption option for same-sex or m/f couples.

I remember reading somewhere (on the steam discussions i believe) that the marriage content was kind of shoved in there without being fully done so its kinda lacking. At least I think thats the case.

The marriage thingie is the same thing for almost every harvest moon game whic his very similiar to this game , tho I still don't have this game, Gabe sale pl0x

I played quite a bit, restarted twice because reasons, and now I'm just starting Fall in year 1
Got to the end of the mines in late summer
Got married to Leah on Fall 1
Having lots of fun, especially during the summer when I was getting so many blueberries every 4 or 5 days and raking in a TON of cash.
Nearly finished the fishing bundle too but I'm just missing a desert fishy. But I spent all my money on upgrades and crops instead of the money bundles >->; Will likely have enough money on harvest day though <3 I planted about 50k worth of seeds on Fall 1. >->;
Currently building multiple silos though so I can raise animals throughout the winter and finish those bundles.
I've actually been to the desert before but it was too late to try to fish and I had to take the bus which isn't even fixed yet back.... guess it was fixed enough to make a trip back to home... I had gotten into the desert at the bottom of the mines >->;

Last edited:
But games are a cheaper on GOG. Buying a game on Steam that has a DRM free version on GOG means you're literally just paying for DRM...

Stardew Valley is exactly the same price on both GoG and steam ($14.99)

The steam version may have DRM, but you get all the updates as soon as they drop and in some games cases, access to the beta version for no extra cost (if there is one) For GoG versions, you have no DRM, but have to wait for updates to actually be put out, and GoG usually isnt very good at doing that quickly.

Stardew Valley is exactly the same price on both GoG and steam ($14.99)

It's 13.99 on Steam and 13.49 on GoG here. As in, Euros. Either way, GoG has better deals during sales.

The steam version may have DRM, but you get all the updates as soon as they drop and in some games cases, access to the beta version for no extra cost (if there is one) For GoG versions, you have no DRM, but have to wait for updates to actually be put out, and GoG usually isnt very good at doing that quickly.

The key word being "some" since others have the opposite effect (delayed updates on Steam).

Anyway, I'd trade DRM for delayed updates any day. Especially when it saves me money.

I love this game sooooo much. It's probably my 2nd favorite game on Steam... next to... well, you know... that one game called Terraria or something.

I bought and played this game over my week-long leave from work. I'm up to spring in my second year. I made a big boo-boo first up - I saw a review that recommended building a silo so you could clear grass for hay. Since the farm was full of grass, I didn't clear much, waiting to build a silo. Then I found out at winter from a friend that you get clay from digging holes... Oh well. Won't make that mistake again.

Is there a way to change the appearance of your character after creation? (Hair, eyes, clothing, etc.)

Also to note on the reward on the bottom of the mines (from above)...
... the Skull Key also gives access to a new arcade game in the Saloon. I suspect that's a red herring on purpose, especially since the journal doesn't update.

The game is everything I expected it to be. But I can pretty much only play it on days off. The only problem I have with the game is the stupid fishing mechanic. While I "got gud" at fishing I still cant say it's a good mechanic..

Also @Sigma90 If you become good friends with the wizard you can use his lab to change your appearance.

Is there a way to change the appearance of your character after creation? (Hair, eyes, clothing, etc.)
Indeed there is

Get the wizard up to 4 hearts (I recommend gifting him Void Essences), then go to the top of his house and into the hatch there. Inside is a thing that lets you change your appearance for 500g.

Back
Top Bottom