tModLoader The Stars Above - 'Conquer the world's evils, Starfarers at your side.'

What should be the next addition?

• More weapons

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • More bosses

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Starfarer Active Abilities

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello. Been playin this mod for a while and having fun with it, but the last run I did was the first time I went with the Astral Starfarer and got the Key of the King's Law for the first time. For some reason when I went to try and reforge it to get a prefix caused the game to crash. Did it twice and it consistently crashed whenever I hit the reforge button. Not exactly sure what was going on with that.

Your mod is good but, Can you add a setting where you can lock the GUI so you can't move it? I move the starfarer Gui while on a big boss fight sometimes and it takes a while to move it back. Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is a glitch with the mod or if this is just enigma being weird, but I'm now post golem and I haven't gotten a single prism from enemies. This might just be enigma causing issues, but I felt like I should say this to be sure

I'm not sure if this is a glitch with the mod or if this is just enigma being weird, but I'm now post golem and I haven't gotten a single prism from enemies. This might just be enigma causing issues, but I felt like I should say this to be sure
Should be fixed with the latest update.

I've been checking the update log daily since v0.7 and i always squeel like a child when i see a new update, words cannot describe how much i love this passion project. Keep up the good work man, love it.

Hey! Thank you for the mod — and just as nice — the speedy updates. Over the course of a ~100 hour playthrough I completed in the last two weeks, I've seen a pleasant amount of new content. Onto some comments I've had brewing while playing though. First off I felt fairly restrained by the inability to play with /just/ Umbral weapons, I only got to taste up to Wall of Flesh Astral weaponry. It's a big component of the mod but maybe add a Post-ML/WoL option for that? Sort of like the damage type alteration. Secondly and more personal(read: just to fill out this paragraph), Jhin outclasses Der Freischutz by a MASSIVE amount, those two weapons are worlds apart despite being a part of roughly the same phase of the game. Those are the only issue(if you can call them that!) I found with that aspect of the mod. Lots of fun references, even some super niche ones.

As for bosses — Ink Witch's theme is my favorite for reasons obvious for song choice. But the casted attacks system feels a little weird. The damage isn't instant after the cast timer ends like in FF14 so I feel a little gimped for feeling urgency in escaping an attack. Mind you, I was playing on a server so that might have been a part of the issue but generally this seemed to be a large part of the Nalhaun fight. Ars Laevateinn has this weird segmented casting time? One timer once the attack appears and another for the spin to occur. Maybe I missed something there.

As for the meat of the Stellar system. The Array and Novas. The Stellar Array is pretty good, as far as I've seen the numbers feel balanced, the Queen Bee passive being nerfed as I felt it should have. However, Nalhaun's passive feels weak, at least for bossing there seems to be no point to running it(when everything else has some applicability in a 1v1 fight). Novas, I think that the big counter attack should have more effects to make proccing it accurate. The glow isn't very noticeable and sound clip gets drowned by boss fights, especially in later stages(+Calamity Post ML content).

Speaking of compat with certain mods. Specifically difficulty tweaks. I would /love/ for Calamity big difficulty settings to add or lock certain aspects of the mod. Like losing stellar nova upon getting hit for massive damage, increasing damage to match. Array alterations, the works. But! Most importantly.

Wow, what a fun experience. Honest.

Looking for help on an issue im having, a couple weapons immediatly crash my game when i use them, xenoblade and hullwhrought , im on mac if thats needed

Looking for help on an issue im having, a couple weapons immediatly crash my game when i use them, xenoblade and hullwhrought , im on mac if thats needed
Unless I'm mistaken, I think Mac version is a bit weird, but I can't be too sure. I only think I remember reading about it somewhere...

I don't know if I did something wrong, but I killed skeleton before queen bee, and I'm not getting any essence from killing skeletron again. Afterward, I tried going to a new world and killing him, I got a new dialogue that I never saw, something about her getting things ready, and then nothing happened. So IDK if I did something wrong. It is my first time trying this mod out, and id instead not restart, but if it is necessary to play the mod, I'm okay with it. Honestly Idk what to do I think it is progression locked as in you need to go by a boss checklist or something

Last edited:
I don't know if I did something wrong, but I killed skeleton before queen bee, and I'm not getting any essence from killing skeletron again. Afterward, I tried going to a new world and killing him, I got a new dialogue that I never saw, something about her getting things ready, and then nothing happened. So IDK if I did something wrong. It is my first time trying this mod out, and id instead not restart, but if it is necessary to play the mod, I'm okay with it. Honestly Idk what to do I think it is progression locked as in you need to go by a boss checklist or something
I can't understand why this is happening; I've never encountered anything like this.
Best I can say is to make sure you're using the latest version. I think the newest update changed the Spacial Disk menu; there's now an option to review the messages you get from your Starfarer whenever you beat a boss, including being able to receive any essences you, for whatever reason, don't already have or have gotten, so if you've already beaten Skeletron in a world, then the message and essence should be acquirable through these means. Try this out, let me know if it works or not. I'm curious.

Also, no, you can fight the bosses in any order. You could go from making a new world straight to Wall of Flesh, and there would be no issues.

But ultimately, what I say should be taken with a grain of salt. PaperLuigi is the one you want a response from the most, as they're the one who made the mod. I just thought I'd give my two cents on it.

I can't understand why this is happening; I've never encountered anything like this.
Best I can say is to make sure you're using the latest version. I think the newest update changed the Spacial Disk menu; there's now an option to review the messages you get from your Starfarer whenever you beat a boss, including being able to receive any essences you, for whatever reason, don't already have or have gotten, so if you've already beaten Skeletron in a world, then the message and essence should be acquirable through these means. Try this out, let me know if it works or not. I'm curious.

Also, no, you can fight the bosses in any order. You could go from making a new world straight to Wall of Flesh, and there would be no issues.

But ultimately, what I say should be taken with a grain of salt. PaperLuigi is the one you want a response from the most, as they're the one who made the mod. I just thought I'd give my two cents on it.
Ok, I reloaded my world, and I left-clicked with my disk, and I got all the souls I was promised ty.

I just beat Nalhaun, The Burnished King today, and I gotta say this is one of the best mods I've ever played in my life! The only gripes I have so far are two multiplayer issues and the Memento Muse Overhaul situation, but I saw that one was addressed earlier, and all of these are really just minor annoyances more than anything.
One of the multiplayer issues is that the Vagrant's border sometimes (or always, it's hard to tell) teleports everybody when one person touches it, which makes the fight a bit more complicated. The other is that something weird was going on with the dialogue for both Vagrant and Burnished King, where only I, the host, got to read it at first. I have very little information on that one since we only unlock the dialogue once, but I suppose we'll prepare for it and try to spot what's causing it and what's fixing it when we fight the Witch.

Last edited:
I think you should add some respawn messages, maybe even some specific to bosses, for lore and story. And maybe some sort of like, Starfarer superboss like asphodene and eridani's trial where they fight you to help you train lorewise, maybe have them use the starfarer abilities and novas you've unlocked, maybe have their brother join the fight later. Maybe even have them use some other power they gained from bosses, since they already unlock stellar novas from beating bosses (also whats the lore behind that i really can't wait for that lore-wise) i personally think it makes sense they personally power up as well. Also here's an idea for a unique active ability, maybe you could have your starfarer join you in a fight for a minute or so, they could power up along side you and use certain stars above weapons. The trade off could be not being able to use stellar novas and maybe have passive abilities weakened, but they could be targeted by bosses to help ease the damage on you. You could probably lock that behind a new boss (maybe have a second fight with the brother after he's found you worthy) and it could be something like a shard that was holding back their powers lore-wise. And maybe add some town npcs, they would be cool. Thank you for listening to my tangent, i hope you found some new ideas from this, i really love this mod so so much and take it from me that suggesting stuff is something i only do with things i absolutely adore. I can't wait to see what's next in game and in lore especially, and even if you don't add anything from this, I still want to say thank you for listening and making this mod. Have a good day.

Last edited:
I don't know if you guys have a discord or a place where it's specific to ask questions, but can you tell me where I get the Prismatic Cores? I am receiving several essences that depend on it, and I am not able to find this material.

I found a bug. It's possible to use hollowheart albion while having the cursed debuff and arondigth will shoot extremely quickly

Attachments

• 20211119180417_1.jpg
    20211119180417_1.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 125
Hello, me and my brother are doing a playthrough of a world with Calamity and The Stars Above installed, along with some other quality of life mods. We tried to fight the Warrior of Light (great reference by the way, love me some final fantasy 14), and there seems to be a bug where 2 seconds after spawn he becomes invincible and we cannot deal damage to it, neither despawn him by dying. Has anyone else encountered this before or is it just me? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom