tModLoader The Stars Above - 'Conquer the world's evils, Starfarers at your side.'

What should be the next addition?

• More weapons

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • More bosses

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Starfarer Active Abilities

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that the Stars Above's popularity has gotten to the point that Japanese people on YouTube are actually showcasing it... I would really like to say that a Discord server would be worth it right about now but that's not the case.

Is a wiki for the Stars Above within the realm of possibility? It would be nice to not have people resort to CheatSheet or something to see what all these wonderful toys weapons can do...
People have come to me with discord ideas but as someone with prior experience, moderating a server of any size is a bit of a headache. It's only me, so not having to worry about that is helpful. As for the wiki idea, an entire wiki would be hard to maintain, but I may end up making something like a Google Doc to fit all the information in it.

Probably a very stupid question but im new to the mod and im trying to figure out the steller nova system i assigned the keybind and hold the disk but nothing happen? am i doing something wrong?
When in combat, you will slowly gain Stellar Nova Energy (denoted by a bar under your inventory) that can be used to activate the Stellar Novas once it's full. I'll try to make it more clear in a future update.
Update:
Any bow that can be drawn in this mod (eg. Longbow and Plenilune Gaze) freezes/crashes the game
This is probably a mod conflict; I'll try and see what I can fix on my end. These were made pretty early on, so some bugs may be hiding.

can i get some help, when i equip a stellar nova the bar below the inventory doesnt appear on all my characters, but when my friend equips one he can use his stellar nova so i was wondering if this was a bug with the mod.

can i get some help, when i equip a stellar nova the bar below the inventory doesnt appear on all my characters, but when my friend equips one he can use his stellar nova so i was wondering if this was a bug with the mod.
I'm not totally sure what the issue can be, but I'm going to try and add resolution-scaling to the placement of the bar. It'll be updated soon.

if this helps at all iam on a mac and i can still use the novas but cant see the bar also when i am fully charged i get the stellar nova ready alert above my characters

Ran into a bug after crafting a weapon it would seem the nevermore and the kazimierz seraphim are basically the exact same weapon doing the rotating blade that the second weapon is meant to do only change visible is the staff swings for the nevermore instead of a sword

I have yet to find any glitches in the update, but that could be because I haven't played with it enough yet. I'm planning on playing multiplayer soon, so if I find any issues, I'll report. The only problem I've had is that the stellar nova feels like it takes too long to fill up. I was able to go most of the way through calamity boss rush by the time it filled. That's probably just me though.

Ran into a bug after crafting a weapon it would seem the nevermore and the kazimierz seraphim are basically the exact same weapon doing the rotating blade that the second weapon is meant to do only change visible is the staff swings for the nevermore instead of a sword
The Nevermore is a WIP item that I'm working on right now and should be uncraftable.. unless I messed up somewhere. Sorry.
I have yet to find any glitches in the update, but that could be because I haven't played with it enough yet. I'm planning on playing multiplayer soon, so if I find any issues, I'll report. The only problem I've had is that the stellar nova feels like it takes too long to fill up. I was able to go most of the way through calamity boss rush by the time it filled. That's probably just me though.
It's hard to modify the energy values without making things too strong, but I can take a look at the higher-priced abilities and change them around.

Not sure if i understand the ability wrong or what counts as "applicable outgoing damage" or if the tier 3 Stellar Ability "Beyond Infinity" dosnt work. I understand it as having double damage as long as im at Max HP but testing on normal Training Dummies and Calamitys Super dummys i get to the same DPS values with the ability turned off and on. I mean "Weakness Exploit" dosnt do anything to the DPS meter as well but i can see that the 30% damage of the Critical hits are taken directly from the health of the dummy since you can actually see the health bar appear when you have the ability on. Sooo im wondering if its like DoTs and i just cant see the doubled damage on a dps meter, i dont understand how the ability works or it dosnt work yet 😅

Edit: I noticed when i had "Healthy Confidence" on the damage of my Anti-materiel Rifle spiked on 795/6 HP and went down to the "normal" value immediatly after when i was regenerating HP i thought that maybe Calamitys HP upgrades might be the issue but i had only eaten 3 at this point (Blood orange, Miracle Fruit and Elderberry) aka 75 HP so 795/880 sounds a bit odd if by that logic it should spike at 805HP (unless i got 10 HP from elsewhere and forgot).
i recorded what happened:

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    95.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Unbenannts.PNG
    Unbenannts.PNG
    101.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Not sure if i understand the ability wrong or what counts as "applicable outgoing damage" or if the tier 3 Stellar Ability "Beyond Infinity" dosnt work. I understand it as having double damage as long as im at Max HP but testing on normal Training Dummies and Calamitys Super dummys i get to the same DPS values with the ability turned off and on. I mean "Weakness Exploit" dosnt do anything to the DPS meter as well but i can see that the 30% damage of the Critical hits are taken directly from the health of the dummy since you can actually see the health bar appear when you have the ability on. Sooo im wondering if its like DoTs and i just cant see the doubled damage on a dps meter, i dont understand how the ability works or it dosnt work yet 😅

Edit: I noticed when i had "Healthy Confidence" on the damage of my Anti-materiel Rifle spiked on 795/6 HP and went down to the "normal" value immediatly after when i was regenerating HP i thought that maybe Calamitys HP upgrades might be the issue but i had only eaten 3 at this point (Blood orange, Miracle Fruit and Elderberry) aka 75 HP so 795/880 sounds a bit odd if by that logic it should spike at 805HP (unless i got 10 HP from elsewhere and forgot).
i recorded what happened:
For 'Beyond Infinity' if the Stellar Array was open, the buffs shouldn't apply; but if it was closed, it should. Regardless, I'll look at it and see what's wrong. As for 'Healthy Confidence' I need to look into that further to see what's happening. Thanks for the info.

For 'Beyond Infinity' if the Stellar Array was open, the buffs shouldn't apply; but if it was closed, it should. Regardless, I'll look at it and see what's wrong. As for 'Healthy Confidence' I need to look into that further to see what's happening. Thanks for the info.
I know the abilities dont work if the Stellar Array is open. I did some testing and it appears like Beyond Affinity dosnt work on anything that isnt a regular HP upgrade like Life Crystals Life Fruits and even the Calamity upgrades like Blood orange, Miracle fruit etc. still work but if i equip an Auric tesla chestpiece which gives me 100 bonus HP or activate Avatar of light which gives me half mana to max HP it basicly ignores those bonus values and the damage only gets doubled at like 600/700 (if get the 100 bonus from the Auric tesla chest). Healthy Confidence DOES with Beyond Affinity tho.

I recorded those little tests again hope it helps :>

Edit: Actually Avatar of light seems to cancel the doubled bonus out with the 5% bonus at max HP but it alone also suffers from the same problem that if you have accessoires or armor pieces that give you bonus HP it just ignores those

Last edited:
I know the abilities dont work if the Stellar Array is open. I did some testing and it appears like Beyond Affinity dosnt work on anything that isnt a regular HP upgrade like Life Crystals Life Fruits and even the Calamity upgrades like Blood orange, Miracle fruit etc. still work but if i equip an Auric tesla chestpiece which gives me 100 bonus HP or activate Avatar of light which gives me half mana to max HP it basicly ignores those bonus values and the damage only gets doubled at like 600/700 (if get the 100 bonus from the Auric tesla chest). Healthy Confidence DOES with Beyond Affinity tho.

I recorded those little tests again hope it helps :>

Edit: Actually Avatar of light seems to cancel the doubled bonus out with the 5% bonus at max HP but it alone also suffers from the same problem that if you have accessoires or armor pieces that give you bonus HP it just ignores those
Thank you so much. With my limited knowledge of the update cycle, checking for max life doesn't account for other mod's changes so I'm going to instead modify the buff instead. Expect to see all "Max HP" Effects now activate above or at 500 HP, and I'll see if I need to balance further if it's too OP or not.

If i download this (like i have) do i need to create a new world or is it fine to use a pre-existing world??

Back
Top Bottom