tModLoader The Stars Above - 'Conquer the world's evils, Starfarers at your side.'

What should be the next addition?

• More weapons

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • More bosses

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Starfarer Active Abilities

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eventually, this bug was discovered to actually be from the Dual Wielding mod. So, this is probably a different issue. Do you have mods that you think may be affecting this behavior?
I do not believe so. I am only using two other content mods alongside this one, and neither of them implement any unique gameplay features. If you'd like, I could share my list of currently active mods...? Either this, or I can disable all but The Stars Above, and see if it still keeps up. Now that I think about it, I think this would be easier than sending a modlist...

Edit: I have done just that. Yes, the issue keeps persisting, even without mods. I open up the Stellar Array, pause the game, hit the green button, unpause the game, and suddenly I can no longer interact with the Spacial Disk at all. I can't imagine there's a particularly easy fix for this besides just not pressing the green button when paused.

Last edited:
I do not believe so. I am only using two other content mods alongside this one, and neither of them implement any unique gameplay features. If you'd like, I could share my list of currently active mods...? Either this, or I can disable all but The Stars Above, and see if it still keeps up. Now that I think about it, I think this would be easier than sending a modlist...

Edit: I have done just that. Yes, the issue keeps persisting, even without mods. I open up the Stellar Array, pause the game, hit the green button, unpause the game, and suddenly I can no longer interact with the Spacial Disk at all. I can't imagine there's a particularly easy fix for this besides just not pressing the green button when paused.
Thank you for the testing. If I can find a fix to this issue, I'll implement it straight away.

Time stop after defeating Moon Lord is really intended? I cant finish events like Pumpking Moon without quitting game, and NPCs are not spawning. That`s... frustrating, at least. And there is no info about that.

Spatial Disk worked for me exactly once and it automatically gave me Umbral without opening any kind of GUI. I can no longer use the item under any circumstance.
I have a pretty big modlist going on, so I can only assume it's because of that. None-the-less, for sake of debugging, here's a list. I don't actually expect you to track down what may be causing this because I think it'd be pretty unreasonable, but none-the-less, in case you're curious (major mods in bold):

Expanded Weapons
Magic Storage
Azercadmium Mod
Storm Diver's Additions Mod
Bags
Recipe Browser
The Stars Above (of course)
Elements Awoken
Ancients Awakened
Mod of Redemption

No More Tombs
VeinMiner
Universe Of Bows Mod
Archery Overhaul
Too Many Accessories
Calamity Mod
MrPlague's Authentic Races
Terraria Overhaul
Leveled
Split
AlchemistNPC
Spirit Mod
Boss Checklist
Thorium Mod

Yeah, it's a lot. lol. Like I said, I don't expect you to be able to track the issue down because this is like... everything... but I wanted to pass it on either way.

Hello, do you have a crash log by any chance?
unfortunately, I do not, as my game just shut down immediately after a very long pause where I couldn't do anything, and I have no knowledge of how to find my crash log on my cp system, all I know is it happened right after I hit a demon with a full charged shot, then switched to the melee attack, swung at the affected demon, and then it paused, then subsequently crashed after the pause ended

Time stop after defeating Moon Lord is really intended? I cant finish events like Pumpking Moon without quitting game, and NPCs are not spawning. That`s... frustrating, at least. And there is no info about that.
Thanks for the input. I'll modify the effects of Everlasting Light in 0.6 to make defeating the Warrior of Light (and restoring night) easier.

Spatial Disk worked for me exactly once and it automatically gave me Umbral without opening any kind of GUI. I can no longer use the item under any circumstance.
I have a pretty big modlist going on, so I can only assume it's because of that. None-the-less, for sake of debugging, here's a list. I don't actually expect you to track down what may be causing this because I think it'd be pretty unreasonable, but none-the-less, in case you're curious (major mods in bold):

Expanded Weapons
Magic Storage
Azercadmium Mod
Storm Diver's Additions Mod
Bags
Recipe Browser
The Stars Above (of course)
Elements Awoken
Ancients Awakened
Mod of Redemption

No More Tombs
VeinMiner
Universe Of Bows Mod
Archery Overhaul
Too Many Accessories
Calamity Mod
MrPlague's Authentic Races
Terraria Overhaul
Leveled
Split
AlchemistNPC
Spirit Mod
Boss Checklist
Thorium Mod

Yeah, it's a lot. lol. Like I said, I don't expect you to be able to track the issue down because this is like... everything... but I wanted to pass it on either way.
I've attempted to replicate your mod-list on my end, and I wasn't able to find any issues. However, I was unable to load all the mods at the same time, so there may be combined incompatibilities I didn't find. What I remember is the mod originally being incompatible with the "Leveled" mod, but that has since been addressed in 0.5.15. If you aren't using the latest version, maybe it will fix your problem.

unfortunately, I do not, as my game just shut down immediately after a very long pause where I couldn't do anything, and I have no knowledge of how to find my crash log on my cp system, all I know is it happened right after I hit a demon with a full charged shot, then switched to the melee attack, swung at the affected demon, and then it paused, then subsequently crashed after the pause ended
Thanks for the response. In the event the crash happens again, you can find crash logs in PC > Documents > My Games > Terraria > Logs, assuming you're using a Windows machine. But don't feel pressured to provide one!

I'm using the 64-bit version of tModLoader, it's the only way I was able to run so many mods.

I made sure everything was updated. It's possible I'm not understanding how to use this mod fully. Where can I use the Disk? Is it anywhere? Do I need to be near anything or have anything else in my inventory? Do I hold the item and then click, or do I click it in my inventory? Does it have any dependencies?

No worries if you couldn't replicate it. The mod looks awesome but if it doesn't work fully for me, it's not the end of the world. Now I just need to make sure I'm even using it properly, which is why I asked the questions above.

I'm using the 64-bit version of tModLoader, it's the only way I was able to run so many mods.

I made sure everything was updated. It's possible I'm not understanding how to use this mod fully. Where can I use the Disk? Is it anywhere? Do I need to be near anything or have anything else in my inventory? Do I hold the item and then click, or do I click it in my inventory? Does it have any dependencies?

No worries if you couldn't replicate it. The mod looks awesome but if it doesn't work fully for me, it's not the end of the world. Now I just need to make sure I'm even using it properly, which is why I asked the questions above.
That makes sense. As I don't have 64x tModLoader I assume there's going to be a few bugs I can't remedy. Sorry about that. If everything was working correctly, UI should appear when you 1. Hold the Stellar Disk for the first time, 2. Left click with the Stellar Disk, and 3. Right click with the Stellar Disk.

Ive noticed theres a secret weapon called the edin shugra quasar. I was wondering if it is possible to obtain in regular playthroughs?

Hi, made an account for Terraria Forums just to post this comment.

I wanted to say that, this is an amazing mod. Very unique and different from what others can offer. I really like the Starfarer abillities and weapons. Recently, I have finished the mod in Calamity Revegeance, and I think I basically broke the game with a trick that was not intended.

Basically, after you defeat Moon Lord in Expert Mode, you unlock an abillity which, if you take more than 200 damage in one hit, you're gonna regenerate for the amount of damage you took. This consumes mana. However, if you pair this with other mods, like Luiafk, then this becomes really overpowered. I have defeated DoG, Yharon and Supreme Calamitas by just staying in one spot because of it. My trick here was to get low defense, so I always get hit for 200 damage, then basically throw myself into the bosses to regain my health. Again, I don't know if this was intended, but if it was not, then this really needs to be nerfed. You literally cannot die.

Other than this, literal awesome mod. Really hoping to see this mod grow further!

Ive noticed theres a secret weapon called the edin shugra quasar. I was wondering if it is possible to obtain in regular playthroughs?
There are a few weapons that I made that I didn't feel fit the level of quality I was hoping for. These may be implemented officially in 0.6.

Is there a way to recover Essences that you may have accidentally deleted?
There will be a way to re-acquire Essences in 0.6, so look forward to that.
Hi, made an account for Terraria Forums just to post this comment.

I wanted to say that, this is an amazing mod. Very unique and different from what others can offer. I really like the Starfarer abillities and weapons. Recently, I have finished the mod in Calamity Revegeance, and I think I basically broke the game with a trick that was not intended.

Basically, after you defeat Moon Lord in Expert Mode, you unlock an abillity which, if you take more than 200 damage in one hit, you're gonna regenerate for the amount of damage you took. This consumes mana. However, if you pair this with other mods, like Luiafk, then this becomes really overpowered. I have defeated DoG, Yharon and Supreme Calamitas by just staying in one spot because of it. My trick here was to get low defense, so I always get hit for 200 damage, then basically throw myself into the bosses to regain my health. Again, I don't know if this was intended, but if it was not, then this really needs to be nerfed. You literally cannot die.

Other than this, literal awesome mod. Really hoping to see this mod grow further!
Thanks for the input. I'll be looking into rebalancing the Stellar Array come 0.6.

The mod causes in my worlds the sky to go green and be constatnly at 4:23 am or 1:23 pm (if i use a time changing item from a different mod) when i defeat Moonlord. Setting up a server and changing the time using admin does work, but it snaps to 4:23 am or 1:23 pm again.

Also wanted to say good job on the mod.

Edit: just found out it was intentional, still gonna leave this comment here thought so that others dont think its a bug

Last edited:
Heyo is the an estimated time on when 0.6 drops? I've been using and loving this mod in all of my playthroughs and can't wait for the new content :)
It's fine if there isn't one btw, we can wait as long as we have to :D

i really dont like the passive in the buff in the Star array when you defeat all the bosses. that is extreamly overpowered

"every 100,000 damage your damage increases permanently and unlimitedly".. hitting 100,000 damage is very easy to do especially with calamity so balance is completely broken so i Suguest this to be reworked into something non balance breaking

im really enjoying the mod but once it got to that array....i was like..."oh no" knuckles style

if you like to know what ideas i have please ask away.

i really dont like the passive in the buff in the Star array when you defeat all the bosses. that is extreamly overpowered

"every 100,000 damage your damage increases permanently and unlimitedly".. hitting 100,000 damage is very easy to do especially with calamity so balance is completely broken so i Suguest this to be reworked into something non balance breaking

im really enjoying the mod but once it got to that array....i was like..."oh no" knuckles style

if you like to know what ideas i have please ask away.
unless i misread, it should be 100,000 hits as i was on ealier and was messing around with the array and read hits, my be misremembering though

Back
Top Bottom