tModLoader The Stars Above - 'Conquer the world's evils, Starfarers at your side.'

What should be the next addition?

• More weapons

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • More bosses

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Starfarer Active Abilities

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

View attachment 323386

Choose between either the Umbral or Astral Aspect, and unlock unique equippable abilities
within the Stellar Array, mixing and matching them to perfect your build.

With hundreds of unique dialogue lines for each Starfarer, you will become stronger side-by-side with them,
and arm yourselves for the challenges to come.

The Official Trailer for The Stars Above

View attachment 325069

View attachment 321709

STARFARERS

The Stars Above's flagship feature: Meet Eridani and Asphodene, masters of Umbral and Astral respectively.
Empowered by their strength and led by their guidance, you will be able to challenge any foe Terraria has to offer.

View attachment 321707
STELLAR ARRAY

Master the Stellar Array, a powerful supplement to player growth.
With 18 powerful passive abilities separated into 3 distinct tiers, you can mix and match to become the strongest Terrarian.
It is important to balance strength with cost to create the most efficient setup.

View attachment 321706
WEAPONS

Along with the Stellar Array mechanic, there are a myriad of new weapons exclusive to your respective Aspect carefully made with
unique gameplay in mind. This mod embraces quality over quantity; each weapon is tailored to provide a
fresh experience, and you may recognize some of them...

*Certain weapons shown will be added at a later date, not all weapons are pictured

View attachment 321711
BOSSES

At the end of your journey, The Stars Above has one last challenge for you: The Warrior of Light.
This fight will pit you against the pinnacle of heroes, testing
your strength and willpower. It will push you to your limits- and beyond.

In Expert Mode, prepare for a challenge that will test every limit of your abilities.

CROSSOVER CONTENT

For enjoyers of the Calamity Mod:
Several weapons are custom-tailored to suit the post-Moon Lord endgame the Calamity Mod offers,
with more on the way.
These weapons will have alternative crafting recipes and damage scaled to the Calamity Mod if it is installed.

EXTRA

This mod is meant to be utilized in tandem with other mods to enhance the gameplay experience.

Fully compatible with multiplayer, but there may be some desync issues.
Compatible with saves, but highly recommended to start a new playthrough.

There are numerous features currently in development:

> Equippable Active Abilities for your Starfarer to turn the tide of battle
> More weapons
> Dialogue for events and Calamity bosses

CHANGELOG

Please post on the Forum Page with any more bugs!

DOWNLOAD
Get the mod on the tModLoader browser or on Github: ThePaperLuigi/TheStarsAbove

View attachment 325069

AFTERWORD:
Thank you to everyone on the tModLoader discord, and anyone who makes their mods open-source! I would have never done it without you!

Hello everyone! This has been a 6 month passion project coded, drawn, animated, and tested by one person: me! Please, if you have any spare change (or got rich off of $GME / DOGE) consider buying me a coffee?

Donate here!

If donation goals are met, I'll get to work right away!

Thank you for all your donations, everyone! If you'd like a shout-out, please tell me. I'll do my best on upcoming content! Please look forward to it!

Help spread the word by using a signature!

View attachment 325069
Coming soon...

The Stars Above's first major content patch: Supernova (v0.6)! Obliterate foes with customizable Stellar Novas, acquire new and unique weapons, and defeat a new powerful foe..
Release date: Summer 2021, all information subject to change!
View attachment 324019

Hey, I wanna talk to you about this project bro, I really like what you’re doing. If you have Discord could you shoot me a DM @Universe#7639 whenever you can?:)

I really like this mod so far. Also really surprised that there was a Xenoblade weapon lel. Me and my friends are having a blast so far.
Edit: Also genshin weapons pog. This is now my 2nd favorite mod lel.

Last edited:
Idea add a new set of abilities like add earth to make easy platforms, walls/shields and more or water for faster swimming water weapons and sicking into your body like a bigger bucket withought a bucket and use it later

Just started playing the mod and beat the Vagrant of Space and Time but how do i cast Stellar Novas?

Just started playing the mod and beat the Vagrant of Space and Time but how do i cast Stellar Novas?
You'll have to bind the key in the Options menu, and then, while holding the Spatial Disk, press the key to open the Stellar Nova Menu. Once you've equipped a Stellar Nova, you gain Stellar Nova Energy naturally in combat, and pressing the key with a full gauge will use the ability. I'll add this info to the main forum page soon.

There seems to be a bug, after updating the mod and logging into a world that already has the bosses up to moon lord and some post-moon lord bosses from calamity defeated, the middle Stellar Nova does not unlock, not even if you re-kill the mechanical bosses again. Unless Calamitas is considered one of the mechanical bosses, in which case that's my problem.

Untitled.png

Is this mod supposed to work in multiplayer? When I click on one of the prism squares in the Stellar Nova UI I crash and trying to equip a prism also makes me crash. Loading the same world in singleplayer makes it work fine.

Attachments

• client.log
    28.1 KB · Views: 64
ii have a question...has their been any changes
to the passive that involves killing all vanilla bosses or is it still you gain constant stacks of damage infinitely still?

ii have a question...has their been any changes
to the passive that involves killing all vanilla bosses or is it still you gain constant stacks of damage infinitely still?
Yeah, it's totally different now. It doubles Stellar Nova Energy regeneration and prevents it from depleting out of combat. Still good, but not as overpowered as the first iteration.

hmmm it seems the "Aegis Driver" is doing melee damage despite its tooltip saying it does magic damage

hey dude, is there any way to reset the mod back to the beginning? i accidentally joined another world that i have completed and it has given me rewards up to moon lord while i am just about to go beat skeletron, i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, thanks

hey dude, is there any way to reset the mod back to the beginning? i accidentally joined another world that i have completed and it has given me rewards up to moon lord while i am just about to go beat skeletron, i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, thanks
If you download a cheat mod, you should be able to spawn in an item called the Debug Disk which resets most dialouge. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom