tModLoader The Stars Above - 'Conquer the world's evils, Starfarers at your side.'

What should be the next addition?

• More weapons

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • More bosses

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Starfarer Active Abilities

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The mod is great! It's been really fun and pairs really well with Calamity.
After doing a run on calamity, I tried with Vanilla on 1.4 but it seems that quite a few features were missing, is this normal?
I'm mostly talking about cosmic voyages, I never receive the tool to open a portal. I am also only able to open the Stellar array with the spatial disk while on 1.3 it would let me access the Archive and Stellar Novas, I wasn't receiving any essence after dialogues either.

Now I totally understand if it's simply due to the mod not fully updated to 1.4 yet and it is still in it's testing phase, after all, it takes time and having to manage compatibly for Two versions at the same time may prove to be difficult.
(Edit: My bad I didn't notice the 1.4 version was still 0.4.2, subworld library isn't available so that probably explains the issue with cosmic voyages, so very much still in testing)

Keep up the great work! My favorite part of the mod really are the starfarers, it makes a typical run feel much more alive since Vanilla Terraria lacks interactions with the players, I'd suggest keeping on expending the dialogues and interactions in the future.

Last edited:
right clicking the spatial disk seems to not work sometimes, it's fixed if I leave and rejoin the world but it's annoying when I want to change some stuff in the stellar array. Also another question, are the bosses also scaled with calamity progression? like is the final boss of stars above supposed to be fought way later since one of the last weapons you get needs an endgame bar

I can vouch for the "Spatial Disk not working sometimes" phenomenon. In the very very beginning of the game, it was fine. After I killed my first boss, (Maybe earlier? Hard to tell.) I'd left-click with the Spatial Disk to bring up the speech dialogue but the "Okay/Next" button in the lower right corner of the text box wouldn't appear, and there seemed to be absolutely no way to close or advance that window at all aside from leaving the game and re-entering. It could still be moved around the screen though, albeit with much lag. Somehow after I beat the Moon Lord and all the other bosses from the mod it regained its "Next/Close" button thing, though reviewed each boss from after the Eye of Cthulhu because clearly I hadn't received commentary about it yet.

I can vouch for the "Spatial Disk not working sometimes" phenomenon. In the very very beginning of the game, it was fine. After I killed my first boss, (Maybe earlier? Hard to tell.) I'd left-click with the Spatial Disk to bring up the speech dialogue but the "Okay/Next" button in the lower right corner of the text box wouldn't appear, and there seemed to be absolutely no way to close or advance that window at all aside from leaving the game and re-entering. It could still be moved around the screen though, albeit with much lag. Somehow after I beat the Moon Lord and all the other bosses from the mod it regained its "Next/Close" button thing, though reviewed each boss from after the Eye of Cthulhu because clearly I hadn't received commentary about it yet.
that's weird considering the left click and dialouge were fine for me, its just I couldn't bring up the right click menu sometimes to change my powers and all and would have to re-enter the world

this may be seen as a silly question but how do i use the mystic monster ball? i know it says cant be equipped normally so what do i do to use? i have tried using from my hotbar, it gives me the buff but i see no pets.
please help me,
Depth
[edit] on second thought this may be a bug as when i move i see tiny particles (presumably their eyes) following me until a small distance away from me at which point they dissapear.

Playing the 1.4 Stable version.
This mod looks really good and I'm trying it for the first time, but I can't get the passive abilities to register when I kill a boss to unlock them, is there some other pre-requisite I need to accomplish? Or is this just a bug?

Edit: Found the issue, at least I think cuz it works now, it could have been the recent Stars Above update. Apparently it's because tModloader wasn't properly optimized with the recent update and it didn't download Stars Above's dependency mod, "Subworld Library", along with it when it should have done. So I just had to delete the mod and download the two individually myself. It works fine after that.

Last edited:
Finally! After nearly half a year of checking in daily! You've hit 1mil+ downloads!! Congrats PaperLuigi! Heck Yeah!!!

I can't get any essence :c, I have killed almost every pre hardmode boss and yet haven't got any but the abilities work, so I don't know what to do pls help

Great mod, but there is a bug that makes it possible for me to dig up Cosmic Voyager with a pickaxe from the AlchemistNPC mod (Right click).
Other

Attachments

• 1653214234356.png
    1653214234356.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 1653214240859.png
    1653214240859.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 1653216177125.png
    1653216177125.png
    597.5 KB · Views: 172
absolutely love the mod, it is of the highest quality imo, though if i may say, the weapon really feel overtuned right now (close to hardmode) they outperform other mod gear easily, for exemple the takodachi weapon right click by itself with only 3 tako is enough to kill a queen bee, while with normal weapon i'll take 1 minute.

Last edited:
question about the burnished king, but on several occasions i keep being hit by seemingly the air, and idk why. I see he spawns the white projectiles that kinda fly around aimlessly but none of them are near me when i take damage, its not the after effects of the high damage yellow areas, and its not enough to kill me itself, but being hit by the air causes knockback which half of the time hits me into one of those yellow areas or in-range of his sword.

Hi, I had a glitch pre-hardmode where the Stellar Disk kept giving me more essences and abilities for bosses I have yet to defeat, I don't know what caused it, I just beat the Eater of Worlds when this happened.

Hello!

Loving the mod. One question, is there a way to move these meters from equipped weapons? They're right in the middle of the screen and super distracting.

_07_ _07_58.png

I've looked through client configs several times, checked for hotkeys to allow movement, all to no avail.

Thank you,

Hey I have a bug where all of my weapons are stuck in ranged damage aspect. I was messing around with Architect's Luminance when this happened. There is currently no damage type selected, but all wepaons are acting as if it was ranged. I have tried de-activating and re-activating the mod. Am I just insane or is this a genuine bug?

Back
Top Bottom