PC The state of 1.3.1 for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this, though, is that once you hit the enemy cap, new things will spawn in very slowly (you must wait for the game to decide to despawn one of the current enemies and that can take awhile) and you are forced to either attempt to despawn the mobs already there, or kill some of them (which will add to the event counter).

Not hard at all to just run off the screen and spawn in new enemies. Regardless, my point stands; NOT killing Dutchmen is actually the counter-productive technique, rather than the other way around.

Also the advantage of invasions is that they aren't timed so you could run out of range of the invasion to despawn the current Pirate enemies then come back to improve the chances of spawning a Dutchman and not progressing the Invasion progress by killing normal Pirates.

I actually wasn't aware that the Dutchman has a higher chance of dropping rare Pirate Items. (I thought it could only drop the Trophy). So the Dutchman makes it easier to get rare Pirate loot compared to Pre-1.3?

Either way, I agree that 50% would be too high a drop rate, but 5-10% sounds a little more reasonable to allow for a better chance to get rare Pirate items while still keeping them rare. (unless the Dutchman already has a drop rate around that amount for later in the invasion.)

When i checked it said 1% chance to drop anything, so maybe its just i killed it to few times? Though i killed him about 4-5-6 times per event AND summoned the pirates 3 times, so... Yeah. Also- when i was playing tutorial it said passcode: in the bottom left corner is this a bug?? Plz tell
[doublepost=1461194186,1461194045][/doublepost]Plz tell
[doublepost=1461194225][/doublepost]... Tell plz?
[doublepost=1461194425][/doublepost]Also, nerf fishron i can not CAN NOT defeat him even w/ solarflare armor post moonlord gear and mewmeres!! Hes so hard!!! Plz tell if this will be in next/1.3.1.
[doublepost=1461194503][/doublepost]I even used lunar flares!!
Eventualy i ran out of truffle worms and just went on a server to get fishron loot...

Oh, the infinite (NPC) house bug was fixed for 1.3.1; so says Cenx on her twitter feed.
Boo! That was so useful. There's never enough time in the first day to get a house built for the Merchant/Demolitionist which I desperately need in the beginning. It's also so useful for building/storage worlds so the NPCs don't get up in your grill.

salt/ Can I be the one guy who argues in favor of not fixing beneficial bugs, or nerfing things? I feel like I'm needed to balance it out. Man, that Cross-Necklace is looking mighty dusty nowadays, what with it being useless to me now. Oh, Spectre armor... how you suck so hard now. Ah, Meteorite blocks. Hardmode? Looks like I don't care about you anymore. /salt

I complain because I love.

Is anyone gonna say anything about the passcode thing or fishron???

Fishron is balanced.

You're just bad. /sarcasm

But seriously, Fishron is all about avoiding him. Getting hit by him is REALLY bad. Getting hit in general is bad...

Can I be the one guy who argues in favor of not fixing beneficial bugs
Beneficial or harmless fun bugs can be really nice, but I'm always in favor of fixing them. Reason being is that bugs, being unintended, can cause unforeseen problems later on. They can also conflict with the implementation of new features (I'm still sad that rain doesn't generate flooding).

On the other side of things, it's a bad idea to get too comfortable with beloved "harmless" bugs since they can get inadvertently fixed later on anyway. (For example: liquid duping got semi-fixed in 1.3 with the new fluid mechanics.

If there's a helpful feature caused by a bug then the best course of action is to fix the bug and then implement the feature properly. At least that's my take on it.

When i checked it said 1% chance to drop anything, so maybe its just i killed it to few times? Though i killed him about 4-5-6 times per event AND summoned the pirates 3 times, so... Yeah. Also- when i was playing tutorial it said passcode: in the bottom left corner is this a bug?? Plz tell
[doublepost=1461194186,1461194045][/doublepost]Plz tell
[doublepost=1461194225][/doublepost]... Tell plz?
[doublepost=1461194425][/doublepost]Also, nerf fishron i can not CAN NOT defeat him even w/ solarflare armor post moonlord gear and mewmeres!! Hes so hard!!! Plz tell if this will be in next/1.3.1.
[doublepost=1461194503][/doublepost]I even used lunar flares!!
Eventualy i ran out of truffle worms and just went on a server to get fishron loot...
Please use the Edit button on the bottom left of your posts in the future if you want to add to your post.

Boo! That was so useful. There's never enough time in the first day to get a house built for the Merchant/Demolitionist which I desperately need in the beginning. It's also so useful for building/storage worlds so the NPCs don't get up in your grill.

salt/ Can I be the one guy who argues in favor of not fixing beneficial bugs, or nerfing things? I feel like I'm needed to balance it out. Man, that Cross-Necklace is looking mighty dusty nowadays, what with it being useless to me now. Oh, Spectre armor... how you suck so hard now. Ah, Meteorite blocks. Hardmode? Looks like I don't care about you anymore. /salt

I complain because I love.

It ain't that hard to build 3 houses in the first day? *blinks* And is there a reason you "desperately" need the Demo/Merchant on the first game day?

Fishron is balanced.

You're just bad. /sarcasm

But seriously, Fishron is all about avoiding him. Getting hit by him is REALLY bad. Getting hit in general is bad...

sarcasm. Doge
[doublepost=1461235068,1461235033][/doublepost]
Please use the Edit button on the bottom left of your posts in the future if you want to add to your post.

I merged them

[doublepost=1461238641,1461238246][/doublepost]I have a bug. whenever i got the very top of the world and fall i most of the time i only go 51mph, i took off my wing,my frostspark boots,and everything else but my ufo so i could get high,can someone help me with this cuz it gets annoying when i try to travle to my dugeon using portals

[doublepost=1461238641,1461238246][/doublepost]I have a bug. whenever i got the very top of the world and fall i most of the time i only go 51mph, i took off my wing,my frostspark boots,and everything else but my ufo so i could get high,can someone help me with this cuz it gets annoying when i try to travle to my dugeon using portals

Please post bug reports in the Bug Report section of the forums, where they will be seen by developers, rather than in an unrelated thread.

Really wish the update would have be released wiht the wiring updates and whanots. Then the boring Controller support could have come later. If i wanted to use that Id buy it on a console. Just my op.

Beneficial or harmless fun bugs can be really nice, but I'm always in favor of fixing them. Reason being is that bugs, being unintended, can cause unforeseen problems later on. They can also conflict with the implementation of new features (I'm still sad that rain doesn't generate flooding).

On the other side of things, it's a bad idea to get too comfortable with beloved "harmless" bugs since they can get inadvertently fixed later on anyway. (For example: liquid duping got semi-fixed in 1.3 with the new fluid mechanics.

If there's a helpful feature caused by a bug then the best course of action is to fix the bug and then implement the feature properly. At least that's my take on it.
And I would agree. The only thing I'm actually "upset" about (if you could even call it that), is in most situations in most games, when something convenient, even if it's not a gamebreaker, is a bug, it gets squashed immediately and nothing ever gets done to make the situation better without the bug. What you're saying would be ideal, but I have doubts it would ever happen. I'll give them credit on introducing the Bottomless Water Bucket though. Also, guys, I put "/salt" for reason. I'm being mostly facetious.
It ain't that hard to build 3 houses in the first day? *blinks* And is there a reason you "desperately" need the Demo/Merchant on the first game day?
Being facetious, Xylia.

On the "desperately need" thing though; I don't know about you, but trying Expert mode or a mod's harder difficulty (Leveled's Critical) with a Thrower damage build is insanity without the Demo.

I think having the inventory menu bound to ESC by default was a terrible idea because it's too far away to be used efficiently. Sure, it can be remapped, but it shouldn't have to be

If i wanted to use that Id buy it on a console. Just my op.
I have it on console and never play it

Since you most likely don't have a free cursor when using gamepad, how do you cancel "blue buffs"/effects?

Also, I think that having shared map as an option in multiplayer when would be useful (maybe team specific?). Would this kind of feature be possible? And I think it would also be nice if your team color could be automatically assigned to the team color you were in when you logged off.

Since you most likely don't have a free cursor when using gamepad, how do you cancel "blue buffs"/effects?

Also, I think that having shared map as an option in multiplayer when would be useful (maybe team specific?). Would this kind of feature be possible? And I think it would also be nice if your team color could be automatically assigned to the team color you were in when you logged off.
On console they solved it by having a menu just for that. Probably there will be something similar on PC when using a controller.

By shared map; do you mean that all characters should use the same exploration data (fog of war)? Then I second that. I often find myself copying exploration map data from one character to another, as I have several characters with different loadouts. To switch loadout I switch characters.

Yes, they need to share Fog of War/Exploration Data.

You can go through the rigamarole of sending your map file to the other players, but c'mon, that's a hassle. I don't get why that if you're in the same team and nearby you can't transfer that bit by bit through the game's connection. It's, what, 2MB at most? Maybe 3MB? Shouldn't take that long to transfer. Or perhaps make a button that the user can click that swaps data and fills in the map based upon what everybody knows or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom