PC The state of 1.3.1 for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP 20 days later.. :D
Btw the thread could have been updated :p to slowly removed the finished elements on the list, give some more excitement and an estimated release date. (To see things are actually worked on)
True thing, we could use an update from Cenx.

Not everyone benefits from every feature, but the controller support is a very much desired mechanic to be added to the game. Wouldn't call it "silly" at all. ;)

I suppose I can't fault @eaglestorm13 for wishing we had split them into two separate updates; wiring in 1.3.1 and then immediately after 1.3.1 arrived (or perhaps during 1.3.1's development) do the controller thing and release it as 1.3.1.1 or something, that way the controller update would not have held back all the wiring stuff. I doubt the wiring stuff and the controller update would interact with each other, surely?

But ah well, either way I suppose lol.

I suppose I can't fault @eaglestorm13 for wishing we had split them into two separate updates; wiring in 1.3.1 and then immediately after 1.3.1 arrived (or perhaps during 1.3.1's development) do the controller thing and release it as 1.3.1.1 or something, that way the controller update would not have held back all the wiring stuff. I doubt the wiring stuff and the controller update would interact with each other, surely?

I guess the problem with that is that it would create room for bugs to appear after the 1.3.1 update, which, in turn, would delay controller support.

Think of it this way; under the assumption that Gamepad is coming, it has to come some time. If it doesn't come now, delaying 1.3.1, then it comes after 1.3.1, delaying 1.3.2. Or worse, gets bundled into 1.3.2, and then we are back to where we started.

13102528_1149865071732959_2077872414_n.jpg

Sooooo... What are we looking at here?
Are those new statues?

After seeing the latest Instagram teaser image (https://www.instagram.com/p/BEyykyzwguQ/?taken-by=terraria_logic), this could so easily be made into a Legend of Zelda style mod with the right mechanics! Think about it. You already have ways of locking doors (temple key), imagine if that was implemented in a way that created a story-based linear adventure where you have to complete quests, and brave dungeons to get access to the next one (like getting the Emerald from a dungeon, bringing it back to your home pedestal [Temple of Time] and it unlocks a new path with new dungeons, which have new keys that you can collect to unlock more paths and more dungeons...

Entrance of new Dungeon?(Lunar Enemie appearance?)

Are you guys serious? It's 1st May and not ready yet? What is it takes so long for this little upgrade?

3 weeks from now on? Sorry, I'm just joking. Cause this game stole my life. I can't wait until there is a new its gonna grow up. xD

3 weeks from now on? Sorry, I'm just joking. Cause this game stole my life. I can't wait until there is a new its gonna grow up. xD
You misunderstood me. This thread (together with the list of WIP features) was posted three weeks ago. It seemed highly disrespectful of you to expect that it's a small amount of work which should have been done by now.

RIP 20 days later.. :D
Btw the thread could have been updated :p to slowly removed the finished elements on the list, give some more excitement and an estimated release date. (To see things are actually worked on)

True thing, we could use an update from Cenx.

I'd like to throw my support in for this.

Not because I doubt that it's being worked on - I just like do-to lists getting edited down as progress is made (my own or any other). There's some je ne sais quoi about it that's quite satisfying.

[doublepost=1461238641,1461238246][/doublepost]I have a bug. whenever i got the very top of the world and fall i most of the time i only go 51mph, i took off my wing,my frostspark boots,and everything else but my ufo so i could get high,can someone help me with this cuz it gets annoying when i try to travle to my dugeon using portals
K thanks

Also something to keep in mind: a list such as this, as you fix things....other things can pop up. That is the nature of game development - and especially bug fixing. That said, the team is working very hard to get all of the finishing touches done so this can get out to you guys as soon as possible. :)

Also something to keep in mind: a list such as this, as you fix things....other things can pop up. That is the nature of game development - and especially bug fixing. That said, the team is working very hard to get all of the finishing touches done so this can get out to you guys as soon as possible. :)
*nods in agreement*
It's like having an airbubble under your newly placed linoleum. You try to flatten it out of existence by stomping on it, but every time you step on it, new, smaller bubbles turn up which you need to squash as well. :sigh:

Good simile, @Gotcha! I think of the arcade game Whac-a-Mole, where every time you bop a mechanical mole with your mallet another one — or two or more — will pop up.

Yay!!
Quick question. Will there be any new mobs or bosses or is this strictly just wiring and gamepad stuff?

Yay!!
Quick question. Will there be any new mobs or bosses or is this strictly just wiring and gamepad stuff?

Pretty much just wiring, gamepad, and perhaps some tweaks on some stuff. If they add anything beyond that, I'd be rather surprised. No offense meant of course, I'm sure the wiring and the gamepad changes probably involved a lot of in-depth code and such and that's why the update seems "small" on our end, but is probably huge on their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom