PC The state of 1.3.1 for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much just wiring, gamepad, and perhaps some tweaks on some stuff. If they add anything beyond that, I'd be rather surprised. No offense meant of course, I'm sure the wiring and the gamepad changes probably involved a lot of in-depth code and such and that's why the update seems "small" on our end, but is probably huge on their end.
Can confirm, Yorai and company have been working their butts off getting everything perfect.

Pretty much just wiring, gamepad, and perhaps some tweaks on some stuff. If they add anything beyond that, I'd be rather surprised. No offense meant of course, I'm sure the wiring and the gamepad changes probably involved a lot of in-depth code and such and that's why the update seems "small" on our end, but is probably huge on their end.

I recall one of them mentioning they were working on some decorative tiles as well, but yes, I don't think there will be an additional monsters, etc. That'll most likely be for 1.3.2+.

Still waiting, But on a side not would be nice if some of the tile sets for the furniture would be complete, and the abitlity to craft thorns potions in crim worlds would be nice. Not to mention the abitlty to choose the world type and ores.

Still waiting, But on a side not would be nice if some of the tile sets for the furniture would be complete, and the abitlity to craft thorns potions in crim worlds would be nice. Not to mention the abitlty to choose the world type and ores.

You can already choose world type and ores with a third-party program that makes worlds for you, and the thorns potion thing, it's balanced. Crimson has Rage and Heartreach Potions, while Corruption has Thorns and Wrath potions. Seems fine to me.

As for furniture, you'd have to specify what furniture is missing.

Wondering if the 1.3.1 update will come out on May 16th (Terraria's anniversary).....Also wondering if the anniversary has been mentioned lately at all? I don't see any talk of it.

Wondering if the 1.3.1 update will come out on May 16th (Terraria's anniversary).....Also wondering if the anniversary has been mentioned lately at all? I don't see any talk of it.

That'd be kinda cool if it did come out on the 16th but a part of me doubts it.

I know this thread is for 1.3.1, and I searched for this already and found nothing on it. I started a brand new world and character, and right off at the start, the queen bee awoke and all I had was the starter sword, pick and hatchet. Is this a bug in the code, or was this a random chance? If a developer could answer that would be awesome and I thank all of you in advance. I'm kinda curious because I was unable to defeat her since I didn't have any time to progress and prepare.

I don't see the update happening for a couple of months yet. Insistence on perfection has a way of delaying a product for a long time. Just look at how Stardew Valley was received (overwhelmingly positive) by both the public and critics alike, and that one was delayed out the wazoo for polishing reasons.

I know this thread is for 1.3.1, and I searched for this already and found nothing on it. I started a brand new world and character, and right off at the start, the queen bee awoke and all I had was the starter sword, pick and hatchet. Is this a bug in the code, or was this a random chance? If a developer could answer that would be awesome and I thank all of you in advance. I'm kinda curious because I was unable to defeat her since I didn't have any time to progress and prepare.
Sometimes during world gen, a Larva is created in a compromising position and is destroyed at the very beginning. It's a rare occurrence but it happens. The random nature of the world gen causes this, not a specific bug in the code.

Thank you Tunnel King, I wasn't sure why she awoke so quickly. It just seemed weird when it said "the queen bee has awoken," I slightly freaked out knowing I was going to die a lot and endlessly lol. BTW what is the update for 1.3.1? If you don't mind my asking.

I don't see the update happening for a couple of months yet. Insistence on perfection has a way of delaying a product for a long time. Just look at how Stardew Valley was received (overwhelmingly positive) by both the public and critics alike, and that one was delayed out the wazoo for polishing reasons.
I'd actually like to try that game! Other than Terraria, I don't devote my time to other games.

Is there a Splitscreen in the new Version(1.3.1)?
Please do it :D!

....split-screen? You mean, like local multiplayer, console-style? Why would you want that when most PC games are easily done over LAN? Or are you referring to something else?

....split-screen? You mean, like local multiplayer, console-style? Why would you want that when most PC games are easily done over LAN? Or are you referring to something else?

LAN is great if you have multiple PCs, but given the age range of a lot of Terraria players (both siblings playing with each other, or parents playing with young children), a LAN setup may not only be technically imposing (due to lack of knowledge of how to do so for children or tech-unsavvy people) or impossible entirely (due to children not necessarily having dedicated PCs of their own.)

Imagine a parent with 2 children and a single PC in the household . . . multiplayer with each other is more or less out of their grasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom