NPCs & Enemies The Stealthy Deer

Krypnoda

Terrarian
It seems like Terraria has no stealth enemies except mimics, if you can consider them stealthy. So i propose the
  • Parandrus
HP: 400
Damage: 20
Defense: 10
Speed: Fast
Knockback Resistance: 10%
Coin Drops: 1 Gold
Item Drops:
Invisibility cloak 1%
Parandrus Banner 1%
Now i know right now you are think that the Parandrus is a weak hardmode enemy. Not true. The Parandrus is probably the hardest enemy you will face in Post-Plantera. This is because the Parandrus has a special SPECIAL ability. It can turn invisible any time it wants to and can attack while invisible, albeit half damage. This still does not make it a powerful monster does it. If you have 20 defense then it only takes 1 damage right. Not necessarily. You see, the Parandrus is also a shape-shifter enemy. It can take the form of Angry Bones, Mimics, Wandering Eyes, Unicorns and basically anything except bosses. Also it can turn invisible while in it's new form. The downside is that the Parandrus cannot be invisible if attacked for 5 seconds. However, it can also change into the player and use the player's cloned weapon. It would be the color of the biome it was found in and can be found in any biome. It has a 1% spawn chance in any biome, making them hard to find.

• If a monster has under 200 HP the parandrus can transform into that monster any time
  • If a monster has 200-400 HP the parandrus can transform into that monster every 3 minutes
  • If the monster has 400-800 HP the Parandrus can transform into that monster every 5 minutes
  • If the monster has 800-1,600 HP the Parandrus can transform into that monster every 7 minutes
  • If the monster has 1,600 HP-till boss level the Parandrus can transform into that monster every 10 minutes.
  • Invisibility Cloak
Makes you invisible to players and NPCs until you attack

Last edited:
1. What does the Invisibility Cloak do? I can guess from the name, but there aren't any specifics.
2. Can it transform into a Paladin? Or Wyvern? Or another miniboss? That would be a bit unbalanced.
3. I, personally, find extremely rare enemies annoying, especially if they drop something useful.

1. What does the Invisibility Cloak do? I can guess from the name, but there aren't any specifics.
2. Can it transform into a Paladin? Or Wyvern? Or another miniboss? That would be a bit unbalanced.
3. I, personally, find extremely rare enemies annoying, especially if they drop something useful.
It can transform into a miniboss, but i will make them a little more balanced. Edited thread to make them more balanced.

The idea of a stealth enemy sounds fine
One problem though
Your idea is freaking crazy
1. A mob to constantly change ai and be able to doppelgänger the player is way too hard to implement
2.i quote " Now i know right now you are think that the Parandrus is a weak PRE-HARDMODE enemy"
Then the stats for this pre HM mob
HP 400
Attack 20
Defense 10
The stats are just WAY too high no mob in pre-HM has that much HP not even Hell mobs. The attack and defend is alright though.
Sorry, seem to remember seeing zombie having 400 HP. Other games have made shapeshifters though so it can't be too hard. Anyway how hard could it be just to make a monster that changes stats but not AI?

Boss are a good example , they can switch Ai but that's only after health is depleted . I'm don't code these stuff but it takes a lot of information and coding to change one simple ai imagine trying to code all those other mobs. On top of that the engine that the game runs can carry only so much info .

Coding is one of the biggest culprits why people's good ideas don't get in.
I forgot to add it in the post but shape-shifting would not change the AI, just the appearances and stats.

I forgot to add it in the post but shape-shifting would not change the AI, just the appearances and stats.
oh my fault then , one thing for that though. I suggest to find another sprite to she instead of wandering eye with the clone ability. It might be too obvious to see wandering eye walking on the ground.

oh my fault then , one thing for that though. I suggest to find another sprite to she instead of wandering eye with the clone ability. It might be too obvious to see wandering eye walking on the ground.
Ya, i think i will keep it as it is and make them change AI.

The invisibility cloak. It'll make shroomite armor and potion pointless and this isn't even end-game yet.

The invisibility cloak. It'll make shroomite armor and potion pointless and this isn't even end-game yet.
The invisibility potion is already useless pretty much, and you will probably have shroomite armor before you can defeat it because it can turn into any kind of monsters except for bosses. Perhaps i should make the drop rate a little less though.

Back
Top Bottom