Sprites The Summoner Rework - New weapons, armors and more!

What do you think?

• I like it all.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • I like the summon choices, but travelers are useless.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I hate everything.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summoners are peasants.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Now, let's take the Eater Staff, which you called "useless" and "a golden bow is worth more". It essentially has 18 raw damage, then counting the Pharaoh armor bonuses, it totals with 24 raw dmg. Its use time is 12, which will total in a rough 120 DPS.
Lastly, the Golden Bow, which I'll be pairing with Jester Arrows. It has a raw damage of 21 (bow+arrow) and has a use time of 26, which totals with about 48 DPS.

I didn't see the buffs you edited into Pharoah armor until now. You commited the same mistake that you did in the Bee armor rework: You made the armor ridiculously overpowered, to the point where literally every weapon that deals summon damage will be extremely good because of it. Not too sure why you went so far with the buffs, it was already good with just the minion slot (I also don't like having fancy set bonuses this early on but that's just me). Currently the Golden Bow is one of the best weapons you can get before EoC without cheating progression, and this armor makes something mediocre like Eater Staff have triple its dps. and it's probably still worse since Jester's arrows pierce infinitely, have actual knockback and disruption, and doesn't drain mana as crazily as Eater Staff does but that's another topic

And this all relates to the big problem with traveller minions, which is that they can't be balanced. If you make them good weapons, then summoner is too powerful because it now has strong weapons to go with their strong minions. If they are made bad on purpose because of this, then you'd just be using an actual good weapon instead of bothering with them. To solve this, I like Cube's idea the most, which is to make them separate from Minion damage, that way it's much easier to find an inbetween and you can also make gear that focuses on them, like OOA does with sentries.

You say that the sentries are alive. May I introduce you to the lightning aura staff.

One example out of all the sentries in game, and that actually works like a sentry unlike Nimbus Rod.

I didn't see the buffs you edited into Pharoah armor until now. You commited the same mistake that you did in the Bee armor rework: You made the armor ridiculously overpowered, to the point where literally every weapon that deals summon damage will be extremely good because of it. Not too sure why you went so far with the buffs, it was already good with just the minion slot (I also don't like having fancy set bonuses this early on but that's just me). Currently the Golden Bow is one of the best weapons you can get before EoC without cheating progression, and this armor makes something mediocre like Eater Staff have triple its dps. and it's probably still worse since Jester's arrows pierce infinitely, have actual knockback and disruption, and doesn't drain mana as crazily as Eater Staff does but that's another topic

And this all relates to the big problem with traveller minions, which is that they can't be balanced. If you make them good weapons, then summoner is too powerful because it now has strong weapons to go with their strong minions. If they are made bad on purpose because of this, then you'd just be using an actual good weapon instead of bothering with them. To solve this, I like Cube's idea the most, which is to make them separate from Minion damage, that way it's much easier to find an inbetween and you can also make gear that focuses on them, like OOA does with sentries.

One example out of all the sentries in game, and that actually works like a sentry unlike Nimbus Rod.
Okay, I think my eyes have been opened. So basically, I should make the "summoning" class an umbrella that has two damage types? I like it.

We're gonna add a new summon type: Travelers (for lack of a better name). They act like the Bee Gun. summoning minions that don't last very long, they just go to a target and hit them, disappearing. I think its the perfect way to make summoners fight with their minions, while still dealing their own damage!
I feel like this takes from the magic damage type. A lot of homing weapons could easily fall in to this category don't take the magnetic sphere.

I like the idea of items that shoot tiny temporary creatures counting as summons, but I think the idea of making it a whole new damage type is utterly stupid. Just let it get minion damage boosts.

This is quite an interesting idea.
I like the idea of items that shoot tiny temporary creatures counting as summons, but I think the idea of making it a whole new damage type is utterly stupid. Just let it get minion damage boosts.
See the previous posts
I guess i'm a noob cuz I don't really use a class I just go for the best items I can find at the time
No, doing that is the best idea.

Back
Top Bottom