Other Game The Super Smash Brothers Thread!

Favorite version?

• Total voters
Super Smash Bros is one of Nintendo's most loved series of all time, and with the newest installment in this awesome series coming out October 3rd, I thought I would be fitting to make a thread for this franchise.

For the minority who don't know what this game is, it's a game were characters across Nintendo's vast number of franchises come together to battle each other (and in some versions there are third party characters). The basic goal is to knock the opponent off screen, using a verity of moves, items, and weapons. You can knock back your opponents further by increasing their damage percentage. You can accomplish that by simply hitting them. It's a bit deeper then that though. I should add that the series is extremely fun, and it's always great to see Pikachu smacking the crap out of Mario.

So far there has been 4 officially released games in the series, with the next one coming out very soon. If you want to find out more information about Super Smash Bros., here is a link to the official site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/

You can exchange friend codes here if you'd like, my 3DS FC is 0302-0565-8810. Once the 3DS version comes out (Oct. 3rd) I'll be happy to accept any challenges.

Anyway, anyone can discuss the game here as well. I'll be adding a bit more stuff to this thread as time goes on.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm not really liking Megaman's playstyle from the Demo. I doubt they did any major tweaks between the demo release and the full release though. He seems pretty lackluster, but I might give him a more in-depth look, to see if I'm missing anything. His smash being a projectile's pretty nice.

Alltime favorite characters were Young Link and Mewtwo, bless their poor souls.

To be honest, I'm not really liking Megaman's playstyle from the Demo. I doubt they did any major tweaks between the demo release and the full release though. He seems pretty lackluster, but I might give him a more in-depth look, to see if I'm missing anything. His smash being a projectile's pretty nice.

Alltime favorite characters were Young Link and Mewtwo, bless their poor souls.
I like Megaman, but I suck when I play him.

But anyway, you have Toon Link and Lucario to fill that gap? Right? No? Okay.

I'm just a priss about Toon Link because I'm not a fan of cel shading.

But my ice climbers though. ;-; Villager is super fun to play though. Much funner than I thought it would be.

I think he might be. I noticed a lot of his moves doing quite a bit more launching power. Up + Special seems to do less hits, but launchers further. He seems like he has tighter controls too. I don't think I've been more excited about a handheld game, because Smash Bros has the potential to be a game that lasts nearly forever, and portable too? Forget about it.

Gonna get it on Wii U, too though, for my family.

I'm really gosh dang hyped for Sm4sh. I'm considering maining Lucina or Dark Pit. Although I might stick with my Brawl Main, Toon Link.

I'm hyped to play as Miis. Got 3 planned out already, up to the moves.
Myself (Swordfighter)
Doomguy (Gunner)
Nero from DMC4 (Brawler)

But on top of that, interested in all the custom moves, playing as Charizard, and seeing how much better Bowser is than before.

Smash Bros was one of my first N64 games, it was the first one I actually plugged in and played. For me, the first game is timeless. I still can play it today and I still can have a ton of fun. I never had a GameCube nor a Wii, so I couldn't enjoy Melee and Bawl at home. I played some matches of Brawl when I got the chance, though.

I'm really excited that I will be able to catch up with the new installment, already pre ordered the 3DS version. It's a bit weird to play the new games when you are so used to the oldest one, mainly because it have much more things and the classic characters plays a little bit differently (Mario is VERY different from the original, for instance).

Also, I've got a demo key from a friend a week ago or so, and I actually enjoyed playing with Megaman a lot (I'm just not so good with him as I am with Link). With Villager, on the other hand, I completely suck. I think he's a more strategic character, so you really have to calculate your attacks when using him.

Anyway, I can't wait to play it. My eyes sweats with the epicness of Smash.

I think he might be. I noticed a lot of his moves doing quite a bit more launching power. Up + Special seems to do less hits, but launchers further. He seems like he has tighter controls too. I don't think I've been more excited about a handheld game, because Smash Bros has the potential to be a game that lasts nearly forever, and portable too? Forget about it.

Gonna get it on Wii U, too though, for my family.
I really wish I had a Wii U...the game looks so glorious on it!
I'm really gosh dang hyped for Sm4sh. I'm considering maining Lucina or Dark Pit. Although I might stick with my Brawl Main, Toon Link.
I'm going to try to main Palutina and Dark Pit. I'm a huge fan of Kid Icarus Uprising, so yeah.

Just wish Magnus was a playable character...

Dark Pit and Pulutena are my favorite characters from Kid Icarus Uprising, and I'm hyped to play them. I mean, have you seen the stripper pole taunt?
wait

what

*runs to youtube*

Edit: whoa
Smash Bros was one of my first N64 games, it was the first one I actually plugged in and played. For me, the first game is timeless. I still can play it today and I still can have a ton of fun. I never had a GameCube nor a Wii, so I couldn't enjoy Melee and Bawl at home. I played some matches of Brawl when I got the chance, though.

I'm really excited that I will be able to catch up with the new installment, already pre ordered the 3DS version. It's a bit weird to play the new games when you are so used to the oldest one, mainly because it have much more things and the classic characters plays a little bit differently (Mario is VERY different from the original, for instance).

Also, I've got a demo key from a friend a week ago or so, and I actually enjoyed playing with Megaman a lot (I'm just not so good with him as I am with Link). With Villager, on the other hand, I completely suck. I think he's a more strategic character, so you really have to calculate your attacks when using him.

Anyway, I can't wait to play it. My eyes sweats with the epicness of Smash.
You have the original? That's really cool. I almost got my hands on a digital version for the Wii.

wait

what

*runs to youtube*
KEaV5nF.gif

my miiverse name is RedLink956 and my friend code is 2981-7717-3785 im registering your friend code.

Back
Top Bottom