Other Game The Super Smash Brothers Thread!

Favorite version?

• Total voters
Um... You know how attacking a shielded opponent pushes you back, and stronger attacks push you back further? Well... Somehow, in pursuing the thing I mentioned above, I've managed to make it where I can hit a shield so hard that it sends me flying off the stage and out of the screen.

Alright, I have decided that lucario is capable of being the most broken thing ever when you can customize him.
(also... can someone post something, please? I don't want to end up having to quadruple post.)

I don't have an amibo, but I imagine trying to fight a custom one would be a nightmare...
I have a Yoshi amiibo that has:
  1. A counter shield.
  2. Explosive shells
  3. High attack
I couldn't win. I had to remove the counter shield.

On a completely unrelated note: my favorite For Glory moment was when I (as Falcon) was fighting another Falcon to Live and Learn and won with a reverse Falcon Punch. It was the best.

I have a Yoshi amiibo that has:
  1. A counter shield.
  2. Explosive shells
  3. High attack
I couldn't win. I had to remove the counter shield.

On a completely unrelated note: my favorite For Glory moment was when I (as Falcon) was fighting another Falcon to Live and Learn and won with a reverse Falcon Punch. It was the best.
Man, I hate counter shields. I can't use them, but whenever a computer gets one, they're able to perfectly counter every attack I use and it sucks. Fortunately, lucario doesn't have to worry about them since he'll just break through any shield.

Reactions: Azu
Got ahold of and am playing Super Smash Bros. 64 for the first time in many, many years. I had forgotten how much it doesn't have. 12 characters, 4 being unlockable, 9 stages, 1 being unlockable (Battlefield and Final Destination are in the 1P Game mode only and can't be selected, neither can Metal Mario's stage Meta Crystal.) I just started up, so I don't have any of that unlocked.
And adding on:
-There's no Side B attacks.
-Throwing only goes Forward and Backward, and there's no Pummeling. What Pummels in later games is how you Throw them.
-Smash/Tilt Attacks cannot be charged.
-Limited selection of Items, like there's no Metal Box.
-All of the Pokeball summons are sprites and so are their attacks. Actually, a lot of things are sprites, and more obviously than in later games.

Given all of that, that I have Melee, Brawl, and 4 3DS, and that it's not stopping me from wanting to play play 64, it's like... a trip to the roots to show where it started and how far its come. But this game is good in itself, I remember it from when I was a kid, and I also remember that I never made it to Master Hand (I thought Master Hand was new to Melee years ago), the Fighting Polygons always got me. I just really wanted to finally complete it.

Last edited:
Smash 64 is so simple in terms of moves, but at the same time the game is so deep due to how different the hitstun works. It's great.

Weird thing is after all this time I didn't really have an actual 'Main' and the only thing I was doing forever was messing around with Mii Fighters. Only Mewtwo and Bowser ever got real coverage here but now apparently I just suddenly want to get good with Cloud because his entire moveset and gimmick appeals to me.

So, in the most recent of my Smash bros shenanigans, I was playing classic mode as Mega Man with maxed-out attack. I got to a giant battle against Shulk with two partners to help me out, and I immediately jumped and attacked with flame sword.

Then Shulk countered it, killed both of my teammates in one hit right away, but somehow missed me...

Oops.

So, recently there's been talk of Smash coming onto the upcoming Nintendo NX. There hasn't been talk if it'll be a brand new installment, or just a port of Sm4sh. Find it weird that they'll talk about launch titles just when they started working on the new console.

If you want to know more about it, here's the link

So, recently there's been talk of Smash coming onto the upcoming Nintendo NX. There hasn't been talk if it'll be a brand new installment, or just a port of Sm4sh. Find it weird that they'll talk about launch titles just when they started working on the new console.

If you want to know more about it, here's the link
From what I can tell, there's been rumors about literally everything when it comes to the NX, so I've decided to ignore all of them until Nintendo announces something themselves.

More smash shenanigans! This time I had an idea involving hotheads. Here's what I did:
  1. Turn off all items except hotheads
  2. Select a custom Mega Man with boosted attack and and skull barrier as his down B
  3. Begin a smash battle on a floating final destination stage
Then, once the battle starts:
  • Pick up and throw every hothead you can
  • Spam down smash on thrown hotheads
  • Use down B to reflect any hotheads your opponents pick up
And congratulations, you've created Hell for every other player!
HNI_0017.JPG

Back
Top Bottom