Biomes & Nature The Swamp (Jungle Alternative)

>>Terrarian<<

Solar Pillar
Hello again guys!
Here I am to finally explain what this biome consists of.

Structure: Basically a biome with large amounts of water, mostly on the surface.
It's entrance to the underground has a different form than most of the entrances of other biomes, it consists of a lake much bigger than the others in the biome and that tapers the deeper one goes until arriving at a part where one makes tunnel that goes to one side and rises out of the water as will be shown in a drawing in the next updates of this page.
The bottom of all puddles or lakes will have a kind of pasty sludge that leaves the player slower as the block of honey does.
The trees may be born within the water on condition that they are planted with a depth of no more than two tiles.
The water gets darker the deeper you go and if you reach a certain depth you can reach the total darkness.

--Sorry for being incomplete but I promise that in the next update I will complete all the necessary information and answer any questions you may have if possible.--

I personally like the idea of a swamp biome; I think swamps are mysterious environments which could capture the aspects of exploration and adventure into the unknown in Terraria without relying on something completely out of this world, such as the Crimson. However, I feel a swamp in it of itself is not comparable to a jungle. I can imagine swamps in a jungle, but not as a jungle. Perhaps a swamp could serve as an aboveground minibiome to add more spice to the jungle, but otherwise it would seem odd to just have basically a jungle with more mud and more water as opposed to the normal jungle.

I like it if I could still build a house there for the NPC. That would mean a witch would appear in the house who would sell various potions and related items.
For example, the case of Truffle, so that he settles, you need to build a house on a mushroom biome. Here is similar ...

A swamp biome would be really cool! That does sound like a lot of extra work, but I love the particular feel of swamps that isn't really covered by corruption or jungle for me. Underground swamp sounds wonderful to explore too.

A swamp biome would be really cool! That does sound like a lot of extra work, but I love the particular feel of swamps that isn't really covered by corruption or jungle for me. Underground swamp sounds wonderful to explore too.
Yes, and I've an idea for the entrance for the swamp but I haven't been able to update the thread lately because I'm getting too busy with studies.

Back
Top Bottom