tModLoader The Tantalite Mod! 1.3.1.1 (V1.0)

DexavioR

Terrarian

View attachment 125935

Hello. Me and some other guys collabed to make this mod. It's called the tantalite mod. It is still a wip, but you can download the early version here.

Anyways, it adds a lot of stuff, such as armors, weapons, bosses, and brand new enemies.This mod is a WIP, but it is still somewhat useable right now.

thanks to @Creeper8789 for this awesome drawing of a terrarian in an armor set!

Sulfur:
Capture.PNG

Pre-Hardmode Set, about equal to Crimtane/Demonite, can be found randomly around your world. Requires at least a Gold or Platinum pickaxe to mine.

Granite (Rock Tumbler Boss):
Granitebanner.png

Post Skeletron, Pre-Hardmode Boss. Drops 42 - 58 Coarse Scales, used to craft granite-themed weapons. Also has a chance to drop a cool pet boulder.

Sky:
BiomeBannerFloatingIsland.png

Early hardmode throwing armor, possible to get before any mech bosses. The armor and weapons are crafted with Sky Fragments at an Anvil. Sky fragments can be made with clouds, feathers, and souls of flight/light, at a Hellforge.

Sandstone (Sandstone Mimic):
BiomeBannerJungle.png

Spawns rarely in the underground desert after at least 1 mechanical boss has been defeated. It drops a weapon for each respective class, and an accessory.
Tantalite:

tantabanner.png

Hardmode, Post-Golem Set, more powerful than Chlorophyte, requires at least a Picksaw to mine. Ore generates after defeating Golem, randomly in the Cavern and Underground layers
of your world.

Randombanner.png

Some random items!

Dart - Thrown weapon that deals low damage, and throws darts towards the cursor. They fall to the ground after a second. 2 Feathers and 3 Iron Bars make 99, at a Workbench.

Water Knife - Thrown weapon that deals moderate damage, and rapidly throws non-homing knives towards the cursor, which return after about 1 second. Rare drop from ocean biome enemies.

Ocean's Demise - Thrown weapon that deals very high damage, operates similarly to the Paladin's Hammer, and doesn't autoswing. Very rare drop from hardmode ocean biome enemies.

Vibrant Stone - Can be combined with Coarse Scales at an anvil to make Granite themed weapons. Uncommon drop from granite biome enemies. Sells for a high price.

Gel Blaster - Magic weapon that deals high damage, rapidly shoots a spread of mini gel rockets towards the cursor. Crafted with Pink Gel, normal Gel, and Souls of Light at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

Possessed Cards - Thown weapon that deals low damage. Rapidly throws playing cards out towards the cursor that return to you. Crafted with Silk and wood at an Anvil.

Nail Whip - Melee weapon that deals high damage. Throws out a massive flail towards the cursor that stays in the air as you hold the mouse down. Rare drop from Nailheads in the Solar Eclipse.

Yet to be written...

Download for Terraria 1.3.3.2 (v1.3) TModLoader v0.8.3.4:

Attachments

• TantaliteMod v1.3.zip
    383.9 KB · Views: 926
Last edited:
I'm super tempted to help out with spriting, however, I have so many thing going on right now, I cannot. I will, however, give a piece of constructive criticism.
1. You made a fatal mistake with the sprites, but it can easily be fixed. The outlines are black. If you changed them into a darker version on the interior, then that would greatly improve the quality.
2. Organize the thread. For each item, use something like this:
ArmyFrog Sword.png
ArmyFrog Sword - Crafted using 12 frogs and 12 chlorophyte bars at an adamantite or titanium forge
Damage - 80
Critical Strike - +5%
Rarity - Yellow
I see some real potential in this mod, and I'll watch it to see how it goes. If I can clear up some time, I might ask to help out. Good luck!

I'm super tempted to help out with spriting, however, I have so many thing going on right now, I cannot. I will, however, give a piece of constructive criticism.
1. You made a fatal mistake with the sprites, but it can easily be fixed. The outlines are black. If you changed them into a darker version on the interior, then that would greatly improve the quality.
2. Organize the thread. For each item, use something like this:
View attachment 124866 ArmyFrog Sword - Crafted using 12 frogs and 12 chlorophyte bars at an adamantite or titanium forge
Damage - 80
Critical Strike - +5%
Rarity - Yellow
I see some real potential in this mod, and I'll watch it to see how it goes. If I can clear up some time, I might ask to help out. Good luck!
Wow! Thanks ArmyFrog! Dexavior is the one who made MOST of the sprites, I'll tell him about the Black Outline thing. Thanks for the criticism! I'll try to fix the problems you've mentioned!

Hey looked at this mod it looks alright but just one problem. The sprites are not very detailed and have room for improvement so if theres any sprites I can do feel free to ask.
[doublepost=1467951026,1467950885][/doublepost]I have heaps of time on my hands so I can fix the sprites but only if you want me to.

Hey looked at this mod it looks alright but just one problem. The sprites are not very detailed and have room for improvement so if theres any sprites I can do feel free to ask.
[doublepost=1467951026,1467950885][/doublepost]I have heaps of time on my hands so I can fix the sprites but only if you want me to.
Most of the sprites were done by DexavioR, I'll ask him if it's okay for you to edit his sprites.

Attention! The Lone Miner has Stomach Flu. He will not be able to work on ANYTHING until it is gone.

You can improve any you want to.

Ok thx
[doublepost=1468024903,1468024582][/doublepost]As much as I would love to help I can't because it says this when I try to open them.
'Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended could not complete your request because reading arithmetic coded JPEG files is not implemented'

Back
Top Bottom