Official The TCF 1st Anniversary Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
index.php

The TCF 1 Year Anniversary Contest

In honor of the 1 year anniversary of the Terraria Community Forums and the 1.3 update, we'd like to share an exciting event we are holding, starting today! With the 1.3 update out and everyone having had a chance to play around with it, we want you to share with us your favorite parts of it in the form of a contest! That's right, you all get to show your love for the game, and maybe even win some cool prizes! Don't worry about things like "But I cant draw! :<" we plan to have a section for everyone, there should literally be something every user could enter if they wanted to! We don't want to leave anyone out.

We would also love for everyone to drop by this thread to share their memories from Year One!
kdcROYP.png

Theme
We want you to share your experiences with the new update in one of the forums listed in the next section; whether it be showing off a spectacular boss fight, or a drawing of your favorite new enemy, a poem or short story about your experiences, or an in-game build with the new materials, this contest is to celebrate everything the 1.3 update has brought to Terraria! As such, the rather broad theme is that whichever media you choose to express yourself in, it is dedicated and focused on the experiences and content of the 1.3 update. You may, of course, ask for clarification via PM if you are unsure, but how closely you adhere to this theme will be an important element for judging entries!

divider.png

Categories
  • Artwork: Traditional (drawing, statues, oragami, ect) and Digital (computer graphics, drawn on a tablet, ect) both fall under this category.
  • Screenshot: Any unedited in-game screen shot (vanilla only, no mods) of new content from the 1.3 update. (Remember its gotta fit criteria or it wont win!)
  • Writing: Maybe you have a poem, or a short story of an amazing event that happened to you and your friends? All kinds of writing goes here.
  • Music Remixes: With all that new music released, I bet some of you out there have taken a shot at remixing some songs from it!
  • Video: Got a video of you doing something really cool with the new 1.3 content? Share it with us!
divider.png

General Rules
  1. Every user is allowed to submit only one entry and in only one category. (For example one entry in the art category, and none in any other)
  2. No stealing another person's work. If you are found guilty of this your entry will be removed and you may get additional punishments in accordance with forum rules against plagiarism.
  3. You may edit your post to switch your current submission with another as much as you want, but the contest section will be locked on October 26, 2015 at 11:59 PM PST, and you will be stuck with the entry on your post.
  4. While not a set in stone rule, putting your image in a spoiler is much appreciated for people with low end computers.
  5. Needless to say, global forum rules still apply, and excessive profanity or inappropriate content will not be suitable for consideration.
Category Rules

Artwork:
  • It must be 1.3 related and feature things that were released in 1.3 as its central theme. (You can have non 1.3 things, but the overall theme of the artwork must be 1.3 content.)
  • No trying to bend the rules on what fits in which category; if your entry in artwork consists of a bunch of words done up in a font with effects to it then it clearly belongs in the writing section.
Screenshot:
  • No editing your images. This includes editing text or graphics into it. You are allowed to crop your images down.
  • If you have more then one user in an image you must all agree that one person (the user submitting the image) is the one who will receive the prize. We can't give several users the same prize for being in one group screenshot.
  • Images should primarily focus on content introduced in the 1.3 update, including builds heavily incorporating 1.3 blocks and furniture, or screenshots of events otherwise concerning the new content.
Writing:
  • We've decided to increase the word count limit to about 1000 words. (We don't want a book or anything, short stories are fine.) Poetry can be as short as it needs to be, if necessary, but should still be long enough to be meaningful and get its point across.
Music:
  • Must be a remix of one of the 6 tracks from 1.3 and clearly distinguishable as such. After all, if you remix the music so much that we cant even tell is a track from 1.3, then how can we judge it as such? (Note: the 1.3 tracks include the Goblin Invasion theme, Pirate Invasion theme, Martian Invasion theme, Underworld track, The Towers track [previously known as the Lunar Boss theme] and Moon Lord's theme)
OR
  • A performed song (by which we mean containing lyrics) which concerns Terraria and the 1.3 update; perhaps an epic ballad about your fight with the Moon Lord? It does not need to be set to music, but Terraria music and especially 1.3 Terraria music will lend it a lot more thematic credibility! Its also okay to combine the two and make a lyrical remix as well.
BREAKING NEWS: The Official Terraria 1.3 soundtrack is now available on Bandcamp (iTunes coming soon, we hope).​
Video:
  • EDIT: We've increased the time limit for videos from two minutes to three!
  • To make the process of judging applications more reasonable, please make sure your video entries are no longer than 3 minutes and focus on 1.3 related content or builds.
divider.png

Entry Process

How do we Enter?

Entering is simple! You make a post in this Submission thread before the deadline. After the ending date all entry's will be final. You must make your entry in the submission thread or it will not be counted; submissions made in this thread will not count, and may be deleted or moved as necessary.

How long do we have?
The contests entry phase will be from now, to October 26th, after which the judging phase will begin.

Update: Entries will not be accepted after 11:59 PM PST on October 26th. This is to allow the highest amount of leeway for people entering on the final day.

How will this be judged?
We will judge your entries based on Creativity, Presentation, and Representation of the theme by the judges. You can have non 1.3 content, but the new content or experience must be the focus of it. The judges panel will be comprised by members of the TCF Moderating team, with the final decision on winners being made by the Re-logic Staff.

divider.png

The Prize?

First Prize Winner (1 for each category) will receive:
  • A $50 Steam Wallet gift code
  • A special 1.3 Contest Winner's trophy and title
  • The option to request a creative/user content thread of theirs to be pinned at the top of its section for one month (an art thread, a creative writing thread, etc)
Runner-Ups (2 for each category) will receive:
Additionally, ALL participants including the winners/runner-up's will receive:
  • A special 1.3 Contest Participation trophy and title

We are looking forward to seeing what all kinds of amazing things you are all going to make! If you have any questions about the contest, rules, or how to enter, feel free to ask here, or PM a moderator! Remember to post your submissions here in the 1.3 Contest Entry thread if you want them counted!

2ahd17r.gif
Good Luck!
21e3fux.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to personally say I very much look forward to any enterprising participants bold enough to take on the Music category! For every hundred or so pieces of Terraria art or literature, there are only one or two rare remixes of Terraria music. I can't wait to see what people can come up with!

Good luck to all who enter!

index.php

The TCF 1 Year Anniversary Contest

In honor of the 1 year anniversary of the Terraria Community Forums and the 1.3 update, we'd like to share an exciting event we are holding, starting today! With the 1.3 update out and everyone having had a chance to play around with it, we want you to share with us your favorite parts of it in the form of a contest! That's right, you all get to show your love for the game, and maybe even win some cool prizes! Don't worry about things like "But I cant draw! :<" we plan to have a section for everyone, there should literally be something every user could enter if they wanted to! We don't want to leave anyone out.

We would also love for everyone to drop by this thread to share their memories from Year One!
kdcROYP.png

Theme
We want you to share your experiences with the new update in one of the forums listed in the next section; whether it be showing off a spectacular boss fight, or a drawing of your favorite new enemy, a poem or short story about your experiences, or an in-game build with the new materials, this contest is to celebrate everything the 1.3 update has brought to Terraria! As such, the rather broad theme is that whichever media you choose to express yourself in, it is dedicated and focused on the experiences and content of the 1.3 update. You may, of course, ask for clarification via PM if you are unsure, but how closely you adhere to this theme will be an important element for judging entries!

divider.png

Categories
  • Artwork: Traditional (drawing, statues, oragami, ect) and Digital (computer graphics, drawn on a tablet, ect) both fall under this category.
  • Screenshot: Any unedited in-game screen shot (vanilla only, no mods) of new content from the 1.3 update. (Remember its gotta fit criteria or it wont win!)
  • Writing: Maybe you have a poem, or a short story of an amazing event that happened to you and your friends? All kinds of writing goes here.
  • Music Remixes: With all that new music released, I bet some of you out there have taken a shot at remixing some songs from it!
  • Video: Got a video of you doing something really cool with the new 1.3 content? Share it with us!
divider.png

General Rules
  1. Every user is allowed to submit only one entry and in only one category. (For example one entry in the art category, and none in any other)
  2. No stealing another person's work. If you are found guilty of this your entry will be removed and you may get additional punishments in accordance with forum rules against plagiarism.
  3. You may edit your post to switch your current submission with another as much as you want, but the contest section will be locked on October 26, 2015, and you will be stuck with the entry on your post.
  4. While not a set in stone rule, putting your image in a spoiler is much appreciated for people with low end computers.
  5. Needless to say, global forum rules still apply, and excessive profanity or inappropriate content will not be suitable for consideration.
Category Rules

Artwork:
  • It must be 1.3 related and feature things that were released in 1.3 as its central theme. (You can have non 1.3 things, but the overall theme of the artwork must be 1.3 content.)
  • No trying to bend the rules on what fits in which category; if your entry in artwork consists of a bunch of words done up in a font with effects to it then it clearly belongs in the writing section.
Screenshot:
  • No editing your images. This includes editing text or graphics into it. You are allowed to crop your images down.
  • If you have more then one user in an image you must all agree that one person (the user submitting the image) is the one who will receive the prize. We can't give several users the same prize for being in one group screenshot.
  • Images should primarily focus on content introduced in the 1.3 update, including builds heavily incorporating 1.3 blocks and furniture, or screenshots of events otherwise concerning the new content.
Writing:
  • We want around 400-500 words with a max limit around 600. (We don't want a book or anything, short stories are fine.) Poetry can be as short as it needs to be, if necessary, but should still be long enough to be meaningful and get its point across.
Music:
  • Must be a remix of one of the 6 tracks from 1.3 and clearly distinguishable as such. After all, if you remix the music so much that we cant even tell is a track from 1.3, then how can we judge it as such? (Note: the 1.3 tracks include the Goblin Invasion theme, Pirate Invasion theme, Martian Invasion theme, Underworld track, The Towers track [previously known as the Lunar Boss theme] and Moon Lord's theme)
OR
  • A song (by which we mean containing lyrics) which concerns Terraria and the 1.3 update; perhaps an epic ballad about your fight with the Moon Lord? It does not need to be set to music, but Terraria music and especially 1.3 Terraria music will lend it a lot more thematic credibility! Its also okay to combine the two and make a lyrical remix as well.
Video:
  • To make the process of judging applications more reasonable, please make sure your video entries are no longer than 2 minutes and focus on 1.3 related content or builds.
divider.png

Entry Process

How do we Enter?

Entering is simple! You make a post in this Submission thread before the deadline. After the ending date all entry's will be final. You must make your entry in the submission thread or it will not be counted; submissions made in this thread will not count, and may be deleted or moved as necessary.

How long do we have?
The contests entry phase will be from now, to October 26th, after which the judging phase will begin.

How will this be judged?
We will judge your entries based on Creativity, Presentation, and Representation of the theme by the judges. You can have non 1.3 content, but the new content or experience must be the focus of it. The judges panel will be comprised by members of the TCF Moderating team, with the final decision on winners being made by the Re-logic Staff.

divider.png

The Prize?

First Prize Winner (1 for each category) will receive:
  • A $50 Steam Wallet gift code
  • The option to request a creative/user content thread of theirs to be pinned at the top of its section for one month (an art thread, a creative writing thread, etc)
Runner-Ups (2 for each category) will receive:
Additionally, ALL participants including the winners/runner-up's will receive:
  • A special 1.3 Contest Participation trophy and title

We are looking forward to seeing what all kinds of amazing things you are all going to make! If you have any questions about the contest, rules, or how to enter, feel free to ask here, or PM a moderator! Remember to post your submissions here in the 1.3 Contest Entry thread if you want them counted!
Yay this is gonna be great. Cant wait to see all the entries

Dang. I need to watch this section.

Anyways, a question about the story section. Can it be up to 1k words?

Also, as I look around, I don't see a whole lot of composers here. What if not enough people enter that section?

This sounds very interesting! Good luck everyone! Maybe I'll participate if I'll get an idea.

Not Art; Ajidot/Milt/Daimera/Suweeka will dominate that category.
Not Screenshots; Flor3nc3 / some other people will dominate that (I don't keep up with this category)
Perhaps Writing; They aren't that common, but it's becoming increasingly popular. I will probably start off with this option.
Perhaps Music; I will try experimenting with this, and if something comes out good, I'll do it.
Perhaps Videos, but probably not; I am not that good with videos and don't have a good editor yet.

Dang. I need to watch this section.

Anyways, a question about the story section. Can it be up to 1k words?

Also, as I look around, I don't see a whole lot of composers here. What if not enough people enter that section?

Sorry, we'd ask that it be under 600 words. There are a lot of writers on this forum, and every judge will have to read every single entry.

As for music . . . well, if no one enters, no one wins. We don't have a minimum number of entries though.

Even with that in mind. I will just come up with something else. If my pc can't handle it then I will have to go back to console. Moving fast on the pc version for me is very laggy D: And what I had in mind moved quickly.

Wow! This forum has changed so much over a year, yet it keeps its amazing composure! Sure, accidents happen here and there, but I am very glad to see the community is having less problems than from the start. I would like to thank the moderators; For keeping the forums clean and maintained while keeping the fun side on, staff members; for showing great gratitude and responsibility in the community, and the whole community for contributing to one another, making mature acts, being fun, and following the rules. Thank you to all the artists, the contributors, the actives, the people who cherish their lives to the fullest, everyone! You all rock this world! Everyone appreciates your efforts!

For the contest, I am probably not going to enter, but good luck to one and all! This is going to be one fun contest! Try your best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom