Official The TCF 1st Anniversary Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a good one, actually. Animation is most definitely artwork, so technically it could go under there as well, although that's not very practical.
Ok, I guess that gives me some time to consider what category to make my submission in. Also, that was fast.

I need to remember to watch this thread, there is probably going to be some incredibly great works here. Just waiting to see those insane builds that I'll cry about since they're so innovative and beautifull ;(

I need to remember to watch this thread, there is probably going to be some incredibly great works here. Just waiting to see those insane builds that I'll cry about since they're so innovative and beautifull ;(
If you want to see good stuff, watch the Submission Thread. This one is just for discussion and that kind of stuff :p

OH MY GOODNESS I AM EXCITED. By the way, quick question. In the video category, are animations allowed as long as they stay relevant?
If it is something short like a gif it is in the Art category, but if it is like an actual two minute long video or something that you animated that would go in Videos.

Likely that presentation also involves composition and format, and not just the quality of the submission. Artwork with poor composition, literature with spelling errors, and other such things might adversely affect your overall chances of winning.

Though to be fair, that technically counts as part of quality.
For those asking about what "Presentation" means this sums it up pretty well as far as I am aware.

Ok guys before i start my build i want to ask 2 things:
1.We can build anything as long as it includes 1.3 blocks?
2.Can we use creative or inv cheats to get materials? (i would like an admin to answer here to be sure)

2.Can we use creative or inv cheats to get materials? (i would like an admin to answer here to be sure)

1. It doesn't even have to include 1.3 blocks, it just has to celebrate 1.3 content. A pixel-art build of the Moon Lord without any 1.3 blocks would be completely fine as well.
2. Assuming the rules haven't been changed since the Halloween contest, yes you can. You may not use third party programs to place objects that can't be placed through regular gameplay, though (such as randomly generated decorations).

1. It doesn't even have to include 1.3 blocks, it just has to celebrate 1.3 content. A pixel-art build of the Moon Lord without any 1.3 blocks would be completely fine as well.
2. Assuming the rules haven't been changed since the Halloween contest, yes you can. You may not use third party programs to place objects that can't be placed through regular gameplay, though (such as randomly generated decorations).

Thank you very much :D . Even if i would had to gathere the materials i wouldve done it XD .

Thank you very much :D . Even if i would had to gathere the materials i wouldve done it XD .

Well, the point is that you're not cheating in any way, you're just saving time. If all builds had to be made from legitimately obtained materials you would definitely need that full month.

1. You can build anything, and it can include non-1.3 elements, but the more it involves 1.3 content, the better.
2. You can use inventory editors for materials, etc. This is primarily a creative contest, not a test of your commitment to grinding for materials. ;)

It's good to see the enthusiasm and participation in the contest. There's a lot of great entries, and I'm sure that more are to come.

I do want to remind people of one of the main rules, no matter what kind of entry you've submitted or planned to submit:

Every user is allowed to submit only one entry and in only one category. (For example one entry in the art category, and none in any other)

If we find that someone has multiple entries after the submission deadline, we may well choose to remove all of those entries from consideration for prizes, including the participation trophy/title. Everyone is welcome to change/edit/replace their one entry at any time up until the submission deadline.

I'm not going to call out anyone publicly - and please, I ask that no one else do so either. We will know who those people are (if it occurs), and so will they. Please observe this basic rule to make it fair for all participants. Thanks.

Here.
sorry for posting it in the other thread. :p
Screenshot: the almost all-boss
subbmision.png

Actually, you need to post your entry in the other thread, or it may not be counted. :eek:
wait, the main thread says i must post it here but you say i need to post it there (thing that i already done)? *brainexplosion* :confused:

wait, the main thread says i must post it here but you say i need to post it there (thing that i already done)? *brainexplosion* :confused:
This thread is only for discussion of the contest. The other thread is for posting your entry to the contest, and only for posting your entry to the contest.

I'm very close to defeating the Moon Lord but how do I record the battle and how do I get the video of the battle on a post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom