Official The TCF 2nd Anniversary Shindig Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My entry to the contest is a musical one (surprise surprise). Glad I got it done before the deadline!

https://soundcloud.com/lordcakespy/ocular-migraine

For this contest, I decided to do a mashup/medley/remix of two boss themes: boss 1 and boss 2. Since they're the themes for eye of cthulhu and the twins respectively, I decided to call the track "ocular migraine."

Since this summer, I've been composing custom music for mod makers across the forums. The community is great, and I love being able to create music and share it with people who need it.

So do I win last minute submission?

I am so relieved I got this out in time. I was freaking out that I might not have made it, but here it is at last... Lego Terraria.
Terraria Project.png

Since the theme of the contest was terraria spirit, I decided channel my love for the game into my favorite art medium, Lego bricks. I designed it with many "bricks on side" and flat/round pieces to give it a pixelated feel. I was unhappy with the one stud long recreations I've seen in the past, so I tried 6 studs long and I think it worked out well. Created with LDD and rendered with PovRay it depicts many iconic scenarios from the game. The guide just chillin' out in a wooden box house, dryad fearlessly battling a zombie, the player running from a crazy-death-obsessed-bat (he's kinda hidden), a bunny doing absolutely nothing...
  • The Guide, Dryad, Player, Zombie, Voodoo Demon, Demon Eye, Blue Slime, Bat and the awe inspiring Bunny.
  • Exploded-able gold ore, and mine-able Hellstone.
  • Day Bloom, Shiverthorn, Blinkroot (it's kinda hidden as well), and Fire Blossom.
  • A small portion of the Tundra
  • A house
  • A Ruined House
  • A Tree
  • A Pond
  • A Pond of fiery lava
  • A working Minecart
  • A Shadow Chest
  • A Doll
  • No Doll House
  • Stuff

Last edited:
Darn, I almost missed this one!

Here it is!

*beware, many images, will need a lot of loading power.
Guides Apprentice_001.png

Guides Apprentice_002.png

Guides Apprentice_003.png

Guides Apprentice_004.png

Guides Apprentice_005.png

Guides Apprentice_006.png

Guides Apprentice_007.png

Guides Apprentice_008.png

Guides Apprentice_009.png

Guides Apprentice_010.png

Guides Apprentice_011.png

Guides Apprentice_012.png

Guides Apprentice_013.png

Guides Apprentice_014.png

Guides Apprentice_015.png

Guides Apprentice_016.png

Guides Apprentice_017.png

Guides Apprentice_018.png

Guides Apprentice_019.png

Guides Apprentice_020.png

Guides Apprentice_021.png

Guides Apprentice_022.png

Guides Apprentice_023.png

Guides Apprentice_024.png

Guides Apprentice_025.png

Guides Apprentice_026.png

Guides Apprentice_027.png

Guides Apprentice_028.png

Guides Apprentice_029.png

Guides Apprentice_030.png

Guides Apprentice_031.png

Guides Apprentice_032.png

Guides Apprentice_033.png

Guides Apprentice_034.png

*thumbnail version if it's too laggy to see with the full one
Guides Apprentice_001.png Guides Apprentice_002.png Guides Apprentice_003.png Guides Apprentice_004.png Guides Apprentice_005.png Guides Apprentice_006.png Guides Apprentice_007.png Guides Apprentice_008.png Guides Apprentice_009.png Guides Apprentice_010.png Guides Apprentice_011.png Guides Apprentice_012.png Guides Apprentice_013.png Guides Apprentice_014.png Guides Apprentice_015.png Guides Apprentice_016.png Guides Apprentice_017.png Guides Apprentice_018.png Guides Apprentice_019.png Guides Apprentice_020.png Guides Apprentice_021.png Guides Apprentice_022.png Guides Apprentice_023.png Guides Apprentice_024.png Guides Apprentice_025.png Guides Apprentice_026.png Guides Apprentice_027.png Guides Apprentice_028.png Guides Apprentice_029.png Guides Apprentice_030.png Guides Apprentice_031.png Guides Apprentice_032.png Guides Apprentice_033.png Guides Apprentice_034.png

'twas fun to work on.. wish I had more time.
Rip shading quality ;~;

(And yes. Title's pun intended >w>)

Last edited:
I sure hope this shindig isn't over yet! Watch as I bring an idea of mine and have it work against my favor, celebrating the spirit I regained for this wonderful game and its community, still growing strong as time goes. `:happy:
Destroyer.png

Now those promo images make a lot more sense now.

The Destroyer models come from a fellow Terrarian named Astute, I forgot who made the map, but I didn't make it; everything else is a registered trademark of their respective owners.

Last edited:
I MADE IIT
ihDOTrU.png

My original idea was supposed to be a comic involving the guide (which is frighteningly 90% similar to ajidot's entry, wow), but I was super busy so I settled with something smaller..
Didn't even bother with clean outlines because we're out of time.. just within the deadline~

Entry.png

It is just simple entry (if I am accepted by a date), It showswhat I did for Thorium mod:
Top line = female Magma armor, female Granite armor (most gender neutral armor variant I did) and female Ice armor.
Down line = female Crystal armor, male Druid shirt clothing (to show that (shown) skin on male character doesn't ruin it, maybe little improve it) and last Druid NPC ready for the party time (all originial/vanilla NPC are made like that without Party Hat for informations, I am kinda bad picking up new colours so I gave her Nurse's hair colour).
Yesterday I wasn't able to finish to the time line. Life have many suprises that you don't expect.
EDIT: Original sprites were made by Brutallama. But I am not sure who did the Druid NPC.

A big thank you to everybody that submitted entries to the contest this year! We have hit the submission deadline for the contest so the thread has been locked and any placeholders that did not get filled have been deleted.

We have no set date when the judging will be finished, but we will try to get it done as soon as we possibly can. Patience will be appreciated, as we have over 100 amazing and unique entries to look over with a fine-toothed comb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom