The TCF 2nd Anniversary Shindig!
Good morning/afternoon/evening/night Terrarians of all shapes and sizes! As you may or may not know today, September 26, 2016 is the second anniversary of our humble little forum. As with last year we would like to take this chance to extend a hand to you, the community, with another "contest." You may have noticed that the word "contest" was in quotes, time to explain that.
Unlike last year when we had a clear cut theme of, "1.3 and 1.3 related things" this year we have a massively different theme; spirit. While we sat around discussing what to do we came to the conclusion that this is not an anniversary of Terraria, but of the Terraria Community Forums. As such we are extending you the chance, to quote one Tsuki, "[to] go nuts with any sort of user-generated content." Unlike last year there will be no hard set categories to submit into, so go wild with your ideas and submit anything you want. Come one, come all - PC, Console, and Mobile players are all invited to showcase your love of the game and this community with the most creatively charged project you can come up with.
And when we say you can submit anything, we mean anything; not just art or in-game builds (though those are perfectly fine!) but anything else your mind can conjure up. Maybe some pottery or baked goods or a live action play - let your imagination run wild!
- No stealing another person's work. If you are found guilty of this your entry will be removed and you may get additional punishments in accordance with forum rules against plagiarism.
- You may edit your post to switch your current submission with another as much as you want, but the contest section will be locked on October 26, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST.
- While not a set in stone rule, putting your image in a spoiler is much appreciated for people with low end computers.
- Needless to say, global forum rules still apply, and excessive profanity or inappropriate content will not be suitable.
- You may only submit one entry to this contest, but it can be edited to your heart's content right up until the deadline.
- Make sure your submission is related to Terraria and/or the Terraria community.
The Entry Process
Entering is simple! You make a post in this Submission thread before the deadline. After the ending date all entry's will be final. You must make your entry in the submission thread or it will not be counted; submissions made in this thread will not count, and may be deleted or moved as necessary.
How long do we have?
The contest's entry phase will be from now, to October 26th. Entries will not be accepted after 11:59 PM PST on October 26th. This is to allow the highest amount of leeway for people entering on the final day.
How will this be judged?
We will judge your entries based on Creativity, Originality, and Overall Spirit. Showing a unique idea with a lot of heart is what we're looking for. The judges panel will be comprised by members of the TCF Moderating team, with the final decision on winners being made by the Re-Logic Staff.
The Prize?Similar to last year everybody that participates in the contest this year will receive a special title that can only be obtained in this way.
Additionally five "winners" (for lack of a better word) will be chosen and awarded with a second unique title that can only be obtained in this way.
We are looking forward to seeing what all kinds of amazing things you are all going to make! If you have any questions about the contest, rules, or how to enter, feel free to ask here, or PM a moderator! Remember to post your submissions here in the Contest Entry thread if you want them counted!