Official The TCF 2nd Anniversary Shindig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
e7fg80J.png

Here is my entry for TCF 2nd anniversary ! It's October, the Pumpkin Moon is about to rise again.. :)

WHY

What's the point in fighting amongst gods? To build up our hope, only to have it crumble at our feet?

'Tis a cruel, cold joke, this tournament we find ourselves in...

WHY

What's the point in fighting amongst gods? To build up our hope, only to have it crumble at our feet?

'Tis a cruel, cold joke, this tournament we find ourselves in...
Why so gloomy, you made an excellent looking cake!

The only problem with creating edible artwork though is... it's such a shame to eat it. ;(
10/10

Briefly considered not entering because that cake game is too stonk.

10/10

Briefly considered not entering because that cake game is too stonk.
Why so gloomy, you made an excellent looking cake!

The only problem with creating edible artwork though is... it's such a shame to eat it. ;(

Thanks, that means quite a lot, coming from you two.

...It's just such a good picture. Like, holy :red:. It would take me years of nothing but straight practice to be able to draw that well.

Thus the theme of this contest. Can't out draw <person X>? Then do something related to <talent> that you have that could be even cooler.

I will reveal what I would have done once entries have closed. :)

Thus the theme of this contest. Can't out draw <person X>? Then do something related to <talent> that you have that could be even cooler.

I will reveal what I would have done once entries have closed. :)

Right, right. I just have some intimidating competition is all.

'Might' look like that, I said. ;)
But yeah, it's true, some people seem to be able to do anything they want and be good at it. /envy

I mean, I'm sure it's mostly down to practice. I can draw too, and I did for the last contest, but I could't get anywhere near the levels of the professionals on this forum. So that's why I went with a cake this time.

...Well, actually, it was more because I decided to take @Matsu and @Ghostar up on their offers. I like to mix things up.

So, finally got mine done and uploaded. I am honestly shocked there was nothing else in a similar format `:p

Good luck, everybody! I love all the art, especially the design for a logo for TCF by Izabelle. Calling that Izz will win now. (At least the art category.)

Good luck, everybody! I love all the art, especially the design for a logo for TCF by Izabelle. Calling that Izz will win now. (At least the art category.)
Thanks for the vote of confidence; but I'm not entirely convinced.

There are no categories; it's a free for all this year. So you can't take something like my entry (art/apparel) and really compare it (fairly) against someone's poem or story. It's about community spirit -- and that makes it anyone's game.

It'll be especially interesting to see the results. I expect there to be a couple of unexpected wins.

I am personally more confident in a @Darthkitten win (sincerely!). That cake is boss.

Oh, I see. Damn. I have no chance of winning then against all these gorgeous art pieces. My disturbing short story about people painting bloody stars and cutting up babies won't stand a chance.
;(:dryadcry::merchantcry::nursecrying:~:cry:`:cry::pumpking:

[doublepost=1477418106,1477417994][/doublepost]Oh, I see. Darn. I have no chance of winning then against all these gorgeous are pieces. My disturbing short story about people painting bloody stars and oil won't stand a chance.
Well that's the thing about this year, right?

It's not necessarily about talent (or at least it isn't supposed to be). Because you really can't compare baking a cake to an art piece. Or an art piece to a story. It's about capturing the essence of this year's theme, "Spirit". Everyone's supposed to be on an equal level, regardless of the talent pool.

It's a weird set up -- it technically works both ways. Categories have to compete with the "big guns" of the other categories, but at the same time -- the focus on theme removes the heavy talent from dominating.

I am pretty sure we will see some unexpected wins this year.

But since this is about originality the only way I can see of contributing is to do an original song with Terraria-themed lyrics, but if it turns out to be terrible (which it probably will be), I won't submit it for everyone's sake :p
In any case, since I haven't said it yet, good luck to everyone!

lol
yeah this barely even got off the ground. Scrapped it early on because that's not something I really wanted to do. No matter, I already have the cool Lunatic Cultist title :3
Once again, good luck folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom