PC The Teleporter Trick: How to float furniture

Should I add the method to create floating doors?

• Total voters

anonlineuser

Skeletron
As you may have seen in some builds, builders will occasionally have furniture and other items floating midair! This is accomplished in one of two ways: 1, editing programs, and 2, the teleport trick. I am here to teach you about the latter.

First, use an ice rod to place three platforms, and place a teleporter on top.
p0vz045.png

Second, place the desired furniture on top.
nSCYVDh.png

Third, remove the platforms, not the teleporter, with your pick.
Fourth and last, admire your beautiful floating furniture.
i1h1mTX.png

HOWEVER, the steps to create floating 'hanging' furniture (banners, chandeliers, etc.) are different.
After the first step, place a chest of any kind on top of the teleporter and remove the platforms.
Then, place the desired furniture anywhere along the bottom.
aF7A8Rc.png

Then, remove the chest.
Finally, remove the teleporter NOT with your pick, but by firing your ice rod directly above the teleporter, touching it.
You should then have hanging furniture.
tsK8iGf.png

Other facts about floating furniture.
The floating furniture is extremely fragile. If a block is placed adjacent to it, or you interact with it (opening a door, etc.), it will be destroyed. Note that this method cannot be used to create floating torches.

There is a way to make floating doors, but it is very complicated. I will add it at popular request.

By the way,
Then, remove the chest.
Finally, remove the teleporter NOT with your pick, but by firing your ice rod directly above the teleporter, touching it.
I found sometimes the teleporter automatically dropped when the chest was removed.

And, is it possible to make a floaty chest?

Back
Top Bottom