• Kanto Kup™

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post your idea)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
iY3uMuI.png

Introduction​

Welcome to the Terraria Forums’ very first Pokémon League! Through this league, you can register to compete in Pokémon battles with other users on the website Pokémon Showdown. To compete, first create an account. Then, create a team in the NatDex and NatDex Doubles formats, then go to the team summary screen and scroll to the bottom. There you can press the Upload to Pokepaste button, which will create a one-page display of your team. Post the links for the Pokepastes of both your teams and your username here and I will add you to the participants list. An example of a complete registration will be provided below.
After clicking the link, press the ‘play online’ button. Once you enter, there should be a ‘log in’ button on the top right corner of your screen, and pressing it should allow you to make an account. Once you have an account, press the ‘teambuilder’ button (It should be red), and then press the new Team button. There’s an option to choose a format and you should choose either National Dex or Doubles OU. Then you can start creating your team. Once you’ve finished your team for one of the formats, do the same for the other.

Registering a Gym​

When you join, you have the option of also having a Gym. To register a Gym, create a monotype team (A team consisting of one main type, like Fire, Grass, or Water) in either of the main formats (Gen 8 Nat Dex or Gen 8 Doubles OU) and complete the same steps as in the introduction to create and link a Pokepaste page. Send the link with your registration, or if you decide to create one at any time. To complete your gym’s registration, design a Gym Badge that you will gift to users who defeat your Gym Team. Then, give the badge a name and send the full gym form. An example of a complete Gym Registration will be provided below.

My username is Gamewolf378
Singles’ Team
Doubles Team
Gym Type: Fairy
Gym Team
Badge Name: Gigaheart Badge
Badge Appearance:
FD364871-3358-47AF-AE53-408A0594BACB.png

Rules​

1. You can’t have more than one of a Pokémon on your team.
2. No Legendaries. Ultra Beasts count as Legendaries.
3. Only use these formats;
3A. Nat Dex
3B. Nat Dex Doubles
4. Baton Pass is not allowed.
5. Be nice to each other, please. This means no gloating or saltyness.

Lastly, this is a new rule that I will be implementing to make bans more transparent:

-Banlist Exhibition Match Rule: If you believe that a Pokémon ban was unwarranted, you can challenge me using your League team in a special Banlist Exhibition Match. I will use a team which includes the Pokémon whose ban is being challenged, and I will gladly show you why it was banned. Banlist Exhibition Matches do not go towards your wins/losses, for obvious reasons. The only exceptions to this rule are Pokémon below OU that were banned under the Legendary Clause.

Pokémon tiers:
AG (Anything Goes): Mega Rayquaza, Mega Gengar, Calyrex-Shadow, Koraidon, Miraidon, and Shedinja are usable in this tier only.
Ubers: Pokémon banned from OU.
OU (OverUsed): The most popular tier, referred to as ‘viable’
UU (UnderUsed): The tier below OU. These Pokemon are still good, but not the most popular
RU (RarelyUsed): The tier below UU. These Pokémon are almost never used in competitive Pokémon.
NU (NeverUsed): The tier below RU. These Pokémon generally should not be used in competitive Pokémon, unless you give them a very specific use.
PU (I don’t think this stands for anything): The tier below NU. Don’t use them unless you think you can make them WAY better because of certain teammates.
ZU (ZeroUsed): They are bad. Really bad. These Pokémon lose to literally anything in OU unless they have a specific set of tools to defeat a particular Pokémon. They’re more gimmick than anything.
SU (SubZero): It’s exactly what it sounds like.
Untiered: Pokémon that just aren't suited for battling. Don’t use them, no ands, ifs or buts about it. SU may make this ranking redundant.
NFE (Not Fully Evolved): These are all middle stages.
LC (Little Cup): These are all basics and babies.

Scoring​

The scoring system used for this League will be quite simple. If you battle with another user, share the result with me once you’re done. I will record wins and losses in a folder below, as well as win percentages. Scoring for Gyms will be recorded separately.

League Username: Gamewolf378
Single Battle Team: Here
Double Battle Team: Here
Gym Team: Here
Badge Name: Gigaheart Badge
Badge Appearance:
4DD29D41-ECBA-41D2-9C45-2106B99E1B9E.png

Wins: 3
Losses: 1
Win Percentage: 75%
Gym Battle Wins: 3
Gym Battle Losses: 0
Gym Battle Win Percentage: 100%
Monthly Theme Teams:
October 2021
League Username: Esthergamer
Gym Battle Team: Here
Badge name: Mahogany Badge
Badge appearance:
Mahogany Badge.png

Wins: 1
Win Percentage: 50%
Gym Battle Wins: 0
Gym Battle Losses: 1
Gym Battle Win Percentage: 0%
Monthy Theme Teams:
October 2021
League Username: Doodles24
Badge Name: Shining Badge
Badge Appearance:
1647626628848.png

Wins: 0
Win Percentage: 0%
Gym Battle Wins: 1
Gym Battle Win Percentage: 50%
League Name: AdmiralVance
Win Percentage: 0%
Name: DomentedFrog
Singles team: Here
Doubles team here
Badge Name: Lunarian Badge
Badge Appearance:
Losses: 0
Win Percentage: 100%
Monthly Theme Teams:
October 2021
League Username: TheNotVeryEpicness
Badge Name: Bland Badge
Badge Appearance:
1647706308811.png

League Username: Sigmund Froid
Gym Team (Multi): Here
Gym Team (Doubles with Silic): Here
Gym Team (Singles): Here
Badge Name: Chaos Badge
Badge Appearance:
FA022E77-FC6B-47F2-B02E-A56705080AF0.png

League Username: Silic
Gym Team (Multi): Here
Gym Team (Singles): Here
Badge Name: Chaos Badge
Badge Appearance:
FA4BC2D6-079F-43F5-9DEC-A08DC6373349.png

League Username: LaynTerraria
Single Battle Team: N/A
Double Battle Team: N/A
Badge Name: Lakeflow Badge
Badge Appearance:
2945BAAA-1715-472D-9B72-9B33DD1A08C7.png

League Username: Blizzkit_Terraria
Gym Type: Grass
Badge Name: Canopy Badge
Badge Appearance:
Canopy badge.gif

Wins: 1
Win percentage: 100%
Gym Battle Wins: 2
League Username: Dubyas
Badge Name: Megavolt Badge
Badge Appearance:
1647713151233.gif

Losses: 2
Win percentage: 0%

This Month’s Theme:​

Video Game​

Characters​

Here’s how this is gonna work. Each user who would like to participate can make a team pertaining to the theme. For this theme, each of your Pokémon must be representing a video game character that they resemble and be nicknamed as such. Here is an example. Pokémon do not count as video game characters, so don’t just put a Charizard named Charizard. You can have more than one character from the same game series. Teams should be made in the Nat Dex format.
(Don’t mind the weirdly formatted spoiler, I’m trying to fix it)

I’m going to be looking into adding Multi Battles to the Terraria Forums Pokemon League! If you want to try out this new format, build a team under the ‘2v2 Doubles’ format. Try building a team that has a balance between offense and support, because you’ll need to cooperate with another trainer on your side of the field! This makes for more interesting battles and tournaments, and a new Gym has arrived to show off this format! If you choose to make a team, let me know and I’ll add it to the participant list.

Last edited:
Me: *sees this* oooo *checks Pokémon Showdown* ...I have no idea what any of this means or what to do

After clicking the link, press the ‘play online’ button. Once you enter, there should be a ‘log in’ button on the top right corner of your screen, and pressing it should allow you to make an account. Once you have an account, press the ‘teambuilder’ button (It should be red), and then press the new Team button. There’s an option to choose a format and you should choose either National Dex or Doubles OU. Then you can start creating your team.

Yay, me being terrible at decisions is gonna be pain
I'm not sure if I should make a gym or just participate normally or aaa
It also doesn't help that the trainer card for Frostburn is also gone, forever stuck on my old phone

You can do both, I showed it in my registration. Gym battles are separate and have separate rankings, meaning you can participate in the league and also be a Gym Leader.

That helps. I'm assuming 1 gym per player?
Also, if you're alright with it, I could make small sprites for all of the badges

For Gym Teams, you can choose whether it’s Singles or Doubles (Singles is Nat Dex and Doubles is Doubles OU. Note that the Doubles format has a less diverse Dex)

Doubles has less Pokémon to choose from, and the other terms are:
Nat Dex: Includes every (Non Ubers) Pokémon.
OU: a tier in competitive Pokémon.
Pokémon tiers:
Mega Rayquaza is bathe only Pokémon banned from Ubers.
Ubers: Pokémon banned from OU.
OU (OverUsed): The most popular tier, referred to as ‘viable’
UU (UnderUsed): The tier below OU. These Pokemon are still good, but not the most popular
RU (RarelyUsed): The tier below UU. These Pokémon are almost never used in competitive Pokémon.
NU (NeverUsed): The tier below RU. These Pokémon generally should not be used in competitive Pokémon, unless you give them a very specific use.
PU (I don’t think this stands for anything): The tier below NU. Don’t use them unless you think you can make them WAY better because of certain teammates.
Untiered: The (kind of) tier below PU. Don’t use them, no ands, ifs or buts about it.
NFE (Not Fully Evolved): These are all middle stages.
LC (Little Cup): These are all basics and babies.

It took me a long time to learn this stuff. A channel that I watch for things like this is False Swipe Gaming. Their videos are mostly about analyzing certain Pokemon and how they’ve done over the years, and I’m pretty sure they have some explaining how the tiers work.

Back
Top Bottom