• Kanto Kup™

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post your idea)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...wait, you have?!
*is absolutely amazed*

Edit: @Champion Greninjoid here's my team.
Epona: Legend Of Zelda
EmeraldTale: ...Emerald Tale
Ki: Evergate
Kersti: Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Nimbus: Insaniquarium Deluxe
Kuro: Ori And The Blind Forest
Thank you for your entry, it has been entered into the database.

Wait, this says it has tapu lele which is a legendary. I thought you said no legenadaries
Screenshot_20211013-074502_Chrome.jpg

Just out of curiousity, since I never used Pokémon Showdown before...
Theoretically, could I battle in a team with someone else, while my opponent battles alone (Meaning double battle 2v1, like the Psychic gym in Gen 3)
And, regardless of that, could I make a Gym together with my brother, him using Dark Types and me using Ghost Types? I know this technically breaks the mono type rule, but it would also be pretty cool.

Just out of curiousity, since I never used Pokémon Showdown before...
Theoretically, could I battle in a team with someone else, while my opponent battles alone (Meaning double battle 2v1, like the Psychic gym in Gen 3)
And, regardless of that, could I make a Gym together with my brother, him using Dark Types and me using Ghost Types? I know this technically breaks the mono type rule, but it would also be pretty cool.
Pokémon Showdown doesn’t allow for 2v1, but your gym can be a double battle gym like mine. What you could do is just have it be doubles and make half of the team dark, half ghost and have one ghost and one dark type at a time. If I remember correctly neither Tate or Liza had 6 Pokémon, so if you and your brother operated similarly and shared a team it could work.

If you can't do 2v1 (Somewhat understandable why), but can play team battles (right?) then I'd suggest, we make 3 teams, basically, one for each of us with 6 Pokémon for single battles. (The challenger can choose who to challenge) and than one Team, where each of us has three of the six Pokémon (Preferably from our single battle teams) for doubles.

If that works, then we'll probably set it up tomorrow *looks at clock* nvm today...

If you can't do 2v1 (Somewhat understandable why), but can play team battles (right?) then I'd suggest, we make 3 teams, basically, one for each of us with 6 Pokémon for single battles. (The challenger can choose who to challenge) and than one Team, where each of us has three of the six Pokémon (Preferably from our single battle teams) for doubles.

If that works, then we'll probably set it up tomorrow *looks at clock* nvm today...
That would work, but all three teams need to be linked, as well as both of your usernames on Showdown (Unless you’ll share an account, in which case it’s fine). You could also make two normal challenger teams (Singles and Doubles) if you want to be able to challenge other gyms, and for your gym a badge name is required to make it more legitimate, and a small badge icon of your badge isn’t required but it’s a nice touch. The formats for the teams you need and other info is in the first post (In case you haven’t read it yet)

I have read the first post, and do you really think I would miss the chance to make a Froid themed badge sprite... I mean the theme should be clear, Frenzy (Dark) and Void (Ghost) the 2 Wisps that together form Froid... Expect the sprite together with the submission as soon as I'm done.

Unless you’ll share an account, in which case it’s fine
You can use one account for two "players" in a double battle?

You can use one account for two "players" in a double battle?
Technically. A Double Battle is where both trainers have two Pokémon on the field at once, so you’d only be one account. There wouldn’t be two trainers as no such 2v1 function exists, but you can make it so that you always have one ghost and one dark type on the field (Unless all three of one type are down and there’s two or more of the other, of course) and just give the device to your brother so he can control the Dark types while you can use it to control your ghosts. You could also just control the whole team yourself, but if you want both you and your brother to control the team then you could do it, though there‘d still only be one trainer account on your side.

We finally finished our Teams, so here is our Registration:

My username is Sigmund Froid
My Singles Team
My Doubles Team

My Brother's username is Silic
His Singles Team
His Doubles Team

Gym Types: Ghost/Dark
My Ghost-Type Half of the Multi Gym Team
His Dark-Type Half of the Multi Gym Team

Our Doubles Gym Team
(You can battle either of us with this Team, if you don't find a partner for a Multi Battle)

My Ghost-Type Singles Gym Team
His Dark-Type Singles Gym Team
(You can challenge either of us alone to get the batch, if you don't like doubles)

Badge Name: Chaos Badge
Badge Appearance:
chaos_badge.png

Our Multi battle (2v2 doubles) Teams consist of 4 Pokémon each, 2 of which we choose in battle, because so are the rules of 2v2 Double Battles, apparently... (Idk)
Sorry that we have like 5000 Teams.

I won't accept battles right now, because it's like 2 o' clock in the morning or something.

Edit: just realized that Gen 8 2v2 doubles have slightly different rules regarding legal Items, so I need to change my team a bit, I'll post the updated Multi Battle teams later

Edit 2: Electric Pikachu: My new Multi Battle Team
The Team of my Brother didn't change, except for the Format, obviously, but he didn't feel the need to post it again...

Last edited:
2v2 doubles isn’t a format that’s usable for this league, you might have to share one doubles team. I guess I could ask everyone to make a multi battle team too, but that’s be way more work for me to add to the participant list and then everyone would want to have their own gym format. You’d also have to have two people wanting to challenge the gym at the same time for it to work. I’ll look into it, but you might just have to share a team or have separate gyms. It’d be a fun battle setting if I could implement it and it would be good for special tournaments, but until I end up finding time to make a new format section having a 2v2 gym might not be possible. I might be able to find time during the evenings, but it’s not guaranteed so this has the possibility of taking any amount of time between a day or two to a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom