TTT The Terrarian Times: 1.3 Spoiler Recap, Interview With Cenx

Great post! Looking forward to seeing more of these in the future. I never even knew about the revamp for the Eclipse and i am always trying to find spoilers. Thank you for posting this :) .

I realize there are new banners like slime ones, but what about possessed armors? They are a fairly common enemy in hardmode and I think they deserve a banner to add to the overwhelmingly full hallway of banners. Also, unicorn mount? I will ride it everywhere

Amazing Work, can not wait for 1.3, yet you never mentioned Mac being added, its going to be a huge thing for 1.3 because its said that when 1.3 comes out, MAc should be coming with it, I Love the new features, they make the game look a bit more realistic ( i cant say that much, the game is made through pixels ) though, the 1.3 update should be really fun and i cant wait to play it.

You guys kind of make it sound like Terraria is going to be done. No more updates after this?
We are hoping that with the completion of this update Terraria will feel complete.

I think the update will complete Terraria in terms of progression.
It might just be the paranoid, conspiracy theorist part of me, but, you guys seem to be treating this as the last major update.
Then again, it could just be because you don't know what to add after this.

Hmm... to be honest, not sure how to feel about the new additions to the Solar Eclipse. They're already rare enough, and have enough content for the little distractions that they are. 14 enemies seems like a bit much to be honest, and unless there is a more convenient way of coming across the Solar Eclipse event, then there will be too much to be desired in such a short time on a somewhat rare event.

Hmm... to be honest, not sure how to feel about the new additions to the Solar Eclipse. They're already rare enough, and have enough content for the little distractions that they are. 14 enemies seems like a bit much to be honest, and unless there is a more convenient way of coming across the Solar Eclipse event, then there will be too much to be desired in such a short time on a somewhat rare event.
I think some of the Solar Eclipse enemies should only appear depending on your game progression.
Once you defeat a certain boss, stronger enemies will spawn alongside the usual ones you see.

It might not have so much drops you know.. having so much enemies =/= having so much drops (look at the mushroom biome's enemies as an example)

It might not have so much drops you know.. having so much enemies =/= having so much drops (look at the mushroom biome's enemies as an example)

Well, a specific set of current enemies drop the Broken Hero Blade. It may be an attempt at balancing if only that set will still be the only ones to drop it, but it will become more of a pain rather than balanced if that's the case.

And there are only five Mushroom Biome enemies (Enemies meaning aggressive). This is twelve. If there are twelve in an event and drop or add next to nothing, then it's not a really needed addition. Sure some more banners and enemies can be neat, I just don't think it's needed. Then again, we never know until the update comes out. Chances are there will be special drops, but if the rarity of the event is unchanged, it will be an even bigger grind.

Sure some more banners and enemies can be neat, I just don't think it's needed.
The main reason they added these is to reference some horror movies, so yeah it's not needed.
Would be nice if they dropped vanity stuff instead of content though (I don't want the eclipse to become more common tbh, but that's just my opinion)

Can't wait to play it... but, of course, I will.

This update looks like it's going to have it all. That is to say, a bit of everything: Monsters, weapons, building materials, furniture, and increased functionality. Thanks for all the hard work, team!

I somehow missed the Eclipse spoiler. The Butcher reminds me of that pig-masked guy from Motel Hell (though I've never actually seen it). And while an autonomous hand certainly reminds me of The Addams Family (two Ds), if we're talking evil autonomous hand, I think Evil Dead 2. :merchanteek:

With the number of things in Terraria that use euphemistic names to avoid copyright problems, I've always wondered if the hammer was ever going to fall on Swamp Thing... Hmm, maybe Swamp Beast... Bog Creeper? Marsh Menace? Hartville Ohio already has a claim on "Muck Monster."

I personally am freaking out about this update... I CANT WAIT!!! X3

I also can't wait to see the new drop tables for enemies! I thrive off of enemy drops so the new Eclipse mobs are getting me psyched!

Back
Top Bottom