TTT The Terrarian Times: 1.3 Spoiler Recap, Interview With Cenx

You guys kind of make it sound like Terraria is going to be done. No more updates after this?

It might just be the paranoid, conspiracy theorist part of me, but, you guys seem to be treating this as the last major update.
Then again, it could just be because you don't know what to add after this.
Well, it's been mentioned before that yes, this might be the last 'major' update, but we don't know for sure, i personally think that Terraria will probably seemed 'complete' at this point, and i'd be happy for, after this update, Re-logic to start on another project (Terraria 2?)

Well, it's been mentioned before that yes, this might be the last 'major' update, but we don't know for sure, i personally think that Terraria will probably seemed 'complete' at this point, and i'd be happy for, after this update, Re-logic to start on another project (Terraria 2?)
Yeah, I know. But personally, I don't think there should be sequels of sandbox games.

Yeah, I know. But personally, I don't think there should be sequels of sandbox games.

One of the main reasons why Terraria 2 has been an idea is that there are fundamental limitations to the Terraria engine that the dev team simply can't work around. Eventually, Terraria could reach a point where amazing ideas that could be made will not be able to be implemented due to these limitations.

So rather than just accept them, or let Terraria (as a franchise) stagnate, the idea of moving on to create a more advanced engine for a sequel would allow Redigit to help Terraria advance without those limitations, while leaving the original in capable hands to continue development to a degree.

Believe me . . . the idea of "starting over" in a new game is something I don't want to imagine, but ultimately it will be for the good of the IP. Don't think of it as a sequel . . . think of it as a technical upgrade that will allow the series to move past some unforeseen limitations.

One of the main reasons why Terraria 2 has been an idea is that there are fundamental limitations to the Terraria engine that the dev team simply can't work around. Eventually, Terraria could reach a point where amazing ideas that could be made will not be able to be implemented due to these limitations.

So rather than just accept them, or let Terraria (as a franchise) stagnate, the idea of moving on to create a more advanced engine for a sequel would allow Redigit to help Terraria advance without those limitations, while leaving the original in capable hands to continue development to a degree.

Believe me . . . the idea of "starting over" in a new game is something I don't want to imagine, but ultimately it will be for the good of the IP.
Oh, okay. Thanks.

STOP BEING REASONABLE THIS ISN'T REDDIT!

I am wondering if you guys can add another row of dye... so we won't have to combine the two dyes... meaning one dye slot is primary and the other secondary. and maybe an option to toggle between primary/secondary to combine. EX: one slot has blue and the other yellow so you will look green.
Also my little brother thought that there should be a way to dye your weapon
and I was thinking that there should be an NPC that can make a weapon look like another weapon but still have its original effects. For example making the Terrablade look like a Brakerblade yet the "Brakerblade" will have the same stats as the Terrablade.
I hope this gets added.

I am wondering if you guys can add another row of dye... so we won't have to combine the two dyes... meaning one dye slot is primary and the other secondary. and maybe an option to toggle between primary/secondary to combine. EX: one slot has blue and the other yellow so you will look green.
Also my little brother thought that there should be a way to dye your weapon
and I was thinking that there should be an NPC that can make a weapon look like another weapon but still have its original effects. For example making the Terrablade look like a Brakerblade yet the "Brakerblade" will have the same stats as the Terrablade.
I hope this gets added.

@Soulredix

Just as a heads up . . . this thread was created by a normal forum member, working mostly with other normal forum members, and posted as such. It isn't an official developer thread, and while its possible a developer might read through this . . . lets just say "you guys" probably aren't in here. :)

You can try making a suggestion in the Suggestions section, but please read the rules first!

:D Unicorn mount! I'm pretty sure I once made a thread about wanting a unicorn mount! :D
Of course I know a lot of people have asked for one but still! We will get a unicorn mount! :D
SO MUCH HYPE!

well all the new stuff is fine and dandy but all I would like to see in the game is controller support and linux compatibility

well, its hyping up the PC community, anyway... its not even on the horizon for the console community.

considering our luck so far, who knows if we'll even get the whole update on consoles, or if it'll even work right.

...my hopefulness has pretty much died at this point. :dryadcry:

well, its hyping up the PC community, anyway... its not even on the horizon for the console community.

considering our luck so far, who knows if we'll even get the whole update on consoles, or if it'll even work right.

...my hopefulness has pretty much died at this point. :dryadcry:

You just have to be patient. The console, though it lags behind overall, has been progressing much faster than PC as a whole. PC has not gotten an update in 8 months, and there is no evidence to indicate any foreseeable release date.

While it is a relatively small update, console had an update only a month and a half ago. The fishing and mounts update will probably be next on the agenda.

So, like everyone else, console users will have to be patient.

Back
Top Bottom