TTT The Terrarian Times: The One Just Before 1.3

Tsuki said:
in a world where games are released as is, with very little post-release updates, it becomes especially commendable for a game to be supported for over 4 years, with several DLC-sized updates being provided free of charge.

minecraft, risk of rain, the long dark, lego worlds, terraria, cube world, roughly 6,000 other games do the exact same thing. just saying

Tsuki said:
many of us have created a new character only to start out with a "Legendary Copper Shortsword," only to laugh because how useless that actually is, even with a prefix of "Legendary." We almost immediately trash it in favor of a wooden broadsword, or many people die trying to use the shortsword.

actually, the copper shortsword is really good against zombies. it attacks way faster than the wood broadsword, and can pierce better, extremely useful for repelling zombies. really it's only weakness is demon eyes. i don't understand why it's so unpopular.

minecraft, risk of rain, the long dark, lego worlds, terraria, cube world, roughly 6,000 other games do the exact same thing. just saying

Lego Worlds? 2015
The Long Dark? 2014
Risk of Rain? 2013
Cube World? 2013, and still in Alpha last time I checked

None of these are even 4 years old yet. Not even half of that. A bit too early to judge them for how they handled themselves over the course of 4 years if it's not been 4 years. Just saying :dryadwink:

Minecraft, yes.

The other 6000 games, I dunno about cause they're not named. Can't really be the exact same thing if it's not the exact same thing.

Look, buddy, I think 6,000 is a huge overstatement. The dedication provided by the developers within each update? That's special. That's what makes Terraria great. Do you see Notch moseying on down to the Minecraft forums for game ideas? No.

And about the copper shortsword, all TTT is doing is paying homage to a good suggestion. If you'd like to debate about whether or not its useful go on to it's respective thread. I think the shortsword sucks because it's supposed to, it gives you the accomplishment of saying "I'm better than that, get your handouts away from me."

Perfect place to ask if anyone else thinks that the new updates for mobile will come out on June 30th! So, do you?

Nice! My little Cenigit doodle got featured too! c:
Not sure what my favorite 1.3 spoiler is, there's been a lot of cool stuff that got shown by the devs.

Perfect place to ask if anyone else thinks that the new updates for mobile will come out on June 30th! So, do you?
There's been no info given on that by 505 Games but I think it most likely won't.

I won't mug you for the $20, but I'll kidnap you for information and spoilers...
lllllp.JPG

"What would be your most anticipated feature of 1.3? Or what do you hope will make it into 1.3?"
Answer : Meowmere ,New mechanic to npc, better mechanic for screen shot.

I don't think copper short sword is useless item since it's can use to poke everyone and it's make other weapon feel more valuable!
I'll wait to see if someone suggest the true blow pipe.

Man, the day of 1.3 is near. I'm gonna miss the 1.2.4.1 days, but I guess change is for the best.

You can always hold off downloading it, or download an old pirated version (It isn't bad if you've already bought the game >~> )
I remember my friend downloaded an old pirate version just so we could have some nostalgia, we ended up cringing and quitting right off the bat because there wasn't even a background. LIKE HOW DID WE EVEN PLAY IT BACK THEN IT LOOKS SO HORRIBLE.

Awesome read as usual. Hard to believe we are finally nearing the fabled 1.3 release. For good memories, I look back to 1.2. About 3 in the morning and everyone on Steam's Terraria forum are chomping at the bit. Everyone is asking when, people are hyped. Not long after, I see the little status bar on the bottom of the screen flash and a download bar appear. I quickly check to find 1.2 is downloading. I barely had time to inform my threads that 1.2 had released before I jumped in. I remember being more excited about that patch than any other game release ever. I played for hours into the morning. I kept my eyes locked at my monitor in absolute wonder and amazement. I never thought I would ever be as excited but here we are. One week to go. All I can say, its been one hell if a ride. Terraria has given so much to me and it will always be the best game of all time. An honor that Mario Bros held, many years ago, by a four year old with a Nintendo. Thanks Re-Logic. And thank the TTT team for an awesome read.

You can always hold off downloading it, or download an old pirated version (It isn't bad if you've already bought the game >~> )
I remember my friend downloaded an old pirate version just so we could have some nostalgia, we ended up cringing and quitting right off the bat because there wasn't even a background. LIKE HOW DID WE EVEN PLAY IT BACK THEN IT LOOKS SO HORRIBLE.
At least you didn't get to the Corruptors.

The version we downloaded was before corruptors.
It was before the Night's edge.
It was even before they put in the mining noises.
It was horrible... we still played the crap out of it when it first came out though c:
You poor soul.
I remember back then fondly, when I grinded Hellstone to beat Skeletron (he was an actually challenging boss back then, and was the last boss!), and my favorite weapon being the Flamarang.

I actually didn't even know there was a hell before someone told me XD I had full gold armour and tools before I saw my friend with items that I had never seen before (A magic mirror and a Flamarang)

Anyways going off topic so I'll stop this conversation. Good day talking to you sir/mam, I hope that bucket is cozy.

i have to test this out: take the Portal gun (in 1.3) and try to shoot a Portal on the Moon...

Man, I would be so impressed if this worked. It would be cool if you could go through to the moon, a mini-world with its own items etc. but you only have the amount of time that Terraria crosses the sky. So 9 minutes if you get the portal on at the very start of night. If you don't re-portal back before the moon turns away from Terraria then you are marooned - lack of oxygen or something - everything you picked up is destroyed (maybe even everything you carry including the portal gun) and you respawn back on Terraria.

Anyway, as I'm mainly a console player and have only recently bought the PC version I'm psyched for anything that I can look forward to playing on the TV in about 4 years. :)

Back
Top Bottom