TTT The Terrarian Times: The One Just Before 1.3

If im really honest, i dont even know what most of these forums mean.... whats so cool about the true copper shortsword? Btw i only play terraria on the tablet so yeah...

I think my most anticipated feature in 1.3 will be all the new magic stuff. And that new mining ball mount thing. As for my most fond memory, it was probly a mistake EVERY noob makes. It was about 2 1/2 months before 1.2. I thought I was all bad in my gold armor, and I went exploring and found the dungeon. Made the mistake of just walking past the old man, than screamed like a little girl and nearly jumped out if my chair as the Dungeon Guardian ripped me to pieces. Me and my brother had a nice laugh at that.
Aaaaah, memories.....

Another great issue! I'd have to say the thing I'm most excited for is the final boss and the Cultist stuff, although I'm also excited for the new customization features, and better NPCs :D For what I'm hoping makes it it, I wanna see more Terra stuff, even if its just an armor dye.

Aye, another great update! Of course, the whole reason I like this update is that I can finally play Terraria on the PC! Or the Mac, to be more accurate. :D

Amazing ARTicle as always; thanks for the recap and other information. It's always nice for people like me who don't have as much time to be hanging around the forums to catch every update; for all the information to be compiled like this is a godsend.

Appreciate your time and effort Tsuki~ Have a wonderful mugging-free day!

divider.png

UAtiUd8.png
The True Copper Shortsword
jFfZNnx.png

For my next piece of community news, I'd like to talk about a suggestion. A personal favorite of mine, I won't lie, but mainly I want to illustrate how a suggestion can be simple and still leave a large impact. That suggestion is the True Copper Shortsword. There is not an incredible amount to understand about the suggestion. It is one item. It is one sprite. But yet, it may be one of the single most "liked" suggestions on the forums. Why? Because it's simple, but amusing and actually has a relatively large impact. It is taking one of the most universally hated weapons / items in the game, and giving it a usage. It's very tongue-in-cheek, because I know many of us have created a new character only to start out with a "Legendary Copper Shortsword," only to laugh because how useless that actually is, even with a prefix of "Legendary." We almost immediately trash it in favor of a wooden broadsword, or many people die trying to use the shortsword.

But this suggestion is fun, and to me, it fits very well with Terraria's silly and quirky sense of humor. A weapon that's quite hated, poked fun at for being incredibly weak and useless, only to be given the honor of having a "True" variant. And you don't even stab people with it. You throw it. You throw it and it becomes akin to a heat-seeking boomerang that hits up to 5 targets. It's almost like a play on the idea that most people throw the copper shortsword away the moment they create a character. But the True Copper Shortsword always comes back to its owner. And it's useful. And it can actually kill things.

This is an idea that a lot of people might have considered a joke at first glance, only to realize that it's actually quite entertaining, fun, and funny. I would definitely be one to use a True Copper Shortsword. They even have a neat little banner to share your support for the idea!

divider.png

wait so are you adding this or not because i have been playing 1.3 and i cant make anything with the copper shortsword

wait so are you adding this or not because i have been playing 1.3 and i cant make anything with the copper shortsword

I'm not in charge of adding suggestions to the game and I don't have any control over what the developers add. This article was just to give credit for a unique and fun suggestion that a lot of people supported.

Back
Top Bottom