tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Just overwrite, nothing bad will happen. UNLESS you have items on weapon racks and armor stands...
This. Usually, though, bad stuff only happens when adding mods and IDs get switched around. I wish weapon racks etc stored things like chests do (internally) so that ID shifts wouldn't mess up which item it was.

Hello, been playing the mod for a while now, and I have 2 questions.

Is their a plantera summoning item, and how is it obtained ?
The second one is kind of a spoiler I think :
What crafting station does the guide's final gift replace ?

The mod's been amazing so far, I'm solo mage and both hardmode armors made it really smooth !

Diverman, quick question. Is the content page the only way to look up recipes for the mod (besides the Guide). Because if it is, some of the recipes need to be fixed. Like I went to make a set of Thorium Armor and it ended up being a cost of 33 Ingots instead of 45. Also with the starter magic spells, they require another fallen star while the content page doesn't even mention it. The magma set also has a few adjustments that aren't mentioned.

Hello, been playing the mod for a while now, and I have 2 questions.

Is their a plantera summoning item, and how is it obtained ?
The second one is kind of a spoiler I think :
What crafting station does the guide's final gift replace ?

The mod's been amazing so far, I'm solo mage and both hardmode armors made it really smooth !
1. There is not.
2. It functions as every station in the game/mod

Diverman, quick question. Is the content page the only way to look up recipes for the mod (besides the Guide). Because if it is, some of the recipes need to be fixed. Like I went to make a set of Thorium Armor and it ended up being a cost of 33 Ingots instead of 45. Also with the starter magic spells, they require another fallen star while the content page doesn't even mention it. The magma set also has a few adjustments that aren't mentioned.
If you wanted to do me a massive favor, could you tell me every account of these discrepancies that you've noticed so I can fix them right up?

If you wanted to do me a massive favor, could you tell me every account of these discrepancies that you've noticed so I can fix them right up?
I might as well point out some of the items that are not yet listed. The items made from the Void heart, The ion canon, the slugger, the necro bow, Mjölnir, the ancient dragon armour and probable some more that i have missed.

Edit: Also a lot of the new mob drops like weapons and accessories dont have that much information about them. The main page mostly just mentions that the mobs can drop them and nothing else. It would be really helpful if you could make an section for these mob drops.

Last edited:
Speaking of the slugger, I noticed an inconsistency. The hand cannon has the same recoil tooltip as the slugger, but it behaves differently, in that it can't be used to generate infinite speed.

Speaking of the slugger, I noticed an inconsistency. The hand cannon has the same recoil tooltip as the slugger, but it behaves differently, in that it can't be used to generate infinite speed.
That's because the use time on the slugger is quicker than the Hand Cannon I believe.

Thanks ! For 2 since the tooltip says "almost" I thought it was only the mendatory stations. I guess almost is their because of other mods specific stations.
Probably. Although I'm not entirely sure if it also functions as specialty stations like Tinkerer's and Alchemy stations.

Thanks ! For 2 since the tooltip says "almost" I thought it was only the mendatory stations. I guess almost is their because of other mods specific stations.
It functions as...
Furnace
Hell Forge
Adamantite Forge
Workbench
Anvil
Mythril Anvil
Demon Altar
Alchemy Table
Bookcases
Tables & Chairs
Sawmill
Loom
Heavy Workbench
Tinkerers Workbench
It does NOT function as any modded crafting stations, for a couple reasons. Mainly from a design standpoint.

Just fought Coznix on Expert and I love it! I love the
True Form. It's simple and powerful, and while the Antlion mount kinda made him easy to avoid, my first time fighting him didn't go so well. It's not easy to outrun this guy. His attacks are impressive and the only thing I wish is that maybe he had more minions, since I only saw one or two. Maybe something like True Eyes of Cthulhu but True Eyes of Coznix? >w> But in all seriousness, that was awesome. Probably my favorite so far! The others were fun but he takes it up a notch.

EDIT: Holy crap I opened the bag! Love it! I was expecting something to do with Beholders but actually having him as a mount is too sweet. Might need a bit more animation though, just my two cents. Still really good early Hardmode stuff!

Last edited:
Another comment, sorry, but this is something I wanted to address.
The Nimbus Rod in it's current state is MUCH better than the Titanium Staff, because the Titanium Staff has to be cast 11 times before the 1 Nimbus Rod runs out. In addition, Nimbus Rod can cast two; Titanium Staff can only cast one. Is there a possibility of increasing Titanium Staff's length? It doesn't have to be as long as Nimbus Rod, but it is tedious to summon at the current rate in my opinion when mana recharges faster than it anyways. I would recommend a 5x increase, making it half the length of the Nimbus Rod, but still usable because the damage is a good bit better. This is just a personal nitpick though, as I'll probably put the Titanium Staff away and keep the Nimbus Rod if this continues.

I found titanium staff alright. I didn't think of it as a "turret" spell, but rather like a main weapon that doesn't care about walls. It's not the best, no doubt, but not many things can be "the best."

It's one of those weapons that work best on events, invasions, and general underground exploring than it does boss fighting.

Another comment, sorry, but this is something I wanted to address.
The Nimbus Rod in it's current state is MUCH better than the Titanium Staff, because the Titanium Staff has to be cast 11 times before the 1 Nimbus Rod runs out. In addition, Nimbus Rod can cast two; Titanium Staff can only cast one. Is there a possibility of increasing Titanium Staff's length? It doesn't have to be as long as Nimbus Rod, but it is tedious to summon at the current rate in my opinion when mana recharges faster than it anyways. I would recommend a 5x increase, making it half the length of the Nimbus Rod, but still usable because the damage is a good bit better. This is just a personal nitpick though, as I'll probably put the Titanium Staff away and keep the Nimbus Rod if this continues.
I'd argue the Titanium staff is better. The nimbus rod only works in a straight line where as the Titanium staff homes in, shoots quickly, and can be cast multiple times. I actually used it in conjunction with the Adamantite Staff to dish out some serious damage.

I found titanium staff alright. I didn't think of it as a "turret" spell, but rather like a main weapon that doesn't care about walls. It's not the best, no doubt, but not many things can be "the best."

It's one of those weapons that work best on events, invasions, and general underground exploring than it does boss fighting.

I'd argue the Titanium staff is better. The nimbus rod only works in a straight line where as the Titanium staff homes in, shoots quickly, and can be cast multiple times. I actually used it in conjunction with the Adamantite Staff to dish out some serious damage.
Okay, fair enough, I can see your point. I still would prefer it be a bit longer but both of your arguments are understandable. Though, @Chime , I'm not sure what you mean by can be cast multiple times; the Titanium Staff can only be cast once, placing the blade portal. @General Milky , I guess I expected turret too much. Too used to playing Mage and casting eight billion turrets everywhere, lol. You have a good point.

Back
Top Bottom